87 days ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190724_075613 (resized).jpg
    20190724_091115 (resized).jpg
    MGC (resized).jpg

#1 87 days ago

@goatdan sent an email today announcing tickets are now on sale for MGC 2020. Check it out:

"I'm extremely pleased to announce the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic will be held April 3, 4 and 5th at the Wisconsin Center! And you can pre-order tickets and book hotel rooms... NOW! Head to https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com to be among the first!

Some other fun 2020 MGC tidbits:

The fun starts 8am Friday April 3rd with GAMER QUEST! Join us as we open up a special area early for tabletop gaming including RPGs, board games and trading card games! With events for new and veteran tabletop gamer, it's the perfect start for anyone! Best yet, GAMER QUEST is just $10 with any MGC 3-day ticket!

VIG returns with all the fun you've come to expect: tickets for Friday Preview, Saturday, and Sunday, exclusive merch, special industry professional interactions at the Official After Party... and now 30 minutes of exclusive vendor hall time Saturday morning at 9am!

We're also adding specialized workshops before the show! We are in talks with many industry professionals about hosting classes on topics such as game theory, art design, arcade video and pinball repair, costume creation, and much more! Ready to learn a skill and get hands-on with some of the top minds in the industry? Then watch for us to start announcing classes soon!

And of course, we'll have even more great things in 2020! Thank YOU for making it possible through your support!"

MGC (resized).jpg
    #3 87 days ago

MGC 2020: Even closer to possible snow

#4 87 days ago

Can we make it 3 consecutive years with snow?

#5 87 days ago

Undertale: Pinball Edition will be following me back to the show for 2020. Now with code updates!

#6 87 days ago

Woo!

Who wants to start the "what are you bringing/sale/trade" thread?

#7 87 days ago

I hope I get sent again.

MGC keeps getting better and better !

LTG : )

#8 87 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Please God no...

#9 87 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope I get sent again.

Lloyd , you will ne thete regardless !

#10 87 days ago

Now there are 8am Friday morning options? Dan truly is trying to kill us...

#11 87 days ago

im in.

#12 87 days ago

MGC was so kick ass last year. still unbelievable

#13 87 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Lloyd , you will ne thete regardless !

Now I'm scared. Looks like some kind of secret code.

#14 87 days ago

Lets see what this one brings!!

#15 87 days ago

102 ? Nib games in 2019. Can that be beaten, or a new type of record be set....

#16 87 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

102 ? Nib games in 2019. Can that be beaten, or a new type of record be set....

That would be neat, but Christopher and I worked our ass off to do our part, along with a couple great friends. If we are doing that many again, Ill have to get more help. Its just so much work setting up all the games that we did. IF CGC lets us do show games again, ill be on board, especially if the new title is allowed

#17 87 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

That would be neat, but Christopher and I worked our ass off to do our part, along with a couple great friends. If we are doing that many again, Ill have to get more help. Its just so much work setting up all the games that we did. IF CGC lets us do show games again, ill be on board, especially if the new title is allowed

You guys were VIPs of the show for sure! Hopefully if you can / are willing to do it again, we can drum up a few extra helpers from the community. I'm sure someone will step up!

#18 87 days ago

What's the best hotel to stay at?

#19 87 days ago

Hilton of course!

#20 87 days ago

Damnit. The weekend after TPF!!?? My poor poor liver...

#21 87 days ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

Damnit. The weekend after TPF!!??

I didn't realize that. I can't close two weekends in a row.

LTG : (

#22 87 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I didn't realize that. I can't close two weekends in a row.

It is a bummer that you have to choose.

#23 87 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

I can come a day early and help you guys. Just keep me posted as I will need to put in the PTO.

#24 86 days ago

I did just pick up a new trailer yesterday. Its 8 feet longer than the previous one...

20190724_075613 (resized).jpg20190724_091115 (resized).jpg
    #25 86 days ago

Putting the WTB out there early..... looking for cheap project Space Shuttle, Zaccaria gen1/gen2, and/or sci-fi themed early Bally/Stern games, for pickup at MGC.

-Hans

2 months later
    #26 18 days ago

Whoa, I totally missed this thread until *right now!* A few quick things...

Quoted from chad:

Easter is moving the event around. We couldn't move back a week due to other commitments, so the only option was to move forward. Or we could have moved literally months away, which didn't seem like a great option. It's not perfect, but we knew this in 2017 before we had the first show.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Now there are 8am Friday morning options? Dan truly is trying to kill us...

We've been asked for a number of years to find some additional time for table top RPGs in particular as their play sessions come in 4 hour chunks. Due to how our timing worked out, the best anyone who is looking for that type of gaming at the show was four sessions. To better accommodate this, we are expanding the show floor to an additional space that can host Friday morning hours. This space is actually all but definitely off-site at the Hilton, so it won't affect the "standard" move-in of other events, but will better be able to fit the more specific timing schedules that those types of games take. Friday morning also gives people who want to try a game like that a great chance to do so without them having to use essentially half of a day of the show to try it out. Cost for Friday morning this year is only $10, and we are going to supplement it with some tabletop and collectible card games as best as possible too

Lots more fun to come. Been working on a lot of stuff behind the scenes

#27 18 days ago

Dan;

Did you guys send out an e-mail blast yet for vendor registration?

-Hans

#28 18 days ago

Dan, I had to google "midwest gaming classic gamer quest" to find the section on the web site that showed this as I could not find it going to the main web page. I see that they are registering game hosts so I assume that players will be able to register for these games. Will this be added when we get closer to the show dates?

#29 17 days ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Did you guys send out an e-mail blast yet for vendor registration?

Yes, although we just had someone else tell us theirs didn't make it through. Contact Gary directly, and he can take care of that

Quoted from Crashnburn:

Dan, I had to google "midwest gaming classic gamer quest" to find the section on the web site that showed this as I could not find it going to the main web page. I see that they are registering game hosts so I assume that players will be able to register for these games. Will this be added when we get closer to the show dates?

If you look at the top part of the page, immediately after the title is a big link in the slider to Gamer Quest. It will start appearing in other places, we don't currently have up as much info because we're putting the final touches on the Game Host stuff right now, and we expect we'll be starting to promote it further.

And yes, there will be options for signing up in advance that should be rolled out, probably in December or January, for games

1 week later
    #30 10 days ago

I'm planning on taking extra days off for the 2020 show (woot!)

#31 10 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope I get sent again.

We can car pool

#32 10 days ago

Getting excited for next MGC. With Texas and this being so close, I had to make a decision. MGC won!

#33 10 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

With Texas and this being so close, I had to make a decision. MGC won!

If I get sent next year, I'll only be able to do one. Too close together for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 11.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Little Shop Of Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside