(Topic ID: 269179)

Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) 2021: November 5-7

By balt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you be attending MGC 2021?”

• Heck yeah! 21 votes
      64%
    • Tragically no. 8 votes
      24%
    • Pizza 4 votes
      12%

(33 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211023_125022 (resized).jpg
    20211023_125151 (resized).jpg
    20211023_125034 (resized).jpg
    20211023_124955 (resized).jpg
    20211023_124948 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Info from goatdan as of 11/19/20:

On MGC 2021...

...we believe we have dates for the 2021 Midwest Gaming Classic - November 5-7!

1) This date was worked out because the public health officials we've spoken with believe we will be well in the clear after vaccination happens. If that changes, we'll obviously be working directly with them to figure out changes.

2) November is not expected to be the permanent home of the show, and we anticipate moving back to late April / early May in 2022, but we didn't want to go another whole year without the show. This will put them about 6 months apart.

#2 3 years ago

Hey, maybe no snow!!!

#3 3 years ago

I'm in. Probably will be an attendee as opposed to vendor going forward, but I'll be there.

-Hans

#4 3 years ago

Hope to be there as well.!

5 months later
    #5 3 years ago

Join the MGC mailing list for the most up to date info:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/subscribe-to-mailing-list/

4 months later
    #6 2 years ago

Seven months out, is anyone getting excited yet?

I am debating whether I should do a booth. I have hundreds of retro handheld games from the late 70s on which I could easily fill a booth with.

However, I don't really want to be tied down to it all weekend. If I knew whether there was interest it would help me decide. It'd really suck if I went to all the trouble and had to sit there the whole time if nobody wanted any! Guess I could bring a bunch of board games and video games too, just in case. I have plenty of those as well!

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If I knew whether there was interest it would help me decide.

Count me interested! Also excited! I discussed the show today with a friend. Can't wait

#8 2 years ago

Looking forward to this one, first time I’ll be able to do stuff since I’ll be attending but not vending. I’ve never caught a single presentation or other event, was always stuck behind the table.

Already know I’ll be bringing a game or two and will be wanting to bring home different games.

#9 2 years ago

Just do it. I’ve had tables many years. It’s been fun and u get some $ to boot. A lot of the vid game stuff sells well. Also odd ball stuff. You just never know what those gamers and their kids want.
    It’s not so bad if you can split time in the booth with a friend that is selling stuff too.
    It’s my wife’s bday about then so not sure of out plans but if it works out I’ll probs bring some stuff to.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Seven months out, is anyone getting excited yet?
    I am debating whether I should do a booth. I have hundreds of retro handheld games from the late 70s on which I could easily fill a booth with.
    However, I don't really want to be tied down to it all weekend. If I knew whether there was interest it would help me decide. It'd really suck if I went to all the trouble and had to sit there the whole time if nobody wanted any! Guess I could bring a bunch of board games and video games too, just in case. I have plenty of those as well!

5 months later
    #10 2 years ago

Not seeing much discussion on MGC... everything still on target for the show?

Also, is there a buy/sell/trade topic for the show?

#11 2 years ago

Yes MGC is still on. Kingpin posted some show special pricing for the show in the WI/MN thread. Sounds like an auction will be had as well.

1 week later
    #12 2 years ago

Got my room booked well in advance. It'll be good to be back!

4 weeks later
    #13 2 years ago

Trying to tread lightly here as I respect everyone's rights. Are there any covid related requirements? Hoping to make it Saturday.

#14 2 years ago

Pretty much everything you need to know is on the website

www.midwestgamingclassic.com

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:

Trying to tread lightly here as I respect everyone's rights. Are there any covid related requirements? Hoping to make it Saturday.

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/covid-19/

#16 2 years ago

Totally missed that thanks everyone

#17 2 years ago

I’ve got a brand new Aerosmith lower cabinet for sale. I realize that I will not be getting to the project that I had planned this cabinet for. No side rails. Speaker, ball shooter, and generic wiring are in cabinet from when I got it. There are a couple screw ‘poke thru’ from inside screws. One is from tilt mech. Other is towards the back right. Can’t really see them but running fingers over cabinet you can feel them. I’ve got pics.
    I’m in the southern burbs of Milwaukee.
    Delivery to MGC is possible.
    Asking $500.

#18 2 years ago

I could come on Saturday. Does anyone have anything to trade for a low play, lightly modded Star Wars pro? Shoot me an offer

#20 2 years ago

I have this thing. $50 bucks

20211023_124948 (resized).jpg20211023_124948 (resized).jpg20211023_124955 (resized).jpg20211023_124955 (resized).jpg20211023_125034 (resized).jpg20211023_125034 (resized).jpg
    #21 2 years ago
    20211023_125022 (resized).jpg20211023_125022 (resized).jpg20211023_125151 (resized).jpg20211023_125151 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-2021- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.