6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by animesuperj
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191027-095925_Maps (resized).jpg
    20190724_075613 (resized).jpg
    20190724_091115 (resized).jpg
    MGC (resized).jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 months ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I just looked at the Google Maps street level view for the Hilton parking garage. Looks like 7'0". You could check the other local hotels if you don't want to stay at the Hilton. That was just the first one I checked.[quoted image]

Fantastic! Thanks.

1 month later
    #52 66 days ago

Bumping this thread. Just announced Alice Cooper will be playing right across the street from MGC the same weekend at the Miller high life theather. The show is sat April 4th!

#53 66 days ago

Well that's going to make parking and hotels more annoying.

#54 66 days ago

Looking forward to MGC 2020!

#55 65 days ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Bumping this thread. Just announced Alice Cooper will be playing right across the street from MGC the same weekend at the Miller high life theather. The show is sat April 4th!

Yeah, within 45 minutes of hearing this we were talking with the venue and different people about potential cross over

Quoted from HHaase:

Well that's going to make parking and hotels more annoying.

It really shouldn't. Parking changes timing later in the day, so unless you're showing up around 5pm for MGC, it shouldn't be much of a change. Hotels we have booked more than 1000 rooms at our rates already, which are better than you can otherwise get, so unless we manage to fill all of those it won't affect hotels in any way. Beyond that, there are regularly concerts and events downtown, and there is enough hotel space to manage everyone.

Had a big week with what felt like a dam bursting in a good way where everything is moving so much faster and better now. Expecting significant updates in the next few weeks

#56 65 days ago

im thinking of taking friday off too. usually i just bring a game after work because i live so close

For both you and trilogy, I would absolutely LOVE it if you would help if that hasn't been mentioned before. We've been looking for a few extra hands, and would love to have you guys on board!!

#57 65 days ago

Sorry for writing three in a row, I'm all over the place right now! I know I'm late to this response, but...

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

OK. Took last year off (Had to - didn't want to.) after going the prior three years. About time to order tickets for 2020.
    Looking at the site it looks to be more or less the same as before. If you're into pinball only:
    -Bring a machine.
    -Buy a ticket to Tom Taylor's.
    -Buy a ticket to the Friday night VIG session. (Called Friday Preview now?)
    -Machine good for Sat/Sun show tickets.
    -Machine good for entry into Saturday night afterparty.
    -Machine no good for Sunday hangover.
    This seem like a good plan of attack / not going to miss things?

Yup, correct on all accounts!

VIG was a Friday thing specifically and that name confused the heck out of people, and it was nearly impossible to explain to them what it was without spending a bunch of time. We renamed it "preview night" because on the news, for instance, it's a lot easier for me to say, "Our preview night tonight is sold out, but doors open at 10am tomorrow!" without having to explain what the heck a VIG is and how no, tomorrow we won't sell out.

A lot of people really enjoyed the VIG name and some of the goodies - which we also took away from the Friday night package to hold the price at the same level that it traditionally was - so we decided to roll it into a special, "do all the things" package. VIG gets you full weekend passes, a bunch of swag, and a ticket to the not-arcade after party next door. That party was made to target those people who had complained we close to early on Saturday night for people from out of town, and while they have a point we didn't want to be like, okay, let's make the arcade hall run to 11pm to satisfy those people. The other shows we know of that open their halls afterward do not have as popular of after parties for their game bringers, and we want to keep that.

So the off site one features music, various industry professionals doing stuff outside their regular zone (like the voice of NBA Jam, Tim Kitzrow, live calling people playing basketball, or Ted DiBiase giving you your drink ticket to "buy" you the first drink), but it's a completely different experience than the arcade after party. It costs us a bunch to put on, and we're very capacity limited there, so we can't let game bringers in without buying a ticket - but we absolutely do not and will not let VIG ticket holders into the arcade after party on Saturday. If you are someone that want's to "party hop", we can figure out a discount on the VIG ticket, which would be around $115 if it includes bringing a machine.

By the way, attendance caps are that on Friday night, we allow in about 10% of the attendance that we host on Saturday, although more halls are open on Saturday so it might feel like 20%. Still very low. Saturday night's after party does include the people who spend all year planning and setting up the museum, so including them tickets are limited to about half of what Friday night is, if that. And, as many can attest, if you stay for a few hours a lot of people start leaving by 10pm-11pm ish.

Hope that all helps. If you are someone thinking about going to Tom's, you should get tickets sooner than later as those do sell out. Last year they sold out in February which was really late. Every other year has been December. Tickets at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/

1 week later
    #58 58 days ago

Have we had any word yet on discounted show games through vendors? (Marco / Kingpin)

#59 57 days ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have we had any word yet on discounted show games through vendors? (Marco / Kingpin)

I am working with Kingpin again this year. We hope to win best vendor again!! We will be announcing specials a little later, you are welcome to contact me now if you like. As of right now we will be again doing Chicago Gaming, JJP, American Pinball (we should have game 3 in our booth) and im sure we will have some Spooky games, although no spooky games will be available for sale that I know of

#60 56 days ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes, I am sure we will have something available. Generally, the "new" games are not available for a discount as we don't have extras to sell. here is a general plan (but not for sure)

JJP

Wonka
    Dialed in
    Woz YBR

Spooky

Alice Cooper (if there are any left)

Chicago Gaming

Monster Bash

American Pinball

Houdini
    Oktoberfest

#61 56 days ago

Thanks guys. Bought a monster bash from you guys last year and we still love it! Maybe this year it’ll be a dialed in.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yes, I am sure we will have something available. Generally, the "new" games are not available for a discount as we don't have extras to sell. here is a general plan (but not for sure)
    JJP
    Wonka
    Dialed in
    Woz YBR
    Spooky
    Alice Cooper (if there are any left)
    Chicago Gaming
    Monster Bash
    American Pinball
    Houdini
    Oktoberfest

Quoted from vidgameseller:

I am working with Kingpin again this year. We hope to win best vendor again!! We will be announcing specials a little later, you are welcome to contact me now if you like. As of right now we will be again doing Chicago Gaming, JJP, American Pinball (we should have game 3 in our booth) and im sure we will have some Spooky games, although no spooky games will be available for sale that I know of

1 week later
    #62 42 days ago

How are ticket sales progressing? Just bought our fri night tics.

#63 42 days ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

For both you and trilogy, I would absolutely LOVE it if you would help if that hasn't been mentioned before. We've been looking for a few extra hands, and would love to have you guys on board!!

You need extra people to help out Friday? Count me in. I just need time to bring 2 games. One for the free play hall and one for rob Anthony to fix. If he is going to be there this year. Send me a pm. Jeremy

1 week later
    #64 31 days ago

You need extra people to help out Friday? Count me in. I just need time to bring 2 games. One for the free play hall and one for rob Anthony to fix. If he is going to be there this year. Send me a pm. Jeremy

Sorry, swamped with stuff. Absolutely, PM incoming. And Rob is going to be here!

And more news to come soon, my life is just crazy behind the scenes. Like, I can see all the work I need to accomplish, but then whenever I try doing it, something crazy happens and I end up having to do something else. Like a 40ish foot tall tree feel down in my yard earlier this week (didn't hit the house or people!) but that takes time.... YARG!

Shaping up to be one hell of a year!

#65 31 days ago

This is a painful post for me to make, but I will not be attending this year. Too many obligations during the show timeframe for me to be able to attend.
    I just e-mailed Gary to let him know.

I enjoy the hell out of MGC but sometimes things just don't work out.

-Hans

#66 31 days ago

I'll be excited to see you again in 2021!

1 week later
    #67 23 days ago

Hey everyone,

Super good news that I can't wait to share, so you're getting it here now. After much back and forth, it appears we have worked out a method for load-out with the Wisconsin Center that will result in significantly reduced pack out time. As a number of people are aware of, we had major weather impacts the past two years as snow moved in and made things difficult because of how limited the ramp space was. This resulted in us essentially having a total of six pick up spots between the two halls for load out, and has made me lose more hair than I care to admit.

Earlier today, a weather contingency plan that involves the ability for us to allow vehicles to pull into the Wisconsin Center for load out has been tentatively approved.

This has been a problem that has vexed me for a long time. One of the things I discovered from notes and details is that last year, we needed approximately 36 total hours of "loading time" to have the entire hall cleared out. This took... let's just say far longer than anyone wanted due to the limited amount of space available for loading.

An extremely conservative estimate (parking spots every 15 feet - normal parking spaces are 9 feet apart) puts our new number of spaces for the load out at 14 if the weather contingency plan would need to happen. At 14 spaces, assuming the same 36 hours of "loading time" is the same, the total load out time of the MGC would be 2.57 hours.

If we used a more realistic estimate of parking spaces ever 10 feet apart, this plan puts the number of spaces for the load out at 20. The same 36 hours of "loading time" would mean load out would only take 1.8 hours.

I feel compelled to note the above times include both the vendor hall and the game center. Arcade picking up moves a lot quicker than vendors though, so the line should move very fast for everyone on here.

Assume that we will need an extra 30 minutes to prep to start bringing cars in, but I believe that this will result in an extremely fast load out time for this coming year no matter what the weather. Three hours of load out time would be comparable to arcade load out times at the Sheraton. Two hours of load out time would be equal to the best years.

By the way, if the weather is fine, we can park on the West side of the dock and load out to vehicles that way, which allows over 30 spots at any given point in time to be loading. Our total "loading time" would probably go up slightly due to the slightly longer walk to load cars, but even if we assume a 25% penalty for slightly longer walk, the "not a snowpacolypse" plan would allow everyone to load and leave within 1.5 hours of the show ending, without any prep time to bring cars in.

I know people have been asking about how we intend to handle that this year. I wanted to tell you this here because quite frankly, I'm super excited about this as it gives us the options we didn't have in the past few years to handle this properly.

Tons of new stuff coming soon. I can't wait to tell you all what is up our sleeves this year. And then I can't wait for you all to GTFO on Sunday night in half the time or less

YAY!

#68 22 days ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hey everyone,
    Super good news that I can't wait to share, so you're getting it here now. After much back and forth, it appears we have worked out a method for load-out with the Wisconsin Center that will result in significantly reduced pack out time. As a number of people are aware of, we had major weather impacts the past two years as snow moved in and made things difficult because of how limited the ramp space was. This resulted in us essentially having a total of six pick up spots between the two halls for load out, and has made me lose more hair than I care to admit.
    Earlier today, a weather contingency plan that involves the ability for us to allow vehicles to pull into the Wisconsin Center for load out has been tentatively approved.
    This has been a problem that has vexed me for a long time. One of the things I discovered from notes and details is that last year, we needed approximately 36 total hours of "loading time" to have the entire hall cleared out. This took... let's just say far longer than anyone wanted due to the limited amount of space available for loading.
    An extremely conservative estimate (parking spots every 15 feet - normal parking spaces are 9 feet apart) puts our new number of spaces for the load out at 14 if the weather contingency plan would need to happen. At 14 spaces, assuming the same 36 hours of "loading time" is the same, the total load out time of the MGC would be 2.57 hours.
    If we used a more realistic estimate of parking spaces ever 10 feet apart, this plan puts the number of spaces for the load out at 20. The same 36 hours of "loading time" would mean load out would only take 1.8 hours.
    I feel compelled to note the above times include both the vendor hall and the game center. Arcade picking up moves a lot quicker than vendors though, so the line should move very fast for everyone on here.
    Assume that we will need an extra 30 minutes to prep to start bringing cars in, but I believe that this will result in an extremely fast load out time for this coming year no matter what the weather. Three hours of load out time would be comparable to arcade load out times at the Sheraton. Two hours of load out time would be equal to the best years.
    By the way, if the weather is fine, we can park on the West side of the dock and load out to vehicles that way, which allows over 30 spots at any given point in time to be loading. Our total "loading time" would probably go up slightly due to the slightly longer walk to load cars, but even if we assume a 25% penalty for slightly longer walk, the "not a snowpacolypse" plan would allow everyone to load and leave within 1.5 hours of the show ending, without any prep time to bring cars in.
    I know people have been asking about how we intend to handle that this year. I wanted to tell you this here because quite frankly, I'm super excited about this as it gives us the options we didn't have in the past few years to handle this properly.
    Tons of new stuff coming soon. I can't wait to tell you all what is up our sleeves this year. And then I can't wait for you all to GTFO on Sunday night in half the time or less
    YAY!

Just curious how you factor in stupidity. I know last year, there was a vendor that had a bunch of totes. He unloaded his car three or four time, taking up almost an hour, to figure out how to get everything in his car. I literally loaded up my entire trailer of pins in less time than he loaded up ten totes

#69 22 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Just curious how you factor in stupidity. I know last year, there was a vendor that had a bunch of totes. He unloaded his car three or four time, taking up almost an hour, to figure out how to get everything in his car. I literally loaded up my entire trailer of pins in less time than he loaded up ten totes

So, the short answer is by having a lot more spaces.

The longer answer (for anyone who cares!) is as some people know, I used to be a capacity expert for themed entertainment. The way to look at capacity is to break down things in averages as best as possible. I broke down numbers for pick up last year based on documents I had (vendor count, different game bringer count, etc) and then worked backwards from knowing how long the total move out took and estimating how long it would take for different groups to pack and leave.

This is where I got the break down that includes 36 hours of "loading time" (if we were loading everything out on a single dock only). Including stupidity, this is about the total time because ultimately, based on the spots we had and when they finally opened, this was how long it should take.

My estimated times for each group may not be perfect, but they are relatively correct. In that case, if we have 10 vendors in at a time and one takes four hours doing something stupid (or someone shows up in the wrong spot and refuses to move, maybe the same guy), then he or she is blocking one of those 10 spots, which *does* reduce the capacity some, however the model essentially takes that into account with the averages. I believe the average vendor load up time was calculated at 20 minutes last year when I did this. Many were under this time. A few, the one you are thinking of in particular, were far over. But, in the end, it evens out.

Additionally, the next positive thing is that people like that which take longer will take longer to get their "pass" to leave and come up the dock, meaning the faster, quicker people will be able to jump the line and be - well, faster and quicker first. As material leaves, we can break down the halls further allowing more space for loading, which means that if that guy shows up at, say, 6pm to spend his three hours loading or whatever nonsense, then we will have additional space for him to do so there.

Even better, this year I will not have my movers on hand trying to help as I remember him vividly since he had multiple movers I was paying help him monkey with his car for the majority of that time.

So yeah, with any luck, other than the striking of the staging, this plan is relatively stupidity proof, and we will have professionals to do that.

#70 22 days ago

Got my Friday and Saturday tickets for the family! Looking forward to it again!

#71 22 days ago

+1 family booked VIG. Can't wait!!

1 week later
    #72 11 days ago

Texas Pinball Festival and Midwest Gaming Classic current show pricing available.

$500 of on games that are on the shows till close on sunday of the event

Monster Bash Classic Show Price 5500

Monster Bash Special Edition 6800

Dialed In Limited Edition 9000

Willy Wonka Standard Edition 7000

Willy Wonka Limited Edition 9000

Willy Wonka Collector Edition 12,000

Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road 11000

Will soon be adding American Pinballs games Houdini and Oktoberfest once price is confirmed

Games must be paid for in advance, with each purchase you will receive an entry into the show for the entire weekend.

As always, I will take trade-ins on any of these models. Please message me with any questions.

Once again, in collaboration with Kingpin games, we will be having booths at both shows and give the great customer service that we always do. As last years Best booth in show at Midwest Gaming Classic, and runner up at Pinball Expo, we always try to have a large amount of games in our booth.

#73 10 days ago

I created the bringing / selling / trading thread for this years MGC. As a reminder, this does not register your game; please still do that through the MGC website.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-2020-bringing-selling-trading-list

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 33.50
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside