(Topic ID: 13648)

Midwest Gaming Classic pictures (MGC photos)

By TheKorn

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheKorn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Took a bunch of photos at the MGC with my newly-improved "camera on a stick" rig. If any of you were wondering who the crazy guy was shoving his camera way in the air, that was me.

These pictures show the arcade hall, the vendor hall, and all the spillover (extra games) that couldn't fit into the arcade hall. They DON'T show the two arcade rooms in the basement (each with roughly 20 vids in them), nor do they show anything of the museum wing nor pinball tournament area (how did THAT happen!???!?). They also show the after party on saturday.

Posted them on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's (plug) website, http://www.pinballmafia.net/ :

Set 1:

http://pinballmafia.net/pictures/show_pictures.php?yearmonth=MGC+2012subset1

Set 2:

http://pinballmafia.net/pictures/show_pictures.php?yearmonth=MGC+2012subset2

Also happy to say that the row of machines we brought held up pretty well. Only real problems were TOTAN threw two balls into the back of the cabinet and STTNG somehow managed to throw a pair of balls onto the apron. (Oh, and STTNG's secondary power supply shut down during the after party due to overheating so no sound after hours... Oh well.) The most trouble-free game was my Tee'd Off! Wonders never cease.

Enjoy!

#2 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing these.

#3 12 years ago

Nice pics Korn thanks for sharing. Could have edited out Jessie from Pincades though.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing great pics

#5 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing Korn. It was nice to meet you this weekend. Best Pic. Aaron looking like a dear in the headlights and Jay flipping off the camera. Good Stuff.

#6 12 years ago

I think I do remember someone with a camera on a stick. Great photos, now I know what it would be like if I were 10 feet tall

#8 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing looks like it was a great show.

Curious did D Nordman have a working copy of big juicy melons there?

If so did you get to play it or take a closer look? What did you think?

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Thanks for sharing looks like it was a great show.
    Curious did D Nordman have a working copy of big juicy melons there?
    If so did you get to play it or take a closer look? What did you think?

Yes, could play it. Even better, the model used on the backglass was in attendance on Saturday.

#10 12 years ago

I played BJM a number of times. Definitely plays like an EM, doesn't have a "modern" feel at all. The artwork and colors are the best I have ever seen on any machine, simply outstanding. Game play when compared to other EM's is about an 8 out of 10. Everything works well but IMO there are a couple of things that could be positioned differently. Not a knock on the game in any way and I would love to own one. Dennis said there is a chance of a small production run in the future with a price around $6000. Would be on legs instead of the lower crate and in a different cabinet. It was so cool to get to walk up and play it.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Yes, could play it. Even better, the model used on the backglass was in attendance on Saturday.

Indeed! How did Korn not get a picture of her, but managed to get pictures of us silly fools instead?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Indeed! How did Korn not get a picture of her, but managed to get pictures of us silly fools instead?

How/why? Because I was the photographer for the Big Juicy Melons posters they were selling!

i.e. THIS image https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363517610347704&set=pu.103211373044997&type=1 , in case you missed it. (fb account not required.)

Here's an outtake picture: http://www.thekorn.net/_dsc2272.jpg We decided to scrap all the pictures from that location in favor of the second location's shot. (...among other things!)

#13 12 years ago

thanks there Bad billy27
    at least my head has more hair yours would have screwed up the flash!!!! LOL
    JT

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

at least my head has more hair yours would have screwed up the flash!!!! LOL

Sadly, true. But hey, grass doesn't grow on a busy street now does it. Cool sign in the pics, glad to see you got some extra exposure.

#15 12 years ago

Yeah, the arcade room was great--if you never got a chance to play some of the top games in person it was a good opportunity, and most were in great shape. I'd definitely recommend it to midwest locals for next year!

#16 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing, love the shot of the guy giving you the double bird!

#17 12 years ago

I'm bummed that i didn't meet more of you guys. I was there 13 hours on saturday. My back just stopped hurting this morning, i'm getting too old for that $hit!

thanks for the pics, my ugly mug made it into alot of them.

#18 12 years ago

I see Davewth in one pic. I got a pic of Miss J M!!! She was pretty hot. I am bringing my Shadow and something else next year.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I am bringing my Shadow

to sell to me, right?

#20 12 years ago

I'm the bald guy in the 2nd to the last pic in the Stern pinball shirt. No, I'm not upset, that's just how my eyebrows look.

#21 12 years ago

For those who havent figured it out im standing next to Joe B. in the first few Pics.
    Talk about sore back. everything from simpsons down to big hurt and accross to marvel (blue cabinet) back up to x men i brought( 26 machines) OUCH!!!!
    Pincades
    JT
    Jamaster10

#22 12 years ago

Thanks for bringing so many games >> W O W !!!

It is greatly appreciated!

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

For those who havent figured it out im standing next to Joe B. in the first few Pics.
    Talk about sore back. everything from Simpsons down to Big Hurt and accross to marvel (blue cabinet) back up to x men i brought( 26 machines) OUCH!!!!
    Pincades
    JT
    Jamaster10

Yea...ouch isn't even the right word for it. I'm still not completely recovered...

I'm the guy crawling into CSI in the first couple pics. Of course it would develop a (minor thankfully) issue literally minutes before show open...

Chris

#24 12 years ago

Great pics! these events look like great fun. Can't wait for Pinfest 2012

#25 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing the pics korn, I love the camera on the pole perspective. I couldn't make the mgc this year because I was out of town: at least I could experience it vicariously through your photos.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

Everything from Simpsons down to Big Hurt and across to marvel (blue cabinet) back up to x men I brought (26 machines) OUCH!!!!

Holy crap! That was incredibly magnanimous of you, Jesse.

#27 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing , I have shared the link with the guys at Aussie Pinball Forum

#28 12 years ago

your the man korn

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Took a bunch of photos at the MGC with my newly-improved "camera on a stick" rig.

Korn! Didn't know you were over here too. Nice shots. I missed them on RGP. Did SheKorn have to carry something for the camera because I missed her in all the shots. The camera on a rig does give a great perspective for a pin show. Very cool

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

Thanks for sharing, love the shot of the guy giving you the double bird!

Haha, that's Jay Brand. Northern IL guy throws tournaments at his house every now and again. Also a CPM member, so he's more than familiar with my gear and I, hence the double bird.

Quoted from Shadow:

TheKorn said:Took a bunch of photos at the MGC with my newly-improved "camera on a stick" rig.
    Korn! Didn't know you were over here too. Nice shots. I missed them on RGP. Did SheKorn have to carry something for the camera because I missed her in all the shots. The camera on a rig does give a great perspective for a pin show. Very cool

Nope, the way I have things set up I'm fairly autonomous once I get everything plugged in, screwed in, and etc. SheKorn was up in the hotel room taking a shower for most of the first set, for example. She did help a bunch for the after party shots retrieving and moving the three remote flashes around, though!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-pictures-mgc-photos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.