(Topic ID: 10968)

Midwest Gaming Classic......who's going?

By pinheadpuckguy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dvandentop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

My WW is in "good" shape but with wear on the dive hole. But if that is okay, I'll totally bring it. I think it would be great to have it "break" and learn more about with help from people who know more.

That would be great! Waterworld is one you don't see too often. I'd for sure put a few games on it! And never, ever worry about some wear holding you back from bringing a game. Most of the machines aren't "collector quality", and there is nothing at all wrong with that. As long as it's working and fairly reliable, it's welcome with open arms. Thanks for considering bringing it!

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

will be there also, been going for 4 years now and it is well run , great fun, looking forward to putting faces with some of the names

I just took a look at your awesome collection! Any chance you could bring a few of those beauties? Tell you what...I'll bring the CV, you bring TOM and TOTAN and we can put together one heck of a John Pop row! Since there's a good chance that he'll be there, we could ask him to do some machine signing and take some really cool pictures. Hmm...I know someone who has brought a WCS94 to the show before too...maybe he could bring that again. If we got our hands on a SW:Ep1 we'd have them all. That would be pretty sweet...

Come on...you know you want to...

#53 12 years ago

Was there a TOTAN there last year? I thought I saw one. Is there a list of games people are bringing?

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Was there a TOTAN there last year? I thought I saw one. Is there a list of games people are bringing?

Nope. Not unless it came and went in minutes and I didn't see it. You would have had to pry me off of it! I think there was one there 4 years or so ago? Back when it was still at the old place I think I remember one. Haven't seen one (anywhere) since. Definitely want to spend more time on one.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone know if Jpop will be there? I have a CV poster that I'd love for him to sign.

Talked to John this past weekend. He plans to be at MGC on the Saturday of the show. Mark your calendars!

#56 12 years ago

Be my first time there, but planning to attend it this year! Hopefully bring a game or two

2 weeks later
    #57 12 years ago

Bumping this up to ask everyone -- if you're planning on bringing a machine, PLEASE make sure that you register ASAP. Once again, I've figured out how to better spread the machines out throughout the hotel, which has left me in the pickle of I need more machines to fill up the arcade hall! I promise you, even if I had 250 people sign up to bring 2 machines apiece later today, I would FIND space for them ALL!

The show is shaping up REALLY nicely. Also, if you haven't purchased tickets yet or got your hotel room, I'd suggest doing that sooner than later -- both are selling fast, and we're planning on cutting off pre-sale on 3/10 unless we sell out of the allotted amount that we don't want to go above (thanks to the Saturday early open hall time!!) which looks like it *will* happen.

Hope to see you there!

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

northvibe said:

My WW is in "good" shape but with wear on the dive hole. But if that is okay, I'll totally bring it. I think it would be great to have it "break" and learn more about with help from people who know more.
    That would be great! Waterworld is one you don't see too often. I'd for sure put a few games on it! And never, ever worry about some wear holding you back from bringing a game. Most of the machines aren't "collector quality", and there is nothing at all wrong with that. As long as it's working and fairly reliable, it's welcome with open arms. Thanks for considering bringing it!

Sink the Deez! They just took that off location where I used to play it once in awhile. I'll be there, 3rd year straight. Really fun time!

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

gweempose said:Does anyone know if Jpop will be there? I have a CV poster that I'd love for him to sign.
    Talked to John this past weekend. He plans to be at MGC on the Saturday of the show. Mark your calendars!

He's always happy to sign stuff (as most pinball people are). And apparently they'll be showing a prototype of BHZA at the show, so it should be interesting!!

UPDATE: No prototype of BHZA will be there, as erroneously reported in the Madison WI news article. Sorry for the mis-info.

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

UPDATE: No prototype of BHZA will be there, as erroneously reported in the Madison WI news article. Sorry for the mis-info.

It *was* supposed to happen but things changed between the day that interview was done and the next day. The plan is for both Ben and John P. to be at the show, however, and they will be talking about the machine.

I'm STILL working like mad on the speaking line up, and I expect to have it set by this point next week. It's looking AMAZING, and I can't believe how many people are coming this year

#61 12 years ago

Spring break won't be in town. Good luck with the show.

#62 12 years ago

I'll be there as usual all weekend helping with hall set-up. I'm planning on bringing 6 games, but not 100% positive which ones. Bringing a game really adds to the experence! My favorite memories are helping people fix things and the scavenger hunt that sometimes goes on getting a Pin back up & running. 23 Days & counting!!

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

I'll be there as usual all weekend helping with hall set-up.

Well if tullster is going to be there, I better show up. I went last year for the first time. This year I know a lot more people from hosting the Waun-a-pinball Tourney, can't wait to bump into them and see their games. Now if I can get on the V.I.P. list for the after party.....

#64 12 years ago

I wish I could make it but I'll be in Mexico. Have a great time everyone, I went last year and had a blast.

#65 12 years ago

I've gone 3 out of the last 4 years and always have a great time! There is so much to see and do, and meeting people is half the fun. Last year was the first time I decided to bring machines, and am glad I did. The after party makes it all worthwhile. Going to be bringing a few this year as well - possibly a custom 3 monitor virtual cab as one of them (we'll see). The freeplay area is very well monitored and I never felt uncomfortable leaving my machines there. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

#66 12 years ago

Hey Dan,
    Will a tabletop arcade game get you in the pinball afterparty?? I don't know what machines i'll own tomorrow, much less three weeks from now. I have pinball ADD

// Error: Image 20090 not found //

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I don't know what machines i'll own tomorrow, much less three weeks from now. I have pinball ADD

LOL, admission is the first step on the road to recovery.

Dan,
    Do you need me to fill out any forms, or is our previous email good enough? Looks like for sure I am bringing Gladiators, Ticket Tac Toe, and Mario Andretti (I like to bring stuff no one has played before, or not had much time on), and a very possible Strikes and Spares (Bally)....

I won't be at the show at all (maybe for the after party), but I am confident if anything goes south on any of them, someone can turn them off or take a shot at fixing them. I don't anticipate anything going wrong, but they are pinball machines....

#68 12 years ago

someone post up some pics

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classicwhos-going/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.