(Topic ID: 228537)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2019

By balt

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15551644478965418973746659864627 (resized).jpg
    454B7224-48FB-4EAF-9039-8CCDAF26A44E (resized).jpeg
    DSC04620 (resized).JPG
    DSC04563 (resized).JPG
    DSC04706 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1044 (resized).JPG
    Ritchie (resized).jpg
    8214773C-78D8-480D-8E4F-27325469552C (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190305-190017 (resized).jpg
    BrianEddy_final_preview (resized).jpeg
    john-borg (resized).png
    IMG_3800 (resized).jpg
    mgc-sign (resized).jpg
    18172 (resized).jpeg
    MGC2019DOUBLEFLYERINVERT.pdf (PDF preview)
    MGC2019FLYERINVERT.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

My back hurts just looking at that picture...LOL!
    Can't wait!

gonna hurt 2x as much this year

2x the space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 month later
    #32 5 years ago

new website is a HUGE improvement!!!

very nice!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Great news Dan!

It really is awesome!

Maybe we can somehow get MGC on the IFPA circuit in the future!

3 weeks later
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Due to a family conflict, I can only make it to Tom Taylor’s this year. Looking forward to it as always.

you will be missed

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grangeomatic:

What kind of discount are we talking about from Marco?
    Or do I need to ask them directly?

contact the email in the post for info

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

One more slot open in Clock Chaos finals this year!

you are not paying attention

Chaos is going to be a team play event this year. Should be very fun and more chance for more people to play
    plus socialize which is what this is all about... making new friends and hanging with old.

Also, I am not saying there will be any fun prizes for chaos, cause that would not be allowed...

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I don't see a FS thread. I'm interested in purchasing one of the following, please PM me if you have one available to bring to MGC:
    Stars
    Laser Cue
    Joker Poker

someone typically starts up a what are you bringing/selling/etc... thread.

I dont have the time currently so feel free to go for it.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

My wife and I are very excited. This will be our first ever arcade/game convention. We play board games too so that will be fun to see as well. Only gaming convention we’ve been to is Blizzcon, but that’s video games.

you guys bringing games so you can do the after party? If you can, I highly suggest it!

Super fun time and great way to meet more pinheads and find deals if you are building the collection.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not bringing any games, unless I buy a stern through the show deal which I’m considering.

it is a good deal IMHO. You get a reasonable discount IME and the positive of being able to shake out any bugs with a coupld hundred plays is a good thing when you have a bunch of experts on hand to help tweak and adjust. It is also super fun to be part of that unboxing party

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

No one is finding this so I have to rethink where to put it on the web site... You can register here!
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-machines/

honest feedback, nothing is really intuitive to find on the website. The redesign and style are huge improvements but it take me multiple clicks to find anything I am looking for.

#125 5 years ago

Site is for sure a huge improvement and really looks good. Just think small tweaks to refine would help people navigate.

I would make it so that top bar stays on the page. That way when you scroll down the bar is still frozen up top on your window.
    Visually that bar does not seem to stick out to me as the buttons to press to navigate to where I want to go.

Other example is that I was trying to tell someone about Tom Taylor and how it is an option to do on Friday. It took me a while to figure out that was under attend and special events.

Last thing is possibly more details on sub pages or drop down windows to direct you on where to buy tickets for certain things. I like that I can click compete and sort by pinball. Then I click on Pingolf and it is not clear to me that I need a Preview pass to play in that, cross link to purchase/attend page, and that it only happens on Friday night.

again, all just small tweaks.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

I don't think the site needs sticky navigation, I feel like the issue is more the way the site navigates between pages and how to get between details about the show. I do agree with the more content statement. It honestly took me about 10 minutes to find the 'compete' part you were talking about because the only place to find it is off the homepage. I expected it to be under 'Play'. I guess I don't expect a ton of information off the homepage past general info about the show -- when is it, where is it, and drive into the site. The new site is way better, but something still feels.....off....when navigating around it. Maybe I can run it by some ux people I know to get some feedback on it. I think the site needs minor tweaks at this point, as it's a lot better than it previously was; just needs more ironed out.

good suggestions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2019?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.