(Topic ID: 142354)

MidWest Gaming 'RARE' CHALLENGE!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_56981.jpg
    MD_2020.jpg
    image.jpg
    PB081879.jpg
    image.jpeg
    whack-a-doodle_doo.jpg
    udderly_tickets.jpg
    Entex-BlackKnightPinballBox.jpg
    There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 8 years ago

I thought the rare challenge was pretty fun, but we will make some adjustments for next year. Only ~50 of the quarters (out of 200) got turned in and all those that turned in were for the solidstate category.

Winners were Neo for his sweet Spooky and Troy for his Goin Nuts as I made an audible to reward 2 prizes for the SS category since nobody claimed the EM or DMD categories.

The 3rd prize went to all that enjoyed drinking the 3rd bottle of good bourbon during the after party

Troy I have your prize and will get it to you the next time I see you.

#202 8 years ago

A great idea that will only get better next year. Kudos Hilton!

#203 8 years ago

I guess there should have been more of an announcement at the beginning of the after party. I was unaware of this contest until I just saw this thread, but this does now explain the 3 quarters I found in my Triple Strike at breakdown. Although not rare, I appreciate whoever voted for it.

DanQverymuch- I played the heck out of that Fire Cracker, thanks for bringing it.

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Only ~50 of the quarters (out of 200) got turned in

Guilty

I thought they were drink tokens... Bartender did not agree.

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

I guess there should have been more of an announcement at the beginning of the after party. I was unaware of this contest until I just saw this thread, but this does now explain the 3 quarters I found in my Triple Strike at breakdown. Although not rare, I appreciate whoever voted for it.
    DanQverymuch- I played the heck out of that Fire Cracker, thanks for bringing it.

Except voting was supposed to be over when the party started! I had to go vote quick myself then.

Glad you liked Fire Cracker. I bet very few ever saw it before yet it still got no white quarters. Chicago Coin gets no respect!

I'm glad that the contest will be reprised next year, I should have Roto ready by then!

#206 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

I guess there should have been more of an announcement at the beginning of the after party. I was unaware of this contest until I just saw this thread, but this does now explain the 3 quarters I found in my Triple Strike at breakdown.

The quarters did come on a sheet of paper explaining the contest and what to do with them. They should have been handed out to each person that brought a pinball machine to the show, but I know a few were missed when they checked in as Tully is a busy dude.

Dan also did make an announcement at the start of the afterparty to remind people, but I think many were more focused on the food and game playing rather than the rare challenge.

Either way I am declaring it a success. It was just a fun little thing to do and this MGC had the MOST and BEST rare diversity I have EVER seen!!! BIG thanks to all that brought their rare gems. I really enjoyed playing them!

#207 8 years ago

Yes, it was a success, and thanks for your effort, Hilton! What ever works perfectly the first time it is tried? It was still yet another reason MGC rules!

#208 8 years ago

Just an idea for next year but maybe an index card with RARE in big bold letters taped to the head? Rare as determined by Hilton of course.

#209 8 years ago

There were some games there that you don't see often. I got to play games I have never played before. That always makes it a successful trip. I need to play an Indy 500 and Safecracker to get me deeper into the top 100 list.

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Glad you liked Fire Cracker. I bet very few ever saw it before yet it still got no white quarters. Chicago Coin gets no respect!

I should have introduced myself as you were right next to me when we were breaking down games at the end of the show. I had the Gottlieb Wild Life and you were breaking down your Fire Cracker.

While I didn't have a white quarter in my game - and I wouldn't have expected it as Wild Life is neither rare nor a gem - I did have a quarter in my game so I'm 25 cents ahead for having brought the game.

Dave

#211 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

There were some games there that you don't see often. I got to play games I have never played before. That always makes it a successful trip. I need to play an Indy 500 and Safecracker to get me deeper into the top 100 list.

Just played Safecracker for the first time a few weeks ago. Tim E was generous enough to share it with me. Maybe see if he's free the next time your around Madison. It was FUN!!

#212 8 years ago

You guys want to talk about Goin Nuts ?

IMG_56981.jpgIMG_56981.jpg

1 year later
    #213 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I just sold the two rarest games I own, I500 and Airborne.
    Edit: Forgot about SC. That's rarer than both of those.

Thanks i still have Airborne

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-rare-challenge/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.