(Topic ID: 311511)

Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) 2022: April 29-May 1!

By goatdan

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20220501_172333 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220501_172306 (resized).jpg
    A3AAB46A-88D3-4F10-B4C2-6C3B77CB3BD8 (resized).jpeg
    3E8F11ED-A1DA-4738-94D8-6E1C724C2E91 (resized).jpeg
    A7E75453-13E0-4FB2-AFFE-6E7C82A56DA2 (resized).jpeg
    B3B4275A-3D02-4479-8A38-9A8A824969CD (resized).jpeg
    7DE01D39-92B3-4F5F-BE51-E7DCC69B9E90 (resized).jpeg
    20220501_191011 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220430_180201842 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220430_031500397 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220501_210451195 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5712 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5683 (resized).jpg
    76CE560B-5C79-4E61-A993-F1AB95B0D886 (resized).jpeg
    D694AB86-8620-4E7A-A12B-F81224675895 (resized).jpeg

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago

Agreed, thanks for everything. Had a blast with my brother playing Nitro Trucks and finally checking out Rush.

#102 1 year ago

I also wanted to give a shout out to Chris @ Kingpin. He is really a great distributor. If you really looked at the massive volume of stuff he brought to the show this year that room would have been half empty without him, it was astounding to say the least. There were a lot of other distributors that brought a lot of cool stuff also, I want to say thank you to them also.

I got to finally play Valhalla (which was fantastic) and I go to play CCR for the first time ever. The sleeper hit for me was the layout on Halloween/Ultraman, my wife and I LOVED that layout, it was great! Godzilla was amazing as usual, played that a lot on location already and I can really see why everyone wants one. The big change for me was I was swayed a bit back in the other direction on GNR, now my wife and I want one, it's really fun once you give it more of a chance.

I sucked in the Friday tournament, but that was ok, my son beat me, I was near the bottom. There was a little bit for everyone this year, my younger son did the Super Smash Brothers tournament and he had a lot of fun.

I was expecting the line to move slowly on Saturday but it was moving so fast I wasn't even standing still for more then a second and we got in really fast. Great job on the line speed to get it!!!

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Huge thanks to KingPin for bringing so many games. Two full semi trailers. I seriously think his games represented over 50% of the freeplay space.

Well done Chris.

#104 1 year ago

I'm going to pile-on the Kingpin love fest here. I only wish I was able to help Chris more with load-in and load-out but I usually get pulled in so many directions. Chris and his family put so much effort into the show and it is SOOOOO appreciated. I feel pretty bad. Kingpin/Marco/Stern won the best-in-show trophy for vendor booth and Chris' dad for most unique and rare attraction. Unfortunately, I got so busy at the end of the show getting ready for load-out with Aaron, that they got packed or misplaced.

These guys are truly gems in this business and please support them if you're able. I know I do.

Sincerely,
    Keith

#105 1 year ago

Here's a couple pics

IMG_20220501_172306 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_172306 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_172333 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_172333 (resized).jpg
    #106 1 year ago

Congratulations to Dan, volunteers and vendors at MGC last weekend for a great event. Everything about the event went really well. Brought my Police Force and had 351 plays on it. Great load in and out, fun after parties and a huge vendor area. Looking forward the next event and bring back the Harp Twins !!

IMG_8775 (resized).JPGIMG_8775 (resized).JPG
    #107 1 year ago

Any crowded crowd pics? So far I get the impression that attendance was not great.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Any crowded crowd pics? So far I get the impression that attendance was not great.

You can't judge attendance by the photos posted so far. I was there 10-3 on Sunday and there were people standing at nearly every pin. I never had to wait long to flip, so that was a plus. The board/card game rooms did look light to me.

#109 1 year ago

I don't have the numbers but keep in mind the event takes place on three floors of the Wisconsin Center...which is massive. I don't think any of our machines had a break on Friday or Saturday. Sunday was a bit slower.

#110 1 year ago

Many of these pics are from before the show opened. Was the best attendance the show has had so far this year.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Was the best attendance the show has had so far this year.

Hmmm. Best attendance the show has had this year??? and how many shows have there been this year. JK

It seems like more because the last one wasn’t that long ago.

Dan said it was the best year ever!

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

Hmmm. Best attendance the show has had this year??? and how many shows have there been this year. JK
    It seems like more because the last one wasn’t that long ago.

Yeah yeah, my phrasing was terrible.

#113 1 year ago

NP. We knew what you meant.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

Well, that's good to hear.

#115 1 year ago

Its a massive space with multiple rooms and floors, even with a lot of people it does not look crowded. Not like the old hotel.

#116 1 year ago

It didn't look crowded because people stayed home and went online to ask how the attendance was.

1 week later
    #117 1 year ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

It didn't look crowded because people stayed home and went online to ask how the attendance was.

I had my reasons for not going. But, sounds like you're saying it wasn't crowded? I am but one person, I don’t remember anyone else asking about it, would I have made that big a difference? Not a very well thought out burn there, Russ!

#118 1 year ago

It was busy, but more spread out. They used bigger rooms so say a 10% increase looks smaller in a room 25% bigger.

#119 1 year ago

I had my reasons for not going. But, sounds like you're saying it wasn't crowded? I am but one person, I don’t remember anyone else asking about it, would I have made that big a difference? Not a very well thought out burn there, Russ!

It wasn't a burn. Just teasing you a little. I think the big difference was the vendor hall was on the first floor and that essentially cut the crowd in half on the 3rd floor. They are claiming ticket sales were good. I hope that is the case and I hope you make it next year. Carry on.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

It wasn't a burn. Just teasing you a little. I think the big difference was the vendor hall was on the first floor and that essentially cut the crowd in half on the 3rd floor. They are claiming ticket sales were good. I hope that is the case and I hope you make it next year. Carry on.

I walked downstairs a few times throughout the weekend and it was totally slammed down there every time. Ticketing was on the first floor this year too and I wondered many times how many people thought the first floor was the whole show not even thinking to go to the 2nd and 3rd floor. Having the show organized vertically definitely changed the flow of the show.

Jaz

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-2022-april-29-may-1/page/3?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.