4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 442 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tyrone Biggums 12042019090306 (resized).jpg
    20190412_075017.jpg
    3F04DA6C-8FA8-4F21-B218-D91229DD7A81 (resized).jpeg
    6017B5D0-E242-413A-BE55-8BE9BEAA879A (resized).jpeg
    8cf5b6b642fbb69c14b55153f7f08aca (resized).jpg
    67B81892-DF49-42D0-8393-2BB08B3EE900 (resized).jpeg
    4842767B-BB6C-46F6-8A02-C8E8388700B7 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1554932262915 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082128 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081938 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082050 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082212 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081924 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081922 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082150 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081926 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 months ago

I am unsure what we will be bringing at this time, but as far as looking to buy...

Any oddballs, unique stuff is on my hunt list.

In particular I would like to find one of the following:
    BMX
    Spectrum
    Harlem
    Banzai
    Defender
    Cosmic Ginfight
    Time Fantasy
    Cheetah

or other less common seen games.

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Bringing a Shadow, Atlantis, and C37.
    Looking for the following:
    Stern Ali
    Meteor
    Galaxy
    DragonFist
    Magic
    I have a quite a few classic Bally's to offer in trade as well.

I have a few on your ISO.

You know where to reach me if you want to talk trades/ what games you are putting on the docket.

#21 4 months ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Bringing Cyclopes to sit along side whysnow Andromeda (Hopefully he's still planning to bring)

have not decided yet but I think I could make that work... My andromeda is not restored but plays nicely.

Would you be OK with me using Cyclopes in Clock Chaos on Friday (assuming you will be loading in earlier on Fri?)

#30 4 months ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Sure, that's fine.

thanks

perfect

#31 4 months ago

Looks like my plan will be Andromeda, Little Pro, and possible 1 other TBD. None of those for sale.

I could bring my Restored Fireball 72' that won best in show EM last year if anyone wants to make a serious cash offer in advance.
    If you were there last year and saw it/played it, you know the effort that went into it. Serious offers only please.

#38 4 months ago

I would like to buy 1 of the following:

Diner
    Whirlwind
    SoF
    EATPM
    FunHouse
    Time Fantasy
    Defender
    Cosmic Gunfight
    Creech
    SS

#40 4 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I believe lame33 might be selling a SOF.

thanks

#44 4 months ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I already had bought a ticket for me and my wife for saturday, but now that I bought a game through the stern/marco deal, can I get that refunded/cancelled somehow? Since I get my admission "free" basically? Also do I have to "register" my game via the link in the first post, or is that done for me somehow through the stern/marco deal?

you can just use the game as "show bucks" instead.

That is what I typically do. I buy the full weekend pass to ensure the show gets those presale ticket dollars to help them move things along.
    The brought game then gets cashed in for show dollars I spend at Rob Anthony's booth.

1 week later
    #66 4 months ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

(And, if anyone is bringing a used Houdini, I'd like to agonize over wanting to buy it I've decided...

dont...

not worth even the agony unless you can grab a HUO for under 5k (which may be possible based on how they continue to trend)

#68 4 months ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I just realized that sunday the 14th is when game of thrones airs. Looks like I gotta get my pin out fast as possible on sunday evening to get home for our party LOL.

I would plan for ample time. I am sure load out will be vastly improved this year (2nd time at new place will help and hopefully no blizzard), but it will take time and any show games (I think you are getting one) have to stay till the very end.

#71 4 months ago
    Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I’ve only been in the hobby just over a year. Taking a game to a show seems like a lot of work. Then worrying about it staying working. I’m tempted to go and bring my back to the future, but thinking this may not be the year to go. You have to have a BTTF at the show, right?

It really is not much work IMHO, esp for the benefits (fun to share your game, plenty of pinheads to help fix if something goes down and what better place to get it fixed, the afterparty!, meet lots of new people, and be part of the show is really cool)

Load the game and set up is easy.
    Stop every so often to check on it.
    Load out at the end.

Maybe a 2 hr time investment for bringing a single game and so much fun to support pinball!

#79 4 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The load out at the end of the show last year was horrendous, don't let anybody fool you. I'm not playing on bringing any machines this year because of it. At the Sheraton it was much easier. I understand this venue has tied the hands of the organizers, but it just isn't worth it to me.

I thought you were bringing three?

Quoted from Methos:

Bringing a Shadow, Atlantis, and C37.

I honestly did not think it was horrendous. It took longer than when things were at the Sheraton but that is expected when you are at a bigger place in downtown MKE and up a few floors. The fluke snow storm really is what made it so painful IME. It also sounds like things are going to be vastly improved.

All considered, it was still worth it to attend the afterparty IMHO. No game = no afterparty so that is always enough to make the decision for us to bring multiple games. We also really like supporting the local show and think it is so much fun to be able to bring pinball to the masses. The handful of parents and kids that played the games I brought last year and took the time to say thanks was more than enough payment for us Feels good to see the kiddos so happy to play a nice game they have never seen before.

I will say that I really hope people that bring multiples hold on to the extra after party passes tightly this year. Kind of sad when you see a bunch of free loaders in having fun at the after party and they did not bring a game. I heard there are some changes to help lock that down better. Hope those are still happening as the show cant happen without the support of the local/ regional community.

#100 4 months ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If there are 500 machines in the room, I would expect to see 500 people, I am not sure how it could be any more simple.

agree 100%

The freeloaders are the guys that sneak in without a valid wristband, make their own fake ones, just skirt the security, etc...
    Happens every year and sadly a few that are regulars in the pinball community but not supporting the show (nor are their buddies and then giving them wristbands)

You should 100% get a wristband for each game you bring and do what you want with them.

I was also super happy to see guys like Troy/KP that bring tons of games telling people to step up and help if they wanted a band. Some of those guys have been very giving (their choice but I think it is much better for the show if all the regional people that can bring, actually do so) and I like seeing them tell people to either buy one of their games to get a pass or step up and do some work to earn it.

I hope the show is bigger and even better this year. The only way that happens if we all step up to make it happen.

I always commend you Tim for always being awesome and bringing mutliple games!

#102 4 months ago

You guys do an awesome job!

#118 4 months ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's just not really the type of environment where you really get to experience much from a sound perspective. There's sometimes a machine that's way too loud, and becomes an annoyance. I think I'd save myself the hassle and leave it behind.

I second that. Subs will just make it worse. When one person brings a sub then many others turn it up. It just becomes a wall of noise.

1 month later
    #243 86 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I might be bringing a Mousin Around which would be for sale.

do you have a price on this?

My brother loves mine so may be cool to surprise him with one for his next Bday.

#245 86 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Do you still have the STTNG for sale?

Yes. Currently available. I owe a few people pics that i hope to grab later today to place a proper ad so all can see condition accurately.

How much you want for the mousin?

#249 86 days ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

Sooooo H,
    Has mom told you that I’m your long lost sister yet? Also that my birthday is in October, I love Taxi, and I’m not opposed to surprise gifts?
    Thanks in advance,
    Liz

nice!

#250 86 days ago

Archived after 32 days
    Sold (amount unknown)
    Contributed to Pinside
    Machine - For Sale
    As is “$3850 cash and carry this week only. This is a solid STTNG with good bones! Boards are clean and hack free (I just installed new header pins in J120 and J121 and new connectors ...”
    2019-03-30
    Madison, WI
    3,850 (OBO)

STTNG for sale/trade. COuld bring to MGC for parking lot deal.

Photos in the ad for those I promised them to > please check there as it was easier than emailing them out.

#260 82 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like my plan will be Andromeda, Little Pro, and possible 1 other TBD. None of those for sale.
    I could bring my Restored Fireball 72' that won best in show EM last year if anyone wants to make a serious cash offer in advance.
    If you were there last year and saw it/played it, you know the effort that went into it. Serious offers only please.

sorry, I will no longer be bringing Andromeda.

Instead Madison Pinball is providing one of the BK3000 and that will be my game.
    LittlePro will still be there and possibly one other (TBD)

#263 82 days ago
    Quoted from dkazz1:

Anyone bringing a nice Road Show or CFTBL for sale to the show?

Archived after 15 days
    Sold (amount private)
    Contributed to Pinside
    Machine - For Sale
    Road Show Archived
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “I'm selling my Road Show. This is a nice example--no fish wear, playfield in good condition, plays well, etc. There's some fading on the left side of the cabinet, but the rest of t...”
    2019-03-31
    Madison, WI

great guy and trusted local pinhead

#271 82 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Natural progression from BK2K (BK3000 was the assumed title of the game before "Sword of Rage" was officially launched)

And it sounds bette and easier to use instead of BKSoR which just makes me think... is your back soar? "Yeah after I lift a damn pinball machine"

#282 81 days ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Pretty sure it is nobody. I was going to buy one from a guy over towards Madison and bring it to MGC but that one sold already.

I think Lawnboy is selling his vector?

#286 81 days ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Lol... Same game, MikeS is the guy who I was talking to about the Vector.

go get it from Bill!

Mike is an amazing tech and his games are always super solid!

#345 76 days ago
    Quoted from pfcjimmy:

Elektra lost sound last night so I'll likely bring something else while I troubleshoot the squawk and talk board.

If you get there early and prearrange then I would bet Rob can work on that for you?

Also, check the volume pot (reflow and work the knob back and forth a bunch) as that has been an issue for me in the past on s&t

#383 75 days ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Zach will be easy to find. Just look for the only grown man on the kiddie rides.

You must not have been there last year

#399 75 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Creature from the black Lagoon

is that that really nice one you had or a different one?

#404 74 days ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Please visit www.hemispheresamusements.com for latest new and used inventory.
    Hello everyone, we just wanted to put a quick post up and let everyone know that we will be in the Stern/Marco booth as the official MGC distributor teaming up with Marco to bring you over 50 new out of the box pinballs set up on Freeplay including the New Black Knight Pro and Premium. Most of these games are all pre-sold and there is a small handful of games available at the show brand new out of the box that will be available through us at a very nice discount. Unlike most of the pre-sold games, these remaining games it is not absolutely necessary you take the game home with you. We will have the means to transport it back to our facility and ship it or deliver it locally in the Chicago area for you. PM or text me for details please. I will try to watch my inbox this weekend.... you can PM or text at 630-792-8910 or email me at kurt@hemispheresamusements.com for specific details of the titles available yet and pricing. There is only a handful of games available. We will also have a small amount of games available from Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack and American Pinball as well. Here's your last chance to get in on very nicely discounted brand new games! These games will only have the plays on them from the show. We are opening the boxes up today.
    We'll also have a slew of stern accessories for sale along with brand new playfield glass (both standard and HD) along with a few other goodies.
    For those of you who we have not had the pleasure to meet please stop by the booth and say hello to myself and Mark.
    See everybody up there and have a safe journey wherever you're traveling from. A little Breezy out there today

????

what???

I did not buy either of the 2 games I am getting from you.

I bought them form Marco; same as last year.

Seems really odd to sayyou are the one selling these games via Macro after the fact.

On top of this, KingPin Games is one of the largest supports of the show each year and is the 'official' guy bringing and selling all of the JJP, CGC, Spooky games at the show.

#407 74 days ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Teaming up with Marco, it says in the post.

This is the odd part.

Quoted from Hemispheres:

as the official MGC distributor teaming up with Marco to bring you over 50 new out of the box pinballs

I dont know whom this distributor is and I surely did not send them money for 2 games. I just found it odd that they claim to be the official MGC distributor on top of this.

The attempt to also sell other games at the show when KP is the big supporter is just a secondary and tacky IMHO. Every year we gets someone doing nothing for the show yet coming in at the last minute and trying to take sales form the ones that do and piggy back of their effort. I point it out because KP is such a great distributor and does so much that it irks me to see this happen every year (any this time from a complete unknown swooping in while KP is likely busy loading in over 100 games to support the show)

#409 74 days ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Relax Hilton, Kurt is a good guy and he teaming up with Marco this year for MGC . This is good news .

good to know someone can vouch for them.

I hope you can understand my questioning when I sent some big bucks to Marco and then to have someone else claiming they are the distributor...

#412 74 days ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes you sent marco the money for the games. That doesn't mean that they didn't team up with marco. Zach at Flip N Out teamed up with Kingpin this year, does this mean Zach is a shady distributor? And kingpin isn't the only one allowed to sell games at the show. Kingpin is absolutely a huge part of the show, but he's not the only one that is allowed to sell games...

of course others can sell at the show.

Zach also did not come here and claim to be the official distributor of MGC or seller of games sold by Kingpin.
    Kingpin also did not claim to be the official distributor...

pretty big difference.

Guessing it was just a poorly phrased post and due to a desire to try and associate themselves as more responsible for supporting the show and bringing 50 games (understandable when you are trying to sell more games). You can hopefully see that is odd to claim when Marco clearly is the one selling all those NIB stern games.

#418 74 days ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Kurt is a good dude, known him at least 15 years, maybe more

good to know.

never heard of him.

How much for glass?

#421 74 days ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Whysnow, my complete apology I did not mean to create confusion for you. Yes you purchased your games from Marco and those sales are running through Marco. Stern and Marco were looking for a Stern dealer to help out with this show and so we joined up. I purchased a handful of games that will be at this show and available that were not pre sold by Marco. There is also a handful of Black Knight Pros left that we can sell that either Marco or Hemispheres can sell at this show. We're just teaming up together. I've been in the industry for almost 30 years I am not a hardcore pinside guy because I simply don't have the Manpower or time at this point. I will be making more of an effort to support this website, make more of a presence and to help the community. If you have any questions about who we are check out our Google reviews. We are here to help anyone that's in the business. We make it a point to have good communication with both our customers and other dealers. Again my complete apology for the confusion on your order. Forgive any typos in this post I'm at a quick gas stop on the way to the show. Thanks again.

thanks for the clarity and appreciate it!

Looking forward to the show!

how much for glass? I will take 4 sheets (assuming reasonable/normal price)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 73.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.95
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside