(Topic ID: 228537)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2019

By balt

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15551644478965418973746659864627 (resized).jpg
    454B7224-48FB-4EAF-9039-8CCDAF26A44E (resized).jpeg
    DSC04620 (resized).JPG
    DSC04563 (resized).JPG
    DSC04706 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1044 (resized).JPG
    Ritchie (resized).jpg
    8214773C-78D8-480D-8E4F-27325469552C (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190305-190017 (resized).jpg
    BrianEddy_final_preview (resized).jpeg
    john-borg (resized).png
    IMG_3800 (resized).jpg
    mgc-sign (resized).jpg
    18172 (resized).jpeg
    MGC2019DOUBLEFLYERINVERT.pdf (PDF preview)
    MGC2019FLYERINVERT.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

I see goatdan listed the 2019 MGC event here on Pinside. I started looking forward to the 2019 show right about the time I left last year. In Milwaukee, at the Wisconsin Center again, on April 12-14.

Pinside Event: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/midwest-gaming-classic-2019

Tickets: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/

My 2018 photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8vYDgJ4CV90Bi0D53
    2018 (resized).jpg2018 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from balt:

I see goatdan listed the 2019 MGC event here on Pinside. I started looking forward to the 2019 show right about the time I left last year. In Milwaukee at the Wisconsin Center again on April 12-14.
    Pinside Event: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/midwest-gaming-classic-2019
    Tickets: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/
    My 2018 photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8vYDgJ4CV90Bi0D53
    [quoted image]

My back hurts just looking at that picture...LOL!

Can't wait!

#3 5 years ago

Yup, finally got around to posting it today!

And, just in case anyone missed this info, the picture above is half of the game room (the rest was mainly console), and we are DOUBLING the size of it for next year!

#4 5 years ago

Hope the snow is done for the season. 2018 was a nightmare driving back

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hope the snow is done for the season. 2018 was a nightmare driving back

I guarantee that it was more of a nightmare for us running the show than for anyone else. Having said that, if we were at the Sheraton, the tent would have had to be abandoned on Sunday and the show would officially be over. At least what happened allows the show to continue.

And, although I can't fix plowing the roads if it does, we have already worked with the Wisconsin Center to implement a bunch of changes for move out to make it easier, snow or not.

#6 5 years ago

Hey, it was an awesome event. Let’s not take anything away from that!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Can't wait!

Don't worry, we are assigning supervisor Greg to you this year as a personal attaché. He will never leave your side. All good.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Don't worry, we are assigning supervisor Greg to you this year as a personal attaché. He will never leave your side. All good.

#9 5 years ago

Trying to think about easy ways for me to bring a game or two along with my regular stuff. Running solo made things trickier than previous years when the family came along.

I really should think about buying a van at some point.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Not even funny man...not even funny...

4 weeks later
    #11 5 years ago

Looking forward to attending this show for the first time.

Has Nolan Bushnell ever been at the show? Would love to meet him.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

Not at our show. We did have both Ted Dabney and Ralph Baer join us via Skype, but neither could travel to visit with us.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Not at our show. We did have both Ted Dabney and Ralph Baer join us via Skype, but neither could travel to visit with us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Dabney

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_H._Baer

#15 5 years ago

Thanks. I have Ralph’s autograph.

So would Nolan be someone you might invite?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

He was at expo a few years ago

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Can't wait!

gonna hurt 2x as much this year

2x the space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 5 years ago

Dan,

The VIG mentions inclusion to the Overdrive Reality After Party on Saturday.
    Is that the same after party as previous years or something new this year?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

Thanks. I have Ralph’s autograph.
    So would Nolan be someone you might invite?

We've invited him in the past and have a more or less standing offer. Without going into too many details, things just haven't worked out for us yet.

Quoted from pfcjimmy:

The VIG mentions inclusion to the Overdrive Reality After Party on Saturday.
    Is that the same after party as previous years or something new this year?

The Official Midwest Gaming Classic Overdrive Reality After Party is NOT the game hall after party. It is held across the street at the Hilton and is including many little special events. So far, the main one that has been announced is Johnny Gioeli is performing at it. I have already confirmed some new, brand new things for it.

We are hoping and planning to add a page hopefully tonight, actually, where you can get a VIG package for game bringers that wouldn't include the regular show tickets or the after party later tonight, in case people still want the extra bonuses that come with it. There are a few of these options we need to create, actually.

#20 5 years ago

So what is the trailer plan for this year? Would love to bring a game or two. In addition to my booth.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

So what is the trailer plan for this year? Would love to bring a game or two. In addition to my booth.

There are a lot of moving parts with it, but in short...

Either park up top, or we'll have a relatively nearby location that would also be free for use.

Details still coming. I keep getting distracted with other things that have been coming up quickly. Nailing down game bringing details is near the top of the list, but it involves talking to about 20 different people (sadly, not an exaggeration) before I can fully finish that, and I haven't been able to pull it off. Yet.

Soon, but the above will hold. We won't let it happen another way, just like last year. But, unlike last year, we'll communicate that our better, promise

4 weeks later
    #22 5 years ago

happy new year! MGC bump. ready to go

#23 5 years ago

I'm getting there! I've got a slew of interesting phone calls today, and we're just about done with a brand new, significantly updated web site! Game bringing info will be part of that when it launches

#24 5 years ago

Are the tournaments at MGC still non-IFPA?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not even funny man...not even funny...

Come on man, it was at least a little bit funny!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#26 5 years ago

We have a new web site!

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

We have new bringing game info, including procedures on how to leave. Ask away on any questions about how that will work here, and I should be able to reply to them now, as we're much more "set" on how it's all going to work

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-machines/

We're going to be adding a "Benefits" page for the bring machines page soon, where we get the auction going, talk about some other deals that we're going to have for people this year, and so on. I hope to get that page up and running later this week

#27 5 years ago

Goatdan... The king of announcing and announcement.

Either way, bought 2 last year and plan to bring 2 this year.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Are the tournaments at MGC still non-IFPA?

Read into this what you may...

Clock Chaos and PinGolf are non-IFPA tournaments to ensure that we keep them as a laid back type of affair, accessible to as many people as possible on Friday night.

We haven't had any news about any other tournaments yet, but expect to later this week.

#29 5 years ago

Thanks, it looks like with the updates I should be able to bring a game again this year.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks, it looks like with the updates I should be able to bring a game again this year.

Hooray!

I didn't say this on that page because there wasn't space for it, but long story short - last year we were not allowed to run move in or especially out the way we wanted to. This year, we can run them both how we want. This will result in us shuffling cars at the top of the loading dock, so we don't have people picking up one machine stuck waiting for people loading up vendor booths, which should solve the majority of the delays by itself. Then, the people who are helping us to run this is the same moving company that we use to move our stuff. They are well versed in moving arcade video and pinball machines (I usually just pass off my keys to them), and they will be happy to help load machines for people. And they'll have dollies, so you don't have to bring one.

All of that is stuff we were told we couldn't do last year, and all of that stuff was something I said we HAVE to do this year to sign again. Now, we can do it

Quoted from kcZ:

Goatdan... The king of announcing an announcement.

Assume you meant this... and damn right

Hey, the web site is a big deal at least for me! I just couldn't confirm the rest of the stuff that I wanted to until the web site was finished. I just confirmed a ColorDMD deal earlier today, for instance, and am working on some other bonuses now too. The new web site was a serious key that is allowing me to fly through getting stuff done now, I'm honestly stunned by how much I'm plowing through today alone

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hooray!
    I didn't say this on that page because there wasn't space for it, but long story short - last year we were not allowed to run move in or especially out the way we wanted to. This year, we can run them both how we want. This will result in us shuffling cars at the top of the loading dock, so we don't have people picking up one machine stuck waiting for people loading up vendor booths, which should solve the majority of the delays by itself. Then, the people who are helping us to run this is the same moving company that we use to move our stuff. They are well versed in moving arcade video and pinball machines (I usually just pass off my keys to them), and they will be happy to help load machines for people. And they'll have dollies, so you don't have to bring one.
    All of that is stuff we were told we couldn't do last year, and all of that stuff was something I said we HAVE to do this year to sign again. Now, we can do it

Assume you meant this... and damn right
    Hey, the web site is a big deal at least for me! I just couldn't confirm the rest of the stuff that I wanted to until the web site was finished. I just confirmed a ColorDMD deal earlier today, for instance, and am working on some other bonuses now too. The new web site was a serious key that is allowing me to fly through getting stuff done now, I'm honestly stunned by how much I'm plowing through today alone

What moving company do you use? Just curious. I have a company I use that does well, but they are pretty expensive.

#32 5 years ago

new website is a HUGE improvement!!!

very nice!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

What moving company do you use? Just curious. I have a company I use that does well, but they are pretty expensive.

I don't honestly remember their name as it has changed. It's run by a guy named JT, and we came across them by randomly calling people a few years ago to help move our own stuff. Most of them didn't want to work at night. JT told us they were fine with that, and asked about what they were moving. When I told him about the games, he said he used to work for an operator and so he knows all that stuff.

They've been great with my stuff, and we love having them. They keep certain employees year to year specifically to do our show because they all enjoy doing it so much

I should probably figure out the company's name :-/

Quoted from Whysnow:

new website is a HUGE improvement!!!

Thanks! It was a HUGE amount of work!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

We haven't had any news about any other tournaments yet, but expect to later this week.

Today, the IFPA and Midwest Gaming Classic announced the return of WPPR-ranked pinball tournaments to the Wisconsin Center! Same basic rules as the last few years, found a workaround!

Our last IFPA sanctioned tournament in 2016, if played this last year, would have been the third largest standard tournament in the country by player volume only behind Pinburgh and the Northwest show. We're intending to keep that up this year!

As I think many people don't realize, the modern IFPA was launched at the MGC in 2006. We always wanted to remain a part of the structure, but certain things made that difficult and we didn't have a decent workaround. We figured something out, and we're excited to bring it back!

The question has been asked if this might bring back trophies. In short, if we can get enough sponsorship, the solution that we have does allow for it. I will be looking for pinball tournament sponsors (and quite frankly, show sponsors as a whole) soon, so if you know anyone that might be interested, this more than anything is the thing players missed the most and I hope we can afford to bring them back!

(they aren't expensive on their own, but there are other factors we need to be aware of that does raise their price to us. I can explain to anyone if you want to pm me.)

FB_IMG_1547137096062 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1547137096062 (resized).jpg
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Today, the IFPA and Midwest Gaming Classic announced the return of WPPR-ranked pinball tournaments to the Wisconsin Center! Same basic rules as the last few years, found a workaround!
    Our last IFPA sanctioned tournament in 2016, if played this last year, would have been the third largest standard tournament in the country by player volume only behind Pinburgh and the Northwest show. We're intending to keep that up this year!
    As I think many people don't realize, the modern IFPA was launched at the MGC in 2006. We always wanted to remain a part of the structure, but certain things made that difficult and we didn't have a decent workaround. We figured something out, and we're excited to bring it back!
    The question has been asked if this might bring back trophies. In short, if we can get enough sponsorship, the solution that we have does allow for it. I will be looking for pinball tournament sponsors (and quite frankly, show sponsors as a whole) soon, so if you know anyone that might be interested, this more than anything is the thing players missed the most and I hope we can afford to bring them back!
    (they aren't expensive on their own, but there are other factors we need to be aware of that does raise their price to us. I can explain to anyone if you want to pm me.)
    [quoted image]

Great news Dan! I went to the IFPA website to find out more... here’s the link to make it a bit quicker.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/wppr-points-to-return-to-midwest-gaming-classic/

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Great news Dan!

It really is awesome!

Maybe we can somehow get MGC on the IFPA circuit in the future!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It really is awesome!
    Maybe we can somehow get MGC on the IFPA circuit in the future!

This would make complete sense for one of the largest pinball shows in the Midwest.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

This would make complete sense for one of the largest pinball shows in the Midwest.

What we figured out would allow it now. In fact, part of the reason this got figured out is we have a video game tournament that is going to have a major prize announced sometime soon...

1 week later
    #39 5 years ago

Will the NIB offer be available again this year through Stern/Marco? Or if not official, does anyone anticipate it will be available?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

Will the NIB offer be available again this year through Stern/Marco? Or if not official, does anyone anticipate it will be available?

Deals will be Available. Full details soon I’m Sure.

#41 5 years ago

PM sent

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Deals will be Available. Full details soon I’m Sure.

I gave everyone who wants to tell me a deal until next week before we roll them out. I expect we'll have deals from Stern and at least one or two others, although certain groups are dragging their feet.

#43 5 years ago

New show art from Greg Freres! The stack is the official show poster, and we'll be using individual "postcards" on various other things...

What do you think?

2019-design-revealed (resized).jpg2019-design-revealed (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1548701681817 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1548701681817 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1548701964638 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1548701964638 (resized).jpg
    #44 5 years ago

LOVE that artwork.

#45 5 years ago

Fun, like the use of the fonz.....very...retro. Still, quite a change from dirty Donny lol.

#46 5 years ago

Greg Freres is the man!

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Fun, like the use of the fonz.....very...retro. Still, quite a change from dirty Donny lol.

We *loved* the Dirty Donny art from last year.

But, at the end of last year, we were thinking about how we wanted to keep the poster thing going, and the idea came up to have a different artist every year from within the MGC world do a different take on it, knowing that it would result in wildly different things. Incredibly, Gary and I decided the person to ask this coming year was Greg Freres... and before we did, Greg reached out to me and said that he loved the poster idea and asked if we had a plan on who was going to do 2019, throwing his hat in to be considered.

We immediately said yes and he got to work. It was his goal to create something both familiar but outside his "regular" work, which is there this one came in.

I love it. It's obviously completely different than Donny's art, but it's also very Greg Freres, even though it is different.

The Fonz part is funny. About half the people see it and get it, and the other half don't get it at all. Having said that, somewhere there is a picture of the bronze Fonz wearing an MGC staff shirt from about 10 years ago

#48 5 years ago

Stern deal official! More to come, I'm hoping to FINALLY update the Bring-A-Game page either tonight or tomorrow with this and a bunch of other fun stuff. This weather (and the subsequent WEEK off that my kids have had) have thrown a bit of a monkey wrench in my time! Anyway... the deal!

The Midwest Gaming Classic, in conjunction with Marco Specialties and Stern Pinball, Inc., is excited to offer special show pricing on new Stern Pinball Machines set up for play during MGC. This partnership allows you as the buyer a chance to own a machine fresh from the Stern factory at a reduced cost, in exchange for the game being set-up and on the game floor for the entirety of the show. In addition, the purchase of a game for demo at the show qualifies you for a free weekend admission to the MGC, as well as free admission to the popular MGC on-site after party Saturday, April 13th. Our goal is always to have as many new Stern pinball machines as possible set up for people to enjoy, and this partnership with Marco and Stern allows for a unique way to create a win-win for all involved. Specific terms and conditions are as follows:

Terms for Show-Game Purchases:

- Games must be ordered and paid for in advance of the Midwest Gaming Classic. Note: Games will NOT be available for purchase at or after the show at the discounted price.

- Don’t delay in ordering if you are interested, as some games are already limited in availability. Availability fluctuates daily.

- Games MUST be shipped directly to the Midwest Gaming Classic.

- All demo games are to be displayed and set to free play within the Marco Specialties booth throughout the duration of the show (until 5:00pm Sunday, April 14th).

- Games must be set up for play on Friday, April 12th. Buyers are welcome to set up their games, but if you can not be available for Friday, MGC and Marco reserve the right to set up the game on your behalf.

- Payment by credit card is available, but a 3% transaction fee will be added.

- At the conclusion of the Midwest Gaming Classic on Sunday April 14th (5:00pm), the buyer will be responsible for the removal of their pinball machine from the game hall and convention center.

- All machines will include the standard 60 Day Factory parts warranty.

- 3rd party game modifications are not allowed before or during the show (i.e. protectors, artwork, electrical, mechanical).

The following titles are currently available:

Munsters Pro
    Munsters Premium
    Deadpool Pro
    Deadpool Premium
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Iron Maiden Premium
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
    Star Wars Pro
    Star Wars Premium
    Batman 66' Premium
    Ghostbusters Premium
    Metallica Pro
    Metallica Premium - Monsters
    Star Trek Pro – Vault Edition
    Star Trek Premium – Vault Edition
    AC/DC Pro
    AC/DC Premium – Luci Version
    AC/DC Premium – Vault Edition

Please contact Aaron at [email protected] if you are interested. SERIOUS inquiries only.

#49 5 years ago

Loved the show last year, but can't make it this year. Even though I am not going, I am sending out the flyers in my customers orders again this year. Did the inverted colors version again this year to save Toner/Ink. Single and double flyer versions. Thanks for the great show Dan, hope it is a great hit in 2019.

MGC2019DOUBLEFLYERINVERT.pdfMGC2019DOUBLEFLYERINVERT.pdfMGC2019FLYERINVERT.pdfMGC2019FLYERINVERT.pdf
    #50 5 years ago

Due to a family conflict, I can only make it to Tom Taylor’s this year. Looking forward to it as always.

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2019?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.