(Topic ID: 228537)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2019

By balt

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15551644478965418973746659864627 (resized).jpg
    454B7224-48FB-4EAF-9039-8CCDAF26A44E (resized).jpeg
    DSC04620 (resized).JPG
    DSC04563 (resized).JPG
    DSC04706 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1044 (resized).JPG
    Ritchie (resized).jpg
    8214773C-78D8-480D-8E4F-27325469552C (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190305-190017 (resized).jpg
    BrianEddy_final_preview (resized).jpeg
    john-borg (resized).png
    IMG_3800 (resized).jpg
    mgc-sign (resized).jpg
    18172 (resized).jpeg
    MGC2019DOUBLEFLYERINVERT.pdf (PDF preview)
    MGC2019FLYERINVERT.pdf (PDF preview)
    There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago

I don't even know where / how to make all these announcements, so if you have ever wanted to meet Waison Cheng, Lyman Sheats, Mike Kyzivat, Harrison Drake, Tanio Klyce, Dwight Sullivan, Elliot Eismin, Rick Naegele, Tim Sexton, George Gomez, Mark Weyna, Chuck Bleich, Keith Elwyn, John Borg, Steve Ritchie, Mike Vinikour, Greg Freres, Steven Martin, Justin Frait, Tom Kyzivat, Chuck Ernst, Josh Clay, Danai Kittivanthana, Mark Sullivan, Tammy Parham, Pat Powers, Dave Carver, Carson Gunby, John Buscaglia, Doug Score, Mark Galvez, Corey Stup, Brett Rubin, Brian Eddy, Dean Grover, Jim Belt, Sonia Madalinski, Ernie Perez, Andrew Triana or Mark Guidarelli from Stern Pinball, they'll all be on hand at the show.

#152 5 years ago

That’s a lot of payroll; no wonder game prices are up!

#153 5 years ago

This just went out to our email list... In case you're not on it, here you go. If you did not get the email and are planning to bring a game, please register with us so we have a better idea what's coming (see below).

Thanks!

Hello from the 2019 Midwest Gaming Classic arcade hall!

It's hard to believe that we are already just one month out from this years show. It has been a crazy year for yours truly and I apologize that this is the first official email you've gotten from us. Normally I would try and reach out just after the New Year to start getting you guys thinking and excited about the show. So, while it didn't happen this year we'll strive to do a better job of keeping you guys in the loop earlier next year.

Let me start off by saying a sincere THANK YOU to all of you who came out and supported the show last year. The move to the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee was exciting and scary all at the same time. The first year at a new venue is always a challenge. As many of you are aware, last year was no exception. We got a double whammy last year with mother nature dumping snow all day on Sunday plus the Center putting unexpected requirements on us during load-out. While we can't control mother nature, we do have some pull on the other. We had a plan in place for load-out that we believe would have worked. But, at the last minute the center changed how it was supposed to work and created a hassle for everyone. We sincerely apologize for any frustrations and delays it might have cost you guys. We worked with the Center during the "off-season" and have agreement on how load-out will work this year. So, the issues of last year shouldn't happen again. In addition, we will have a group of professional movers available to assist you with loading your machines (if you wish for more help) once the show closes on Sunday. Thank you for your patience while we worked this stuff out.

If you are planning to bring machine(s) this year and have not yet let us know, please reply to this email with what you're planning on bringing. You may also go to this website and fill out the form in the middle of the page. THANK YOU!
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-machines/

We've got some cool new benefits this year as a way of saying thank you for lugging your games to the show. For each game you bring, you'll receive a commerative keychain that designates that the machine was an official MGC show game. In addition, each person who brings at least one machine will receive special, exclusive MGC shirt made just for you. We hope you like what we've come up with!

Instructions for bringing your games is copied below. This can also be found on the website linked above. Please note that the times the dock is open this year HAS changed. Please see the timing below. Also, as a reminder, if a game is removed from the show floor prior to Sunday afternoon, you will forfeit any unused benefits.

Please let me know if you have any questions! See you soon!
    Keith

BRINGING YOUR GAME(S)
    Following these step-by-step instructions to bring a game or games to the show! between 10am and 10pm on Friday, April 12th or between 8am-9:30am on Saturday, April 13th.

1. Upon arrival at the Wisconsin Center, you (the game bringer) will sign in and be directed to the gameroom hall ramp.
    2. Once parked near the gameroom hall ramp, unload your game with MGC arcade hall personnel in specified “set up” location. To ensure a fast moving drop off procedure, you will not be setting up your game at this time. Instead, we will give you a “set up” pass to return to set it up after you park your car.
    3. Move your car from the loading dock, park it and come back to the gameroom with your set up pass from the usual, “guest” side of the show. Note: If you expect to have a trailer, please use the contact form below so we can help ensure it has a place to go at the show. Trailers may be directed to off site parking.
    4. Set up your game where the MGC arcade hall personnel directs you too.
    5. Register your game to get your “welcome” packet including machine rewards, and enjoy the show! If setting up Friday, we would suggest looking into either visiting Tom Taylor’s Open House or taking part in our Friday Night Preview events. Note, due to their extremely limited nature, neither of these are part of our regular rewards.

Game removal times are expected to be Saturday, April 13th from 7pm-8pm or Sunday from 3:30pm-11pm. Game removal at other times may be accommodated by the Wisconsin Center by paying a $50 “dock fee” to get the personnel open docks at that time. This is per-vehicle feee.

1. Pack up your machine and move it our “prepped for removal” area in the back of the game hall.
    2. MGC move out staff will give you a gameroom pick up pass. You will need this pass to return to the loading dock, so please keep it with you.
    3. Retrieve your vehicle and come to the Wisconsin Center loading dock with your pass to get access.
    4. MGC move out staff will check for a pass and direct you up the load out ramp. At the top of the ramp, MGC move out staff will further direct you where to go.
    5. Once you are parked, you may get your machine and start to load it. MGC move out staff will check your ownership information, and is available to help you load your machine into your vehicle if you wish! Additionally, we will have hand trucks available to help move games.
    6. Once loaded, drive down the exit ramp and leave the Wisconsin Center knowing that awesome you and your awesome game(s) brought happiness to more than 10,000 gamers for the weekend… WOW!

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I don't even know where / how to make all these announcements,

I don't know how you and your crew manage it Dan. MGC keeps getting better every year !

LTG : )

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know how you and your crew manage it Dan. MGC keeps getting better every year !

Thanks Lloyd! Any word yet on if you're going to make it out? I've got a VIP graphic all ready for you if it can happen again

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Any word yet on if you're going to make it out?

No idea Dan. CGC hit MGC last year because at that time Expo may or may not happen. Since Expo happened, I haven't heard if CGC will attend MGC this year.

And last year came together about a week and a half before MGC. So manpower was hard to arrange. Arturo could only make Friday. Doug Skor was there Friday and half of Saturday. So they needed another body - mine.

If they attend this year, I'm assuming they'll have more time to plan things. So may not need a body - me.

Quoted from goatdan:

I've got a VIP graphic all ready for you if it can happen again

You're the best Dan !

Thank you,
    Lloyd

#157 5 years ago

Are there food vendors or booths at MGC? Are we able to leave and come back in if we go eat someplace offsite?

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

We've got some cool new benefits this year as a way of saying thank you for lugging your games to the show. For each game you bring, you'll receive a commerative keychain that designates that the machine was an official MGC show game. In addition, each person who brings at least one machine will receive special, exclusive MGC shirt made just for you. We hope you like what we've come up with!

Glad to see you guys ran with the keychain idea this year for bringing machines. I brought those 3D printed ones last year and not going to be there this year so wasn't feeling motivated to do them again. I am sure it will be cooler than my real cheap ones.

#159 5 years ago

There is a concession stand (little pricey), otherwise a couple great places (I remember a really good barbecue place that I visited twice in one day about a block away).

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Glad to see you guys ran with the keychain idea this year for bringing machines. I brought those 3D printed ones last year and not going to be there this year so wasn't feeling motivated to do them again. I am sure it will be cooler than my real cheap ones.

That was you? I totally saw one on a Keychain for someone's game I was fixing and that's what motivated me to make it happen. They said to me it was their favorite souvenir from last year.

I don't mind showing this, they'll look like this, die cast!

Screenshot_20190305-190017 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190305-190017 (resized).jpg
    #161 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Are there food vendors or booths at MGC? Are we able to leave and come back in if we go eat someplace offsite?

There are about five or six different groups on site. We use wristbands so you may absolutely leave and come back also, and there are about ten great restaurants within about two blocks in any direction!

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The wife and I enjoyed walking to a few of the nearby restaurants despite the terrible weather. There was some brat bar that was a few blocks away with very good food and the barbecue joint next door. We don't normally go downtown so this was a nice change of pace for us.

#163 5 years ago

Build a Breakfast, Build a Burger is a terrible name I think, but I love their food. I eat there a couple times a month during the winter when I'm stopping down by the Wisconsin Center. There is a place called Gyro MKE that is kitty corner from it that is excellent too for faster food. Those are both one block away if you go out the exit near the Hilton Skywalk

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

There is a concession stand (little pricey), otherwise a couple great places (I remember a really good barbecue place that I visited twice in one day about a block away).

That would be Doc's Commerce Smokehouse... AWESOME. Amazing BBQ... the fact that they have 60+ beers on tap doesn't hurt either...

<buuurrrrp>

https://www.docsbbq.net/milwaukee/barbecue-menu

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

That would be Doc's Commerce Smokehouse... AWESOME. Amazing BBQ... the fact that they have 60+ beers on tap doesn't hurt either...
    &lt;buuurrrrp&gt;

Yeah...if you can't find the arcade crew...that's probably where we are...LOL!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....can't wait.....

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

That was you? I totally saw one on a Keychain for someone's game I was fixing and that's what motivated me to make it happen. They said to me it was their favorite souvenir from last year.
    I don't mind showing this, they'll look like this, die cast!
    [quoted image]

Yeah that was me. I use to make some for Lloyd to hand out when he did Pinball Circus. They had year and fall or spring show on them.
    These look very cool, definitely better. People will like them for sure.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

&lt;buuurrrrp&gt;

Stop giving away our secrets.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Had no idea who brought them, but mine is proudly on my Batman 66 I bought from the show deal. Thank you very much! It is a really nice reminder of where the game came from.

#169 5 years ago

I have a double room at the SpringHill Suites that I was looking to possibly trade for a king room in the same hotel. I don't need the double anymore, as the kids won't be staying overnight and just coming Sunday. If anyone wants to trade, let me know and we can workout details.

#170 5 years ago

Dan, I will not be able to bring a game this year due to work obligations, but I have two suggestions.

1) Post some type of sign outside down by the loading dock ramp letting people know “This way up”. I must have driven around the block five times until I found the ramp entrance.

2) Forewarn people that they will be setting up the machines on concrete. Maybe a friendly reminder to bring something to set their glass on when they remove it.

Here’s mine from last year.

8214773C-78D8-480D-8E4F-27325469552C (resized).jpeg8214773C-78D8-480D-8E4F-27325469552C (resized).jpeg
    #171 5 years ago

I am ready to buy pinsound boards, should I order them online, or would I be better served to wait until MGC?

#172 5 years ago

Legendary pinball designer Steve Ritchie will be at the Wisconsin Center April 13 and 14! Steve got his start with Atari Pinball before moving to Williams Pinball and designing many of their most beloved tables including Black Knight, Terminator 2 and Star Trek The Next Generation! Today he works for Stern Pinball where the "King of Flow" continues to churn out hits like Spider-Man, ACDC and Star Wars!

Ritchie (resized).jpgRitchie (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #173 5 years ago

Compared to when it was at the Sheraton, how relatively bright/dark is the arcade hall? I sadly missed last years debut at the new location. I recall having the lights turned down low during the after party back years past. I’m guessing with the overall size of the new hall and amount of vendor stuff in the same area, the lights stay pretty bright all day eh? Like if a Sega Viper Night Driving was there, would the UV glow ball effect be lost? -or is the hall dim enough to get the effect?

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

Compared to when it was at the Sheraton, how relatively bright/dark is the arcade hall? I sadly missed last years debut at the new location. I recall having the lights turned down low during the after party back years past. I’m guessing with the overall size of the new hall and amount of vendor stuff in the same area, the lights stay pretty bright all day eh? Like if a Sega Viper Night Driving was there, would the UV glow ball effect be lost? -or is the hall dim enough to get the effect?

Refer to the first photo in this thread. That is what it looked like last year during regular hours on Saturday.

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

During the main event the lights are all on. During the after party and other parties they turn most of them off.

DSC04706 (resized).JPGDSC04706 (resized).JPGIMG_1044 (resized).JPGIMG_1044 (resized).JPG
    #176 5 years ago

Here's a couple of photos taken last year that I think are neat - enjoy

DSC04563 (resized).JPGDSC04563 (resized).JPGDSC04620 (resized).JPGDSC04620 (resized).JPG
    #177 5 years ago

Good news. CGC is sending me !

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hey I look forward to meeting you!

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Awesome!

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yaaaaay!!!

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Great news... now you just have to get past the 8" or so of snow predicted for parts of central and southern MN on Thursday. At least it's not predicted for Milwaukee area this time (unless the track goes much further south than anticipated).

#182 5 years ago

"If you don't like the weather in the midwest wait 5 minutes and it'll change"

70 here today. Snow maybe Wednesday. Sigh....

#183 5 years ago

Is Dirty Donnie gonna be there this year! I purchased and love his Gaming classic glow in the dark shirt from last year.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

First, loving that you mentioned Vnd!

Long story short if you turn off the lights at the WI Center, they take like 30 minutes to go back on. Last year, I was told I couldn't mess with them in case I turned off too many. This year, I intend to mess.

We don't plan to make it dark dark, but every other ish set of lights will probably be off.

If the led upgrade they were supposed to get happened, well then I will play a lot more.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from stuckey_t:

Is Dirty Donnie gonna be there this year! I purchased and love his Gaming classic glow in the dark shirt from last year.

Stay turned. Last minute things still going on!

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Stay turned. Last minute things still going on!

TURN'T ?

#187 5 years ago

Well the snow is here

454B7224-48FB-4EAF-9039-8CCDAF26A44E (resized).jpeg454B7224-48FB-4EAF-9039-8CCDAF26A44E (resized).jpeg
    #188 5 years ago

Wait. Lets not get our threads crossed. I just realized this is the 2018 thread with an updated title. The 2019 ongoing discussion is over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019

#189 5 years ago

Hello everyone, we just wanted to put a quick post up and let everyone know that we will be in the Stern/Marco booth as the official MGC distributor teaming up with Marco to bring you over 50 new out of the box pinballs set up on Freeplay including the New Black Knight Pro and Premium. Most of these games are all pre-sold and there is a small handful of games available at the show brand new out of the box that will be available through us at a very nice discount. Unlike most of the pre-sold games, these remaining games it is not absolutely necessary you take the game home with you. We will have the means to transport it back to our facility and ship it or deliver it locally in the Chicago area for you. PM or text me for details please. I will try to watch my inbox this weekend.... you can PM or text at 630-792-8910 or email me at [email protected] for specific details of the titles available yet and pricing. There is only a handful of games available. We will also have a small amount of games available from Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack and American Pinball as well. Here's your last chance to get in on very nicely discounted brand new games! These games will only have the plays on them from the show. We are opening the boxes up today.

We'll also have a slew of stern accessories for sale along with brand new playfield glass (both standard and HD) along with a few other goodies.

For those of you who we have not had the pleasure to meet please stop by the booth and say hello to myself and Mark.

See everybody up there and have a safe journey wherever you're traveling from. A little Breezy out there today

Please visit www.hemispheresamusements.com for latest new and used inventory.

#190 5 years ago

Is anyone installing nvram at the show?

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from Badamack:

I believe Rob Anthony can help with that in his booth.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Badamack:

Rob on the second floor is.

#193 5 years ago

Missed the cutoff for presales tix for my kids so I guess I'm stuck in the penalty box for the next hour.

15551644478965418973746659864627 (resized).jpg15551644478965418973746659864627 (resized).jpg

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2019/page/4?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.