(Topic ID: 247982)

Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) 2020: CANCELED!

By balt

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Yokimato
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    IMG_20200328_173624 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_145932__01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_145804__01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_155455 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200328_175817 (resized).jpg
    gray-duck-hoodie (resized).png
    2020-event-shirt-300x300 (resized).png
    mgc-poster (resized).jpg
    2020-event-shirt-300x300 (resized).png
    678BA6AB-32FD-450A-A955-73CF338ACB88 (resized).jpeg
    35C6AEA1-80B1-4E15-B180-BC3413D654BB (resized).jpeg
    mgc-shirt (resized).jpg
    mgc-design-two (resized).jpg
    mgc-design-one (resized).jpg
    2020-event-shirt (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CKrueger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

please dont generalize MGC with other shows.
    The vast majority of stuff will be there until the show closes (assuming it is like the past 2 years)

100% worth going on Sunday. Pre-buy your tickets to save time. Go early to get in line before doors open.
    have a blast!

NIB show deals stay through EOD Sunday, and if you're selling a game you should be making "stays powered on" part of the terms of sale. Last time I sold a game the guy wanted to take it right away on Saturday.

3 weeks later
    #113 4 years ago

I'm glad the cancellation got handled in the best way possible for MGC. I have one question remaining: What's the best things I can do as an attendee and game-bringer to help MGC out while they pick up the pieces and regroup for next year?

I presume I can let them keep the ticket and let them off the hook. I assume that also applies for Tom Taylor's event? I'm cool with that. If I needed the cash I spent on the show that badly, I wouldn't have went in the first place.

Also, my email from MGC mentioned we might be able to buy show t-shirts. I'm ready to do that as soon as MGC is ready. I'll take as much stuff as I can; I'll figure it's like those crazy "Super Bowl Winning Buffalo Bills" shirts that get shipped off to charities, and I'll be the coolest kid at league with my "MGC 2020" shirt.

As much as we're all bummed that we don't get to go to the show, please spare a thought for MGC's organizers, and cut them slack as they figure out what to do. This is a bummer weekend for us. It's a bummer YEAR for them.

#130 4 years ago

I sympathize with the tough position MGC was in. I'm sure you guys were beyond biting your nails at how the cancellation was going to go through.

I don't need a refund for my ticket, and I don't need a refund for Tom Taylor's event (my first year going--I was excited to make it!). I DO want to buy some swag, and I DO want to see you all next year. I'll sit and wait to see how everything shakes out, and I expect I'll have some cool shirts to wear to league nights.

I hope the wind-down from MGC 2020 goes smoothly, and that the MGC 2021 afterparty will be even more all the more crazy for the long wait!

Thanks Dan and Gary and crew for all that you do to make MGC happen, and we'll see you in 2021!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CKrueger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-2020-april-3-5?tu=CKrueger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.