(Topic ID: 247982)

Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) 2020: CANCELED!

By balt

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Yokimato
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    IMG_20200328_173624 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_145932__01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_145804__01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_155455 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_175817 (resized).jpg
    gray-duck-hoodie (resized).png
    2020-event-shirt-300x300 (resized).png
    mgc-poster (resized).jpg
    2020-event-shirt-300x300 (resized).png
    678BA6AB-32FD-450A-A955-73CF338ACB88 (resized).jpeg
    35C6AEA1-80B1-4E15-B180-BC3413D654BB (resized).jpeg
    mgc-shirt (resized).jpg
    mgc-design-two (resized).jpg
    mgc-design-one (resized).jpg
    2020-event-shirt (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yokimato.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I've got a bunch of updates today about refunds, MGC 2021, and merchandise! I again apologize for the longer update here, but things often move together, and we want to keep you up to date with the information we have.
    On Refunds...
    Since our last communication, two major things just happened - we were approved for a small loan, and we have worked through the contract process with a number of groups, which had been holding up the fund recovery process.
    Fund recovery does still take time, so agreements that we are preparing to sign will not mean we instantly have the money back, but we now have a rough idea of when it will come. Because of this, starting to refund claims based on the date ticket were ordered, starting with the oldest orders first.
    We do not know when this process will finish, but are working as quickly as possible. We are going to continue to hold some funds for expedited refunds for anyone who finds themselves in need of money sooner than later. As always, please contact us via the email form on our web site if you need an expedited refund so we can take care of it for you.
    Finally, as before, if you have not done your ticket claim and intend to receive a refund, please do so. Instructions can be found at the MGC Web site under the "Show has been canceled" link at the top of every page.
    On MGC 2021...
    As part of the above, we believe we have dates for the 2021 Midwest Gaming Classic - April 30 to May 2!
    This is far earlier in the process than we would usually announce the dates - in fact, we are still working on a couple small contractual issues, so it isn't yet "official" - but we thought it was only fair to tell you now as so many people are holding their tickets for next year already.
    At this point, we do NOT have hotel rooms pricing and availability, nor are we putting tickets on sale yet. We will make a more official announcement about the dates in the future, but we wanted you to know as soon as we could.
    On Merchandise...
    We are looking to produce and ship merchandise as well as VIG swag bags in the next few weeks and will keep people apprised of the situation as best we can.
    The GOAT Store - the retro video game store that we also run - continues to ship items on a regular basis.
    Again, if you have the means to support us either through merchandise purchase or retro game purchase through the GOAT Store, we would really appreciate it.
    While we have been and continue to be certain we are able to refund money to anyone who asked, I cannot pretend that this situation isn't very trying for us as a company as the vast majority of our revenue is tied to the Midwest Gaming Classic.
    Your support has allowed us to be able to expedite refunds for everyone who needed one immediately, and we are extremely grateful for that.
    What's Next...
    I'm hoping to have a bit more time again to post some fun stuff on social media again. Beyond that, we'll be putting the merchandise into production officially soon, and I'll be working to nail down contracts for next year as quickly as I can, while also recovering all of the money due for refunds.
    As always, thank you so much for your support!

That’s great news; I was beyond excited to catch this years show, so I’ll keep that bottled up for ‘21. Thanks for everything you’re doing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yokimato.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-2020-april-3-5?tu=Yokimato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.