This just went out to our email list... In case you're not on it, here you go. If you did not get the email and are planning to bring a game, please register with us so we have a better idea what's coming (see below).
Hello from the 2019 Midwest Gaming Classic arcade hall!
It's hard to believe that we are already just one month out from this years show. It has been a crazy year for yours truly and I apologize that this is the first official email you've gotten from us. Normally I would try and reach out just after the New Year to start getting you guys thinking and excited about the show. So, while it didn't happen this year we'll strive to do a better job of keeping you guys in the loop earlier next year.
Let me start off by saying a sincere THANK YOU to all of you who came out and supported the show last year. The move to the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee was exciting and scary all at the same time. The first year at a new venue is always a challenge. As many of you are aware, last year was no exception. We got a double whammy last year with mother nature dumping snow all day on Sunday plus the Center putting unexpected requirements on us during load-out. While we can't control mother nature, we do have some pull on the other. We had a plan in place for load-out that we believe would have worked. But, at the last minute the center changed how it was supposed to work and created a hassle for everyone. We sincerely apologize for any frustrations and delays it might have cost you guys. We worked with the Center during the "off-season" and have agreement on how load-out will work this year. So, the issues of last year shouldn't happen again. In addition, we will have a group of professional movers available to assist you with loading your machines (if you wish for more help) once the show closes on Sunday. Thank you for your patience while we worked this stuff out.
If you are planning to bring machine(s) this year and have not yet let us know, please reply to this email with what you're planning on bringing. You may also go to this website and fill out the form in the middle of the page. THANK YOU!
We've got some cool new benefits this year as a way of saying thank you for lugging your games to the show. For each game you bring, you'll receive a commerative keychain that designates that the machine was an official MGC show game. In addition, each person who brings at least one machine will receive special, exclusive MGC shirt made just for you. We hope you like what we've come up with!
Instructions for bringing your games is copied below. This can also be found on the website linked above. Please note that the times the dock is open this year HAS changed. Please see the timing below. Also, as a reminder, if a game is removed from the show floor prior to Sunday afternoon, you will forfeit any unused benefits.
Please let me know if you have any questions! See you soon!
BRINGING YOUR GAME(S)
Following these step-by-step instructions to bring a game or games to the show! between 10am and 10pm on Friday, April 12th or between 8am-9:30am on Saturday, April 13th.
1. Upon arrival at the Wisconsin Center, you (the game bringer) will sign in and be directed to the gameroom hall ramp.
2. Once parked near the gameroom hall ramp, unload your game with MGC arcade hall personnel in specified “set up” location. To ensure a fast moving drop off procedure, you will not be setting up your game at this time. Instead, we will give you a “set up” pass to return to set it up after you park your car.
3. Move your car from the loading dock, park it and come back to the gameroom with your set up pass from the usual, “guest” side of the show. Note: If you expect to have a trailer, please use the contact form below so we can help ensure it has a place to go at the show. Trailers may be directed to off site parking.
4. Set up your game where the MGC arcade hall personnel directs you too.
5. Register your game to get your “welcome” packet including machine rewards, and enjoy the show! If setting up Friday, we would suggest looking into either visiting Tom Taylor’s Open House or taking part in our Friday Night Preview events. Note, due to their extremely limited nature, neither of these are part of our regular rewards.
Game removal times are expected to be Saturday, April 13th from 7pm-8pm or Sunday from 3:30pm-11pm. Game removal at other times may be accommodated by the Wisconsin Center by paying a $50 “dock fee” to get the personnel open docks at that time. This is per-vehicle feee.
1. Pack up your machine and move it our “prepped for removal” area in the back of the game hall.
2. MGC move out staff will give you a gameroom pick up pass. You will need this pass to return to the loading dock, so please keep it with you.
3. Retrieve your vehicle and come to the Wisconsin Center loading dock with your pass to get access.
4. MGC move out staff will check for a pass and direct you up the load out ramp. At the top of the ramp, MGC move out staff will further direct you where to go.
5. Once you are parked, you may get your machine and start to load it. MGC move out staff will check your ownership information, and is available to help you load your machine into your vehicle if you wish! Additionally, we will have hand trucks available to help move games.
6. Once loaded, drive down the exit ramp and leave the Wisconsin Center knowing that awesome you and your awesome game(s) brought happiness to more than 10,000 gamers for the weekend… WOW!