(Topic ID: 311511)

Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) 2022: April 29-May 1!

By goatdan

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20220501_172333 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220501_172306 (resized).jpg
    A3AAB46A-88D3-4F10-B4C2-6C3B77CB3BD8 (resized).jpeg
    3E8F11ED-A1DA-4738-94D8-6E1C724C2E91 (resized).jpeg
    A7E75453-13E0-4FB2-AFFE-6E7C82A56DA2 (resized).jpeg
    B3B4275A-3D02-4479-8A38-9A8A824969CD (resized).jpeg
    7DE01D39-92B3-4F5F-BE51-E7DCC69B9E90 (resized).jpeg
    20220501_191011 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220430_180201842 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220430_031500397 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220501_210451195 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5712 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5683 (resized).jpg
    76CE560B-5C79-4E61-A993-F1AB95B0D886 (resized).jpeg
    D694AB86-8620-4E7A-A12B-F81224675895 (resized).jpeg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago

The current stock of Stern Pinball accessories. I will be bringing most of this with me, but if you wish to reserve something now let me know. We will also have a line of shirts, hoodies, baseball hats, winter hats, koozies, and more.

I believe Tilt will have accessories too (possibly some things i don't have in stock even).

Toppers

Stranger things
    Tmnt
    Avengers

Shooter rods

Godzilla
    Maiden
    Tmnt
    Deadpool
    Stranger things
    Star wars
    Guardians
    Avengers

Art blades

Godzilla
    Elvira
    Mando
    Jurassic
    Munsters
    Stranger things
    Tmnt
    Deadpool
    Guardians
    Batman 66
    Maiden

Others

Spike 2 headphone
    Spike 1 headphone
    Shakers
    Deadpool pop bumper
    [email protected]

#52 2 years ago

Not sure if we are doing the "what am I bringing" thing here or not, but I plan to bring my Iron Maiden pro, and it will be for sale.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

Which hotel do you guys recommend?

Iron horse if you can get it and don’t mind the price. Best in mke.

#54 2 years ago

Is stern bringing any games?

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kaijumke:

I’d be pretty shocked if the usual large Marco booth with stern games isn’t part of the show.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I’d be pretty shocked if the usual large Marco booth with stern games isn’t part of the show.

Pretty sure it won't be as colossal as usual given Stern's production issues... But I guess we'll see...

#57 2 years ago

Will Rob Anthony be doing circuit board repair this year? Asking for a friend?

#58 2 years ago

Seeing a few historical photos being posted, does anyone have photos of MGC from the pre-Sheraton era? (Olympia Resort and Spa in Oconomowoc for a few years, and one other location prior to that if I recall correctly). The few pictures I have are only in my head and they get more and more faded each year...

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kaijumke:

Yes, as the local dealer working with Marco we will have 29 games

(5) rush pro
    (5) rush premium
    (4) godzilla pro (2 left)
    (4) godzilla premium (sold out)
    (3) Mando pro
    (3) Mando premium
    (3) avengers pro (2 left)
    (2) avengers premium (1 left)

Pro - 6899
    Premium - 8999

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Is there a selling and buying thread for MGC yet?

Just started one

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

And all the circular stickers on the carpet leading you around.

We still have like 5000 of those!

Quoted from tullster:

Here's a few from 2016, when we ran out of room during set-up on Friday night. I remember waking up in a panic about 4am wondering WTF I had gotten myself into, but we made them fit somehow Saturday morning!

Hah, I remember that year as that is also the year the fire department came - after I had told them what we were doing for many years - and they toured everything and walked away super impressed while I had a wacko follow me around posting on Facebook on all our threads that they were there to shut down the show and they hated it. They did not.

Tully - do you remember when I asked you what happened if there was a fire and you showed that guy how to shut down the grid? He kept saying to me, "That's incredible that they know how to do that!"

Also, I think this photo was more like 2014 as we had the tent in 2016, and that room was the arcade pre-tent. I'm CERTAIN of that, because 2016 was an absolute disaster, and then my wife informed me we were pregnant with our second kid while we were looking out the hotel room at the tent, and it kinda became my favorite show for that memory

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh that's not a joke. There was at least one pin in one bathroom that year. LOL

Confirmed. That was a joke in I think 2015, and then it totally happened in 2016. I also understand the nostalgia for the Sheraton years, and I do in some ways miss it, but like... I remember when we were the first show to get Ghostbusters and we were like sweet! We can take TWO! Don't send more! I'm glad we're not doing *that* any more.

That, and in 2018 the show became fiscally impossible to run at the Sheraton due to changes we were asked to do.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Will Rob Anthony be doing circuit board repair this year? Asking for a friend?

Yes he will be!

Quoted from yendor0:

Seeing a few historical photos being posted, does anyone have photos of MGC from the pre-Sheraton era? (Olympia Resort and Spa in Oconomowoc for a few years, and one other location prior to that if I recall correctly). The few pictures I have are only in my head and they get more and more faded each year...

I'll try to dig up some photos sometime (PM me in like a month and I will have time!) but... these aren't overview photos, but it is some interesting stuff from a person who has documented more of the video game side of the show for ages:

https://huguesjohnson.com/features/mgc2006/

And here's a terribly shot but sort of fun video from the 2009 show which was the last year at the Olympia:

If you want to feel really old, the Olympia went out of business and auctioned off all their stuff a few years ago. I believe the hall was bought by a church so you can still get into it, but the hotel looks like it is out of the Shining from having looked through the windows at it.

#65 2 years ago

Current in-stock accessories are available for purchase at (or before) MGC

Toppers

Stranger things
    Tmnt
    Avengers
    Guns n Roses

Shooter

Godzilla
    Maiden
    Tmnt
    Deadpool
    Stranger things
    Star wars
    Guardians
    Avengers

Art blades

Godzilla
    Elvira
    Mando
    Jurassic
    Munsters
    Stranger things
    Tmnt
    Deadpool
    Guardians
    Batman 66
    Maiden
    Guns n Roses

Others

Spike 2 headphone
    Spike 1 headphone
    Shakers
    Deadpool pop bumper
    Guns n Roses Blanket
    Guns n Roses Banner

#66 1 year ago

Anyone going to MGC that collects Shadowfist or Clout Fantasy (chip throwing game)? PM me, trying to complete some sets…

#67 1 year ago

Anyone going to MGC that collects POGS?

#68 1 year ago

Are there any vendors selling "generic" shooter rods? I am just looking for the metallic ball style, maybe silver and another color. I need some for Stern SAM and WPC89 (not sure if they are different?)

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are there any vendors selling "generic" shooter rods? I am just looking for the metallic ball style, maybe silver and another color. I need some for Stern SAM and WPC89 (not sure if they are different?)

i have brand new ones removed from new stern games where the customers asked for game specific shooter rods. This is the entire assembly (shooter rod, rod spring, mounting assembly, return spring, shooter tip).

$25

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i have brand new ones removed from new stern games where the customers asked for game specific shooter rods. This is the entire assembly (shooter rod, rod spring, mounting assembly, return spring, shooter tip).
    $25

I would be interested only if they had a metallic ball for the knob. There is nothing wrong with my shooter knobs other than I like the feel of a ball more than the stock black handle.

#71 1 year ago

Only one week away, I'm getting pretty excited for the show. Looking forward to playing some pinball and checking out vendor wares. And, no snow in the forecast!

#72 1 year ago

Stupid question, will Rob Anthony be doing any board repairs this year? I have a couple WPC boards that are driving me nuts.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead86:

Stupid question, will Rob Anthony be doing any board repairs this year?

I only hope he continues to stock high voltage EOS switches for when one of mine inevitably fails!
    (Joking... hopefully. A few months of location testing and I think my flipper problems are solved.)

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead86:

Stupid question, will Rob Anthony be doing any board repairs this year? I have a couple WPC boards that are driving me nuts.

He'll be at the show, and doing repairs for show games in the hall - I don't know if he's bringing his whole test rig for more in-depth board work, but I would assume you could drop boards off to be fixed and sent back later.

#75 1 year ago

In the past, I've only attended MGC on Saturday. This year, I might only be able to make it on Friday. It looks like Friday is more limited as far as things to do but I can't find a lot of details. Is Friday still worth the trip? Asking for a comparison from anyone that's been to Friday and Saturday.

#76 1 year ago

Since the vendor area is closed on Friday night, does that mean the lin up of new Stern's won't be available for play at the Marco/Kingpin booths?

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Since the vendor area is closed on Friday night, does that mean the lin up of new Stern's won't be available for play at the Marco/Kingpin booths?

Marco and Kingpin are usually setup in the arcade hall so not considered the vendor area.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

In the past, I've only attended MGC on Saturday. This year, I might only be able to make it on Friday. It looks like Friday is more limited as far as things to do but I can't find a lot of details. Is Friday still worth the trip? Asking for a comparison from anyone that's been to Friday and Saturday.

If you don't care about the standard vendor hall, panels, or the main stage acts, Friday is the best day to go. The majority of the games are available and on, including all of the Stern, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Jersey Jack, Raw Thrills, Spooky Pinball, Skee Ball, and LAI Games games. The Gaming museum is open, there are Magic tournaments included, and so on. We generally limit Friday night to 20% of our anticipated weekend attendance, so it's by far the lightest day and the easiest day to play the games, unless you bring a game and then get into that after party.

Speaking of which, whomever decided a few years ago to start the rumor we give out after party tickets for the machine hall, that's not true and remains not true. You can buy tickets to the Official After Party, which is full of games and fun too as well as musical performances and a bunch of our special guests, but it is NOT the Game Center after party. If you want to get into that, you either need to...

1) Bring a game and set it up for free play.
    2) Buy a game on the show floor, ask for and receive the pass from the seller.
    3) Run the Gaming Museum, where you generally bring a ton of consoles and set up and stay at that area whenever the show is open.
    4) Volunteer for the vast majority of the show.
    5) Be an industry professional that is doing something specific at the show, or who works directly for one of the companies demoing at the show.

Due to this, during the After Party, the number of games vastly outnumber the number of people.

Full disclosure, I have granted ONE additional After Party pass this year for a 10 year old kid who is coming with a family that can only fit two games this year, but have brought more than they got tickets for in the past.

Oh, and if you are bringing a game but want to also go to the Official After Party, which is held in the hallway just outside the show floor, if you bring a game we're also going to grant you access to that, where you can play in the Pinball Funhouse we're creating with Marco Specialties where you can win tickets to Six Flags, listen to Scott Danesi's techno skillz, or participate in anything else we do out there too.

So, if you're a Game Bringer you get:

- Access to the Game Center on Friday night. You do not get to play in the tournaments without a ticket due to their costs.
    - A Saturday and Sunday ticket.
    - Access to the truly capacity limited After Party
    - A drink coupon for the After Party
    - Access to the Official After Party

Should be one hell of a time! Lots of stuff coming together still!

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If you don't care about the standard vendor hall, panels, or the main stage acts, Friday is the best day to go. The majority of the games are available and on, including all of the Stern, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Jersey Jack, Raw Thrills, Spooky Pinball, Skee Ball, and LAI Games games. The Gaming museum is open, there are Magic tournaments included, and so on. We generally limit Friday night to 20% of our anticipated weekend attendance, so it's by far the lightest day and the easiest day to play the games, unless you bring a game and then get into that after party.
    Speaking of which, whomever decided a few years ago to start the rumor we give out after party tickets for the machine hall, that's not true and remains not true. You can buy tickets to the Official After Party, which is full of games and fun too as well as musical performances and a bunch of our special guests, but it is NOT the Game Center after party. If you want to get into that, you either need to...
    1) Bring a game and set it up for free play.
    2) Buy a game on the show floor, ask for and receive the pass from the seller.
    3) Run the Gaming Museum, where you generally bring a ton of consoles and set up and stay at that area whenever the show is open.
    4) Volunteer for the vast majority of the show.
    5) Be an industry professional that is doing something specific at the show, or who works directly for one of the companies demoing at the show.
    Due to this, during the After Party, the number of games vastly outnumber the number of people.
    Full disclosure, I have granted ONE additional After Party pass this year for a 10 year old kid who is coming with a family that can only fit two games this year, but have brought more than they got tickets for in the past.
    Oh, and if you are bringing a game but want to also go to the Official After Party, which is held in the hallway just outside the show floor, if you bring a game we're also going to grant you access to that, where you can play in the Pinball Funhouse we're creating with Marco Specialties where you can win tickets to Six Flags, listen to Scott Danesi's techno skillz, or participate in anything else we do out there too.
    So, if you're a Game Bringer you get:
    - Access to the Game Center on Friday night. You do not get to play in the tournaments without a ticket due to their costs.
    - A Saturday and Sunday ticket.
    - Access to the truly capacity limited After Party
    - A drink coupon for the After Party
    - Access to the Official After Party
    Should be one hell of a time! Lots of stuff coming together still!

Thanks for all the info.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Very excited to hear there'll be an R&M this time around. Game's been out for two years and I still have yet to have an opportunity to play one.

I know it's a long way but if you ever find yourself in central WI we have one out for public play in Stevens Point.

#81 1 year ago

Just got back and unloaded from Pinball at the zoo, now its time to start loading up for MGC. Besides the great set up that Kingpin Games will have with a ton of Sterns, I am bringing 6 or so Stern games to have in the Tilt booth for you to enjoy. I am trying to decide for sure what i will have, I know that i already have a mando pro, Jurassic Park Home pin, and Godzilla Premium broke down and ready to bring. The others will be either mando premium, rush pro, rush premium and godzilla pro

All games will be for sale except for the Godzilla premium, as it is my personal game and i dont have another available for awhile to replace it. so only way to get that is to entice me with a trade that id want for my personal collection

We will also have stern accessories available

Inner art
    toppers
    side armor
    shooter rods

#82 1 year ago

Sad news for me, I’m out this year. Just don’t have the funds to make the trip.

Argh! This sucks.

#83 1 year ago

Is there an age where entry is free?

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

Is there an age where entry is free?

9 and under are free

#85 1 year ago
    2BEFC906-53D6-49CC-9FB8-E3AA23FD9110 (resized).jpeg2BEFC906-53D6-49CC-9FB8-E3AA23FD9110 (resized).jpeg6B7424DD-F50A-4AA6-99BE-746B54287DBC (resized).jpeg6B7424DD-F50A-4AA6-99BE-746B54287DBC (resized).jpeg76CE560B-5C79-4E61-A993-F1AB95B0D886 (resized).jpeg76CE560B-5C79-4E61-A993-F1AB95B0D886 (resized).jpegD694AB86-8620-4E7A-A12B-F81224675895 (resized).jpegD694AB86-8620-4E7A-A12B-F81224675895 (resized).jpeg
    #86 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So did anybody go to MGC?

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So did anybody go to MGC?

If you hide and sneak back in, you have the place to yourself.

#88 1 year ago

I see Doug's Trilogy pin in that first pic. with a few other home brew's I haven't heard of before.

#89 1 year ago

A couple of MGC '22 highlights for me: 1977 AMC Pacer built in Kenosha, WI and the Metal Harp Twins which are three words I've never seen together.
    Pinball-wise I played Halloween and Ultraman for the first time and had the most fun with Cactus Canyon.

IMG_5683 (resized).jpgIMG_5683 (resized).jpgIMG_5712 (resized).jpgIMG_5712 (resized).jpg
    #90 1 year ago

Here's 2 videos from MGC 2022
    Jeremy - Pinball Mayhem

#91 1 year ago

I just wanted to comment that the load-out for people bringing games was super smooth this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteers to help make this show possible.

#92 1 year ago

Great times! We had our full crew for the first time in 4 or more years, so that alone was great.
    Thanks to all the game bringers volunteers!

Anyone know the dates for 2023, or when they might be settled?

#93 1 year ago

Thanks to all that put this on! You made my little guy's weekend.

He's already planning which games we bring next year.

PXL_20220430_031500397 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_031500397 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_180201842 (resized).jpgPXL_20220430_180201842 (resized).jpgPXL_20220501_210451195 (resized).jpgPXL_20220501_210451195 (resized).jpg
    #94 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I just wanted to comment that the load-out for people bringing games was super smooth this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteers to help make this show possible.

Whew, thanks for that. It's organized chaos for a while, as everyone wants to leave at the exact same time, which just isn't possible. But, we're getting the hang of it I think, and learning every year. THANK YOU for bringing a game(s). It's a huge help to the effort we're trying to put in.

#95 1 year ago

Good time had by all I hope.

20220501_191011 (resized).jpg20220501_191011 (resized).jpg
    #96 1 year ago

Huge thanks to KingPin for bringing so many games. Two full semi trailers. I seriously think his games represented over 50% of the freeplay space.

#97 1 year ago

Yes kingpin has earned our respect and business, thanks kingpin we appreciate your time and effort! Wife said maybe if he would take our arcade machines in trade we could get a gnr…..lol

#98 1 year ago

It was great being back to the MGC. My buddy and I attended and played the shit outta Godzilla. Man do I wish I had the Schmeckles for a premium! Awesome game.

The free play area was a bit lacking but it didn’t take away from the show. It will be better I’m sure next year as we get back to normal.

Great time, although I did drink too much wild bill juice!

#99 1 year ago

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot to us. As a small family business, we do our best to serve our local community and help keep things going. As any show-going dealer/distributor will tell you, these things are a TON of work. Anyone can sit behind a computer screen and sell games (especially right now), but it takes years of work to get to a place where you put on a display as we did.

This was not something that we did alone though. Marco / Stern was huge in their efforts. The spooky team was there all weekend and even helped us with the teardown and loading. Chicago gaming brought their machines set them up and manned their booth the entire weekend. American pinball had a crew of at least 5 people and 11 games that I saw. JJP was kind enough to drop off and set up 3 of their latest machines.

It has to also be said that without commercial customers out there to buy the large Raw Thrills games before the show starts, we wouldn't have been able to bring 8 Nitro Trucks, 3 Buck Hunters, and a massive Bust a Move Frenzy for everyone to enjoy.

Lastly, we at kingpin can't thank the MGC staff and volunteers enough. They work tirelessly to make sure the event was ready. They helped us bring machines in, assemble some of the larger Raw Thrills games, and made sure we had sufficient power to everything all weekend. Thank you MGC Staff and Volunteers from everyone here at KingPin.

I hope everyone had a great time and we will see what next year brings!

#100 1 year ago

No offense intended to any of the awesome distributors, vendors, manufacturers, or collectors who brought machines to play, but Kingpin is (and has been for years now) the true MVP of MGC. It is unbelievable the amount of work, blood, sweat, and love Christopher and his family put into this show. Thank you Kingpin!

3E8F11ED-A1DA-4738-94D8-6E1C724C2E91 (resized).jpeg3E8F11ED-A1DA-4738-94D8-6E1C724C2E91 (resized).jpeg7DE01D39-92B3-4F5F-BE51-E7DCC69B9E90 (resized).jpeg7DE01D39-92B3-4F5F-BE51-E7DCC69B9E90 (resized).jpegA3AAB46A-88D3-4F10-B4C2-6C3B77CB3BD8 (resized).jpegA3AAB46A-88D3-4F10-B4C2-6C3B77CB3BD8 (resized).jpegA7E75453-13E0-4FB2-AFFE-6E7C82A56DA2 (resized).jpegA7E75453-13E0-4FB2-AFFE-6E7C82A56DA2 (resized).jpegB3B4275A-3D02-4479-8A38-9A8A824969CD (resized).jpegB3B4275A-3D02-4479-8A38-9A8A824969CD (resized).jpeg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-2022-april-29-may-1/page/2?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.