Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    F0919D2D-9B84-4EB8-BDD4-5117C5F9365A (resized).jpeg
    552EAE08-FBD4-47FD-807D-4F95A982A337 (resized).jpeg
    743AE9AD-EDCB-4FDC-96B5-6C51CB486197 (resized).jpeg
    E58B1158-D565-4EE5-B08D-99B3E76D9B0A (resized).jpeg
    785A92F1-CF57-4A0D-BF24-B03BE4FFC8F0 (resized).jpeg
    F561E221-52E4-4ACC-AFC4-22915713DAE5 (resized).jpeg
    E52A6957-C00D-426F-B0AF-C676E7D26CAC (resized).jpeg
    1F206D90-4C28-44DF-B292-37FFC588B8CF (resized).jpeg
    BE750C84-A119-4B55-BE1D-731DCE55A258 (resized).jpeg
    FB89455F-7C3E-46BE-9F42-B663CA33612D (resized).jpeg
    8807A555-CB45-4DFB-9E9C-274D8EC95B05 (resized).jpeg
    EF8B8004-371B-47E2-9B73-69C7D6362949 (resized).jpeg
    52E7955A-6E6E-410C-8E9F-EBA9A93FB44B (resized).jpeg
    BFD7508B-52B7-423C-B830-22604B2650BF (resized).jpeg
    C2AB1B9F-3677-431E-90EA-9A25DC4E256E (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 1 year ago

MetalJesus visits MGC last year. Skip to 7:00 mark to enter MGC

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'll check with Andrew, I hope so! I checked the form and thought it was working! Anyway, watch for an email!

Were we supposed to get a response after submitting what game we are bringing?
    I didn't get any kind of confirmation like I have in the past.
    [email protected]

#53 1 year ago

Ken M? Holy shit didn't realize you were a Pinsider HUGE FAN.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from KenM:

[email protected]

You should, there was a slight error in the system before that we think we still have the messages that got caught!

#55 1 year ago

Color DMD doing anything this year?

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

You should, there was a slight error in the system before that we think we still have the messages that got caught!

Got it last night. Thanks!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

You must have me confused with someone else.

#57 1 year ago

And pretty much finalized my lineup!

Undertale
    TAF
    SOF
    EATPM

No sales here, but hopefully y'all get some enjoyment out of these battle-tested beauties. And if my extra friends join in for a bigger party, we'll also be throwing in Arena and Space Invaders.

TAF is on route, but otherwise the equipment staging area is well prepared.
    IMG_20230220_195201656 (resized).jpgIMG_20230220_195201656 (resized).jpg

#58 1 year ago

Well...I reserved myself a parking spot yesterday, so I guess that means I'll be attending this year. My first MGC and my second show ever (Expo 2022 was my first). I'll be there Saturday only though, hope to see some of you guys there!

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from KenM:

He may have been under the influence?

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Quoted from KenM:

Just what the real Ken M would say. So humble.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Color DMD doing anything this year?

Yes, they should be. Chatted with Eric a bit, who's been in touch with Randy. We're just trying to finalize everything. I'll try to get the info asap and post out what it is.

#62 1 year ago

Anyone know if there will be Foo Fighters games to play at MGC, or is it too early for that?

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Anyone know if there will be Foo Fighters games to play at MGC, or is it too early for that?

yes there will be

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

yes there will be

Awesome, thanks!

The game looks great, but I'd like to play it first. I'm old-fashioned that way.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:yes there will be

Nice!

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Yes, Troy (Tilt Amusements) and myself (KingPin Games) will both have some Pros and Premiums available for play and for sale.

#67 1 year ago

If Marco is there I expect a total of 20+ FF games available to play.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If Marco is there I expect a total of 20+ FF games available to play.

We are the official Stern distributor for MGC. Marco will be there, but all sales will go through us. We will have the following

(6) Foo Fighter Pro
    (6) Foo Fighter Premium (sold out)
    (5) James Bond Pro
    (5) James Bond Premium
    (1) Rush Pro
    (1) Rush Premium
    (3) Godzilla Premium (sold out)
    (1) Mandalorian Premium
    (1) Zeppelin Pro
    (1) Zeppelin Premium
    (1) TMNT Premium
    (3) Elvira Premium (sold out)
    (1) Jurassic Park The Pin
    (1) Star Wars Movie Art The Pin
    (1) Star Wars Comic Art The Pin

that's 37 new stern games

#69 1 year ago

Any idea if AP’s GTF gonna be there?

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Any idea if AP’s GTF gonna be there?

Let's assume ALL the new games will be there under the KingPin flags.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let's assume ALL the new games will be there under the KingPin flags.

Awesome!

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

We are the official Stern distributor for MGC. Marco will be there, but all sales will go through us. We will have the following
    (6) Foo Fighter Pro
    (6) Foo Fighter Premium (sold out)
    (5) James Bond Pro
    (5) James Bond Premium
    (1) Rush Pro
    (1) Rush Premium
    (3) Godzilla Premium (sold out)
    (1) Mandalorian Premium
    (1) Zeppelin Pro
    (1) Zeppelin Premium
    (1) TMNT Premium
    (3) Elvira Premium (sold out)
    (1) Jurassic Park The Pin
    (1) Star Wars Movie Art The Pin
    (1) Star Wars Comic Art The Pin
    that's 37 new stern games

For those that dont know, Christopher and I reallly work well with each other even though we are competitors. We have a respect for each other and will do what we can to help each other. I actually go up to MGC a day early to help him set up his booth. This is kinda rare, as I know other distributors that wont work with you and would rather cry to stern than be good to each other. I said earlier in this thread that you should buy from him first and contact me if he sells out. Since he is primary distributor for the show he will have more than me, but i will have similar titles as well and as he lets me know he sold out of a title, ill mention if i have that title

right now i do have 2 elvira show games

Edit, 1 now sold, 1 left

#73 1 year ago

Anyone that has gone before which hotel is the most convenient to get on the the exhibition floor? I was thinking Hilton because of the catwalk. But looking at the Google maps Springhill suites by Marriott looks easier. I know its going to be a lot of walking just trying to make it as easy as possible.

Thanks Jake

#74 1 year ago

NOw that Chris has mentioned he is sold out of Godzilla Premiums, i will throw my hat in the ring, i have 2 godzilla premium show games available, they are the same price as Chris, 9700 (no show discount, sorry, to high of a demand. Trades considered as well

#75 1 year ago

*** Color DMD deal for MGC! ***

Save $50 on a new display purchase when you bring a game to MGC and exhibit a ColorDMD display in your game along with a small sign showing our logo and web address! Email us at [email protected] to register!

Orders need to be in by Monday, March 20th in order to packaged and get them shipped. Displays will be brought to the show and pre-programmed for your game.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

So, here's the thing - I may be able to work something out. But allow me to explain what's going on here, I hope it shows that I'm not trying to handcuff anyone to the venue:
    The building is super particular about that dock. To open it, I get charged for the employees to do so. If those employees can be spared from other locations, the cost to me last year was $56, so I'm actually losing money on that fee, believe it or not. And if they don't have spare employees, it's worse - as they charge me for a four hour shift which quadruples that. And, that is still super limited access, as they only allow a couple cars at a time before requiring more employees. We have been hit with that fee.
    That's just half of it. When we move stuff inside, we are required to have an updated safety check. If it's a single game or two, it's not a big deal and can be just a bit of shuffling. If it is like 10 or 20, we may have to reshuffle everything and re-run electric and stuff before we get approval to open the hall. If it is done while we're open, they make us flush out large areas of the show if it is beyond one or two at a time again.
    I am sympathetic to your scenario, and what might work - I'd need to work with the building on this - is if we schedule a certain time Sunday morning and hit that window, I can solve most of the above issues all at once. For instance, if people move their game out of the line first thing in the morning Sunday, and then pack it into a vehicle between say 9am-9:30am, I can probably use things like shift changes and whatnot to make that work. But, I would still have a cap on how many I could do, and I'd have to work with the venue to figure that out. The real problem is more like...

...this, where like, I totally get it because my life seems to be a never ending rush - my wife calls it living in triage and only responding to the most recent disaster - but I don't have a way to thread the needle of all of the above stuff and not make it almost impossible to keep the show functioning between the costs and the requirements.
    And again, this isn't to say that isn't a legit reason, just I can't do it without a plan. If we can stick to the plan, totally different scenario. But reach out to me - I make things like that work as best as I can. I'd much rather you still participate if you want to than not, hope that helps clear it up

Dan, worst case scenario, if you had to pay the venue for an 8hour shift for an employee to let people load out any time on Sunday, isnt $400 a worthwhile cost to get more games for the show?

I already have a room for 2 nights - even at the show price it's over $400. I'm bringing my new girlfriend, she's never been to a show - I want her to be able to experience the after party and play everything without waiting in lines forever, and I want to contribute and bring a game like I've been doing from the beginning.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Dan, worst case scenario, if you had to pay the venue for an 8hour shift for an employee to let people load out any time on Sunday, isnt $400 a worthwhile cost to get more games for the show?
    I already have a room for 2 nights - even at the show price it's over $400. I'm bringing my new girlfriend, she's never been to a show - I want her to be able to experience the after party and play everything without waiting in lines forever, and I want to contribute and bring a game like I've been doing from the beginning.

I was wondering the same thing. If there's a flat cost that could be paid, then why is it $50 per person that wants to leave early?

I'm wondering if the real reason is to keep games there until 5:00 on "family day". I know back in the Brookfield days, I was catching hell from random attendees when I tried to leave with my game a half hour early. Ever since then, I just suck it up and stay until 5:00, but fortunately for me I don't have as long of a drive as some of you.

The stuff about the safety check, I admit I don't understand. There may be a lot more to it than I understand, and obviously Dan is in a tough spot.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Quoted from floyd1977:

I was wondering the same thing. If there's a flat cost that could be paid, then why is it $50 per person that wants to leave early?

If it was that simple, sure. It's not. Doing what you're suggesting would be multiple thousands of dollars with how they would make me run things. Reread what I said - There is a flat fee that I pay on a *per vehicle* basis, unless I can get away with maybe getting two up at once. And, the timing of that depends on when it happens, as I also noted, it's just as likely that I'm paying well more than that (like, $200+) to open the dock for two or so cars. And again, that's just the dock.

If you add the additional security they would make me have to close and open the entire arcade section to pull and reshuffle games, not to mention the fact that I'm certain our staff doesn't want to be spending all day Sunday shuffling games, and that would be extremely problematic for regular attendees as well as an additional cost.

It's a balancing act. As I said, I totally appreciate why you would just want to be able to say hey, I've had it, time to go. Trust me, I'd like to leave the event a bit early sometimes! heh! But there is an absolute ton of complexity due to having to work with the Center. Some of it I can overcome, and I work to make as much of it as smooth as possible at all times for everyone, but some of it I can't without major differences. We all got a bit spoiled by having it in hotels for as long as we did, as it was far easier to make changes like this, but with size comes new issues.

And, I know that some people really miss the Sheraton and I don't completely disagree, but if we didn't move in 2018, I don't think the show would have lasted past 2018. Our show has been set up either awesome or stupid depending on how you look at it from the start - focused on putting cool content out for people to check out before money-earning displays, which has forever made it a fight just to make this thing break even. There were circumstances afoot in 2018 that had we been at the Sheraton, our space would have actually needed to be compressed, and the prices we were being asked to pay would have meant we would have needed a 15 or so percent increase to *break even*. Doing that with a lot less space... I still don't know how we could have made that work.

There is a crapload of weird stuff that comes up behind the scenes, and I try to make it so that as little of that touches anyone bringing a machine as possible. I know that this is something that does touch everyone in at least some manner. And I'm sorry and wish it could be easier. I don't have a way to thread this needle any better though, sadly.

In brighter news, confirming some really cool game bringer benefits for this year! Will be sharing on the site, with prior game bringers, and here hopefully in a day or two!

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jake123:

Anyone that has gone before which hotel is the most convenient to get on the the exhibition floor? I was thinking Hilton because of the catwalk. But looking at the Google maps Springhill suites by Marriott looks easier. I know its going to be a lot of walking just trying to make it as easy as possible.

Hilton is connected via Skywalk, Springhill is directly across the street from the main entrance. Doubletree and Hyatt are essentially one city block away.

I personally do the Hilton, if that helps, as I feel it's the fastest back and forth, but I need to go back and forth. If you're going to come in and stay, I think it and Springhill are roughly equal, so long as it is not raining.

#80 1 year ago

Will there be a dedicated homebrew section this year? I haven't heard if there's a plan for that or if those particular games are just going wherever they fit.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If it was that simple, sure. It's not. Doing what you're suggesting would be multiple thousands of dollars with how they would make me run things. Reread what I said - There is a flat fee that I pay on a *per vehicle* basis, unless I can get away with maybe getting two up at once. And, the timing of that depends on when it happens, as I also noted, it's just as likely that I'm paying well more than that (like, $200+) to open the dock for two or so cars. And again, that's just the dock.
    If you add the additional security they would make me have to close and open the entire arcade section to pull and reshuffle games, not to mention the fact that I'm certain our staff doesn't want to be spending all day Sunday shuffling games, and that would be extremely problematic for regular attendees as well as an additional cost.
    It's a balancing act. As I said, I totally appreciate why you would just want to be able to say hey, I've had it, time to go. Trust me, I'd like to leave the event a bit early sometimes! heh! But there is an absolute ton of complexity due to having to work with the Center. Some of it I can overcome, and I work to make as much of it as smooth as possible at all times for everyone, but some of it I can't without major differences. We all got a bit spoiled by having it in hotels for as long as we did, as it was far easier to make changes like this, but with size comes new issues.
    And, I know that some people really miss the Sheraton and I don't completely disagree, but if we didn't move in 2018, I don't think the show would have lasted past 2018. Our show has been set up either awesome or stupid depending on how you look at it from the start - focused on putting cool content out for people to check out before money-earning displays, which has forever made it a fight just to make this thing break even. There were circumstances afoot in 2018 that had we been at the Sheraton, our space would have actually needed to be compressed, and the prices we were being asked to pay would have meant we would have needed a 15 or so percent increase to *break even*. Doing that with a lot less space... I still don't know how we could have made that work.
    There is a crapload of weird stuff that comes up behind the scenes, and I try to make it so that as little of that touches anyone bringing a machine as possible. I know that this is something that does touch everyone in at least some manner. And I'm sorry and wish it could be easier. I don't have a way to thread this needle any better though, sadly.
    In brighter news, confirming some really cool game bringer benefits for this year! Will be sharing on the site, with prior game bringers, and here hopefully in a day or two!

We won't be bringing games any more. I can't be there until 5pm on Sunday. It's an 8 hour drive home.

It's that simple, unfortunately.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Don't sweat it, man. You're 8 hours away. Although it's incredibly generous of you to support the show with a game, that's the locals' "duty" for lack of a better word. I've brought games to Expo for 20 years, to MGC occasionally, but wouldn't expect someone traveling that far to bring one just to share. TPF has a strong local game turnout, great collector community, but I would never consider hauling a game down there.

MGC isn't configured to allow those with 8-hour drives pack up early, and that's okay. It all evens out. Bring a game to PATZ this year! Short drive, they'd love to have your game, and I guarantee you can leave whenever you want.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Will there be a dedicated homebrew section this year? I haven't heard if there's a plan for that or if those particular games are just going wherever they fit.

Typically we've grouped the homebrews together into their own area. I imagine we'll do the same again this year, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Typically we've grouped the homebrews together into their own area. I imagine we'll do the same again this year, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

It will.

#85 1 year ago

Now I'm 100% sure.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Now I'm 100% sure.

can you ever really be 100%? its debatable

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

can you ever really be 100%? its debatable

Holy crap…you are still alive?

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Holy crap…you are still alive?

Nope, im a spooky ghost haunting pinside

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

We won't be bringing games any more. I can't be there until 5pm on Sunday. It's an 8 hour drive home.

So, hey, as Yancy said, for a trip as long as yours, it's totally cool and I appreciate even thought of doing it.

I'll also post this again in case you didn't see it and still want to try:

Quoted from goatdan:

I am sympathetic to your scenario, and what might work - I'd need to work with the building on this - is if we schedule a certain time Sunday morning and hit that window, I can solve most of the above issues all at once. For instance, if people move their game out of the line first thing in the morning Sunday, and then pack it into a vehicle between say 9am-9:30am, I can probably use things like shift changes and whatnot to make that work. But, I would still have a cap on how many I could do, and I'd have to work with the venue to figure that out.

To be clear, what I guarantee I can't do is to just to a 'hey, it's a free for all.' It sucks. I have explained it as best I can. If it makes it impossible to bring a game, I totally get it and wish I could make it easier. And for real, I'm super impressed and thankful that you've even tried hauling one for as many years as you have, that's amazing and you rock. It's people willing to share that make the show what it is, and I wish I could do everything to make that work for everyone, but size constricts me in ways that we didn't have in the past.

I will still do everything I can to help anyone if what I can do fits. It's the least I can do. I know how tough it is, and again, huge kudos for even considering it. You're awesome, and a huge part of the reason a show like this can even exist.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from KenM:

[email protected]

I'm in the same boat as Ken here, I'm planning on bringing my Grand Lizard but I never got any kind of confirmation after submitting the bring a game form.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from dahmo:

I'm in the same boat as Ken here, I'm planning on bringing my Grand Lizard but I never got any kind of confirmation after submitting the bring a game form.

Weird, if anyone didn't get a confirmation, can you please submit again? The form is working now, and I've seen ones go by recently. There was a period that it wasn't, but it appeared to save in the backend of the site all the emails, but clearly it missed at least a few.

Excited to see a Grand Lizard again, love the look of that game!

By the way, if anyone is in the area, we're teaming up with the Lake Country Rotary to host a Game Night at the Delafield Brewhaus tomorrow night and will have a handful of games on hand to play in fun ways! $50 for food and four hours of games starting at 6pm, and the proceeds go to support Zachariah's Acres, a really cool charity that helps kids that couldn't otherwise experience the outdoors experience the outdoors. Got the shower glass in this week for some bangerjay inspired tournaments! We'll also have Skee Ball, arcade games, consoles, our game music jukebox, pogs, and like... a whole mini MGC thing going on.

I hope I'm getting my 'load the truck in the snow' out of the way for the year right now. If you are curious on the pins, it'll be Metallica Pro, Ghostbusters Premium, Solar City and either Lethal Weapon 3, Iron Man, or Popeye.

IMG20230308130159 (resized).jpgIMG20230308130159 (resized).jpg
    #92 1 year ago

Can i come help load games in? Im going to crack the whip though....

#93 1 year ago

Will Rob Anthony be fixing games again this year? I have a couple for him to look at.

#94 1 year ago

Just got tickets for my son & I, 1st time at MGC & looking forward to it! Seeya guys 4/1

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

And pretty much finalized my lineup!
    Undertale
    TAF
    SOF
    EATPM
    No sales here, but hopefully y'all get some enjoyment out of these battle-tested beauties. And if my extra friends join in for a bigger party, we'll also be throwing in Arena and Space Invaders.
    TAF is on route, but otherwise the equipment staging area is well prepared.
    [quoted image]

I'm so happy you're bringing SOF! Wanted to play that for ages. Lionman!

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Will Rob Anthony be fixing games again this year? I have a couple for him to look at.

He will be! In fact, if you want to fix games with him early, he's coming in early to take a look at my machines to make sure we aren't taking anything that phantom broke in the last five months that I didn't get to play or repair them for! (Man, my playing goes in a really weird cycle!)

Also, unrelated, Galactic Tank Force is the real deal and I love it! Haven't played any of the other new games yet, but they are all intending to have them at the MGC!

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

He will be! In fact, if you want to fix games with him early, he's coming in early to take a look at my machines to make sure we aren't taking anything that phantom broke in the last five months that I didn't get to play or repair them for! (Man, my playing goes in a really weird cycle!)
    Also, unrelated, Galactic Tank Force is the real deal and I love it! Haven't played any of the other new games yet, but they are all intending to have them at the MGC!

How can I bring games to him early. Can i show up Wednesday or thrusday night? I live somewhat close to Wisconsin center. I have 2 that I need him to look at. Also is he or anybody there able to look at a dig dug arcade game?

#98 1 year ago

Been coming for years, but this year will be the first time with my oldest. Looking forward to this one!

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

How can I bring games to him early. Can i show up Wednesday or thrusday night? I live somewhat close to Wisconsin center. I have 2 that I need him to look at. Also is he or anybody there able to look at a dig dug arcade game?

Maaaaaaaybe Thursday. Wednesday we're not even in yet. Sort of depends on when. PM me or email me and we can try to figure it out!

Not sure offhand who can fix a Dig Dug, what's wrong with it?

Quoted from orangestorm87:

Been coming for years, but this year will be the first time with my oldest. Looking forward to this one!

This is awesome! It's crazy, my oldest (13) is so excited to go with friends this year, and my youngest (8) has helped me build arcade cabs. When this thing started, I would have guessed I would have never had kids!

#100 1 year ago

I'll be bringing a friend, she's 66 and never been to a show or anything before, brand new to the scene - she's excited!

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2023/page/2?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.