Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 442 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tyrone Biggums 12042019090306 (resized).jpg
    20190412_075017.jpg
    3F04DA6C-8FA8-4F21-B218-D91229DD7A81 (resized).jpeg
    6017B5D0-E242-413A-BE55-8BE9BEAA879A (resized).jpeg
    8cf5b6b642fbb69c14b55153f7f08aca (resized).jpg
    67B81892-DF49-42D0-8393-2BB08B3EE900 (resized).jpeg
    4842767B-BB6C-46F6-8A02-C8E8388700B7 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1554932262915 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082128 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081938 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082050 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082212 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081924 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081922 (resized).jpg
    20190410_082150 (resized).jpg
    20190410_081926 (resized).jpg
    There are 442 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The freeloaders are the guys that sneak in without a valid wristband, make their own fake ones, just skirt the security, etc...
    Happens every year and sadly a few that are regulars in the pinball community but not supporting the show (nor are their buddies and then giving them wristbands)

There has been extremely limited times this has occurred.

In one year at the Sheraton, there was someone selling counterfeit wristbands in the parking lot. Security caught the people who bought them within an hour. We did not find the person that sold them the bands.

Another year, we had someone try to sneak in. That person was caught at the door and warned. He came back through the back of house. The Sheraton had him arrested for trespassing (they had warned him too).

I don't like to publicly talk about thay side of it because I look at my job at the show as removing all the friction and stress from attendees and hiding it, but these things happen and we do respond as needed. We also do our best to keep it down low so people don't know.

The guy who was arrested was arrested from the party floor. I'm pretty sure less than ten people were aware it happened. That's how we want it to be. I'm not really going to talk about it much more either, so please don't anyone ask a bunch of questions or make a big thing out of it... It is what it is.

Having said that, it Gary and I are usually so good of taking on the stress and hiding it from everyone else, just imagine how difficult last year really was...

#102 5 years ago

You guys do an awesome job!

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

If it's like last year... the show special buyer's had a "unboxing party". At that time, you simply find Tully or whomever is manning the table and he'll get your info and set you up with labels, wristbands, party tickets, etc.
    It's relatively quick & painless.
    And you'll just go to Marco's table, introduce yourself (show ID), and they'll show you to your box/machine and direct you to where to set it up. (maybe go to Marco's table first.. then register. It's all pretty self-explainitary once you get there in the controlled chaos)

If I need to setup my new machine, I assume I'll need to bring some tools? A wrench at least to attach the legs?
    I'll also need to be there when? Friday morning?

Sorry for all the newb questions. Never been to MGC before.

#104 5 years ago

WTB Spirit of ‘76 Gottlieb

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from abracadabra:

If I need to setup my new machine, I assume I'll need to bring some tools? A wrench at least to attach the legs?
    I'll also need to be there when? Friday morning?

Most people bring basic tools along, but if you don't have any, there are people there that can help you out. Usually the NIB show games are unboxed on Thursday evening. Dan can probably comment more, but you don't need to be there if you don't want to be. Marco folks will set up the game if you can't make it.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Most people bring basic tools along, but if you don't have any, there are people there that can help you out. Usually the NIB show games are unboxed on Thursday evening. Dan can probably comment more, but you don't need to be there if you don't want to be. Marco folks will set up the game if you can't make it.

Yup - a lot of people really enjoy opening up their games and setting them up from new in box the first time.

I personally don't really care, and of the two machines that I have gotten this way, I think I helped set up one and walked away before it was turned on.

If you want the experience, it's a fun time. If you don't, they can set it up without you. They just also can't hold set up for hours like they used to do, and we'd have boxes still waiting to be set up at 7pm on Friday when the show was open. Marco needs to actually set up their booth

I think standard tools are there.

#107 5 years ago

So if I want to open my Star Trek I bought through Marco, what time should I arrive Friday? I have off work that day.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

We will make sure that happens. Can't wait to try out both of these machine! Thanks for bringing them guys!

Thanks man. Last year I coordinated setup with jwilson and his hot rod custom game. I don’t know if any other home brew or customs will be there. But it’s cool to keep them together.
    Thanks

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

So if I want to open my Star Trek I bought through Marco, what time should I arrive Friday? I have off work that day.

Honestly, and this is why I keep forgetting to mention anything about the registration...

That all goes through Marco. I think some years they need the games opened Thursday night. Not sure. I know when I can open and close the halls, but it's up to them to decide when they will be around, and access to the halls are limited, so it's not like you could show up at, say, 1pm and just walk in and open up a game with no one around.

Which is a good thing of course

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

Ill be bringing my Fish Tales and Metallica (Pro). Part of the reason for the Metallica is to shame Pingraffix. I have the light up game bladez, and they randomly trigger sparky. Joe responded to a few emails, then fell off the face of the earth. Maybe some public shame will help me and the others experiencing the issue.....
    Might also bring my hard topped Space Shuttle if I decide to sell/trade it and its not gone before then. Also looking for:
    Whirlwind
    White Water
    Black Knight 2000

PM sent

I have got nothing to be shamed about brother...... In fact I'm pretty proud of what we do here at PinGraffix.

We have changed the whole industry.

You have an issue with these..No problem. please return them and I will gladly refund your money.

I did loose my Mom about a month ago so that's probably when you lost contact with me.. a lot of folks did.

A few of them had some issues..not because of anything PinGraffix did but because the way the games were built from the factory which I have no control over.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Honestly, and this is why I keep forgetting to mention anything about the registration...
    That all goes through Marco. I think some years they need the games opened Thursday night. Not sure. I know when I can open and close the halls, but it's up to them to decide when they will be around, and access to the halls are limited, so it's not like you could show up at, say, 1pm and just walk in and open up a game with no one around.
    Which is a good thing of course

Ah so you're saying I should be barking up the Marco tree for details closer to the show.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah so you're saying I should be barking up the Marco tree for details closer to the show.

Yeah... my old emails show that Rachel from Marco sent out the "unboxing party" info about 2 week before the show.

(I bought a SW-Prem last year under the show deal... everything went smoothly from both Marco & MGC. Don't sweat it.)

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I have got nothing to be shamed about brother...... In fact I'm pretty proud of what we do here at PinGraffix.
    We have changed the whole industry.

not for the better, remember when people used to actually play pinball rather than just stare at it like in a museum?

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

not for the better, remember when people used to actually play pinball rather than just stare at it like in a museum?

Well... hmmm.

Perhaps the few thousand customers that order from us are wrong then?

IDK

To each is own right??

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead86:

So far I’m bringing
    Data East Batman
    Checkpoint
    Doctor Who
    Possibly others haven’t decided yet

Change of plans I will not be bringing a Checkpoint but earthshaker instead

#116 5 years ago

Do many people bring external subs? I don't remember seeing many. I know we don't want any machine too loud, but CSI is one that really benefits from a sub to fill out the sound. Is theft an issue?

#117 5 years ago

It's just not really the type of environment where you really get to experience much from a sound perspective. There's sometimes a machine that's way too loud, and becomes an annoyance. I think I'd save myself the hassle and leave it behind.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's just not really the type of environment where you really get to experience much from a sound perspective. There's sometimes a machine that's way too loud, and becomes an annoyance. I think I'd save myself the hassle and leave it behind.

I second that. Subs will just make it worse. When one person brings a sub then many others turn it up. It just becomes a wall of noise.

#119 5 years ago

Please do not bring external subs. It will get drowned out anyway, and if it doesn't, that means it's being obnoxious. And besides that, power outlets are sometimes at a premium in places and that is not a good use of our power. Hope you understand...it's just not the right environment for that all around.

#120 5 years ago

Anyone have WPC Era playfields for sale or trade?

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Please do not bring external subs. It will get drowned out anyway, and if it doesn't, that means it's being obnoxious. And besides that, power outlets are sometimes at a premium in places and that is not a good use of our power. Hope you understand...it's just not the right environment for that all around.

Fair enough. That's why I asked.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Well... hmmm.
    Perhaps the few thousand customers that order from us are wrong then?
    IDK
    To each is own right??

People can absolutely do what they want. It does not change the fact that adding them does not make it better. Sure it's changed, but a lot of people would rather spend on games, not add on stuff. Buy enough extra junk and that's a machine you can't afford

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have WPC Era playfields for sale or trade?

I have a fish tales I would consider selling

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

People can absolutely do what they want. It does not change the fact that adding them does not make it better. Sure it's changed, but a lot of people would rather spend on games, not add on stuff. Buy enough extra junk and that's a machine you can't afford

Hello. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but may I ask you take this conversation out of the MGC bringing thread. It’s really has now become off topic. Let’s keep this a positive bringing machine threads to MGC. Every year someone takes advantage of the popularity of this thread to air out dirty laundry. And I am politely asking you to please keep this thread about bringing games and related and to not bag on possibile vendors.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but may I ask you take this conversation out of the MGC bringing thread. It’s really has now become off topic. Let’s keep this a positive bringing machine threads to MGC. Every year someone takes advantage of the popularity of this thread to air out dirty laundry. And I am politely asking you to please keep this thread about bringing games and related and to not bag on possibile vendors.

umm no, its a discussion. He stated he's changed pinball. I commented. That's what this place is for. There was nothing offensive said. What dirty laundry?

#126 5 years ago

This really isn't a place to discuss whether or not you like or don't like mods, pinstadium or whatever. It's a place to discuss buying/selling/trading/game-bringing at a specific event. If you have beef with Pingraffix, open up a new thread or take it to PM.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

This really isn't a place to discuss whether or not you like or don't like mods, pinstadium or whatever. It's a place to discuss buying/selling/trading/game-bringing at a specific event. If you have beef with Pingraffix, open up a new thread or take it to PM.

When did I say I have a problem with them?

#128 5 years ago

I'm looking for an X-MEN LE (Magneto) if anyone has one to bring to MGC to sell.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

When did I say I have a problem with them?

Fine, you don't have a problem with them. I'm asking politely to please take any further discussion with PinGraffix elsewhere.

PinGraffix commented off of someone bringing a game to MGC and [hopefully] resolving an issue with that game, which is on-topic for the thread.

If you have a game to bring, sell/trade or are looking to buy; by all means post and I'll add it to the list.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Fine, you don't have a problem with them. I'm asking politely to please take any further discussion with PinGraffix elsewhere.
    PinGraffix commented off of someone bringing a game to MGC and [hopefully] resolving an issue with that game, which is on-topic for the thread.
    If you have a game to bring, sell/trade or are looking to buy; by all means post and I'll add it to the list.

no, the comment was in direct response to a comment in this thread. I have not been talking about them since then. you do not get to decide what is acceptable to you on a discussion board and what needs to be removed. You aren't the mods or owner.
    What I bring will be determined a day or 2 before I leave for the show.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

no, the comment was in direct response to a comment in this thread. I have not been talking about them since then. you do not get to decide what is acceptable to you on a discussion board and what needs to be removed. You aren't the mods or owner.
    What I bring will be determined a day or 2 before I leave for the show.

ok.gifok.gif

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

You aren't the mods or owner.

Dude, he's the OP, this is his thread. You should respect that.

#133 5 years ago

So, uhm.... Cool.

In other, actual show news, we're looking at adding some things for the after party this year. Thinking about giving away a Megatouch game or something like that which would be small enough to fit in a car with other machines.

Any thoughts? My friend had one of these and my son loved it, and it seems like the right size to get and not have to figure out crazy transportation stuff.

#134 5 years ago

Oh hey, alao, game bringers will get a chance to purchase the new MGC NES game badge Bovinium Quest outside of the VIG package. Cost is yet to be finalized as it depends on part cost.

If you'd like to see what the game is going to be like check out https://www.bovinium.com

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Oh hey, alao, game bringers will get a chance to purchase the new MGC NES game badge Bovinium Quest outside of the VIG package. Cost is yet to be finalized as it depends on part cost.
    If you'd like to see what the game is going to be like check out https://www.bovinium.com

That'd be awesome! I'd be interested to hear what pricing might be. More games to add to my "to play" list, lol.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

That'd be awesome! I'd be interested to hear what pricing might be. More games to add to my "to play" list, lol.

We're shooting for a $45 price point for regular sales at the show. The "contributor" version (should be it's own color shell) will probably be just a bit more than half that. It largely depends on how many get produced in total, and I haven't yet gotten final pricing for all the parts.

#137 5 years ago

Jason,
    Put me down for
    Totan
    Whitewater

and predator will be there, but not sure where in the show yet Hopefully Galloping Ghost get some exposure on this

So far I also have 6 CGC games coming
    2 x AFM classics with color upgrade
    AFM Special Edition
    2 x MBr classics
    MBR Special Edition

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

nice, yes this all happen anywhere near MGC tree farm? or countryside around milwaukee? is there a special snow boss mode? ha looks fun.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

nice, yes this all happen anywhere near MGC tree farm? or countryside around milwaukee? is there a special snow boss mode? ha looks fun.

The hope is to work in some inside jokes from the show too. That's like, the last priority though as obviously game play is more important. But yes, as is the running gag this year from everyone creating for the show, the coats they are wearing specifically come from last year...

1 week later
    #140 5 years ago

Anyone planning to bring game of thrones or family guy?

#141 5 years ago

WTB a nice TSPP, will be at the show. Pm me

#142 5 years ago

I'll be selling a few parts - is this the right thread to announce them or will we be having another "MGC Rummage Sale" thread like last year?

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I'll be selling a few parts - is this the right thread to announce them or will we be having another "MGC Rummage Sale" thread like last year?

Go for it here

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

ChrisS or myself have started a separate thread in years past. But if the op animesuperj doesn’t mind I think it’s ok to mix. It ends being about 100 posts.

#145 5 years ago

I bought a game through the MGC show special so I have to take it home sunday. Do I need to bring my own dolly, shrink wrap to wrap the head to the body, etc? Or is that kind of stuff provided at MGC? Sorry this is my first pinball show.

#146 5 years ago

This just went out to our email list... In case you're not on it, here you go. If you did not get the email and are planning to bring a game, please register with us so we have a better idea what's coming (see below).

Thanks!

Hello from the 2019 Midwest Gaming Classic arcade hall!

It's hard to believe that we are already just one month out from this years show. It has been a crazy year for yours truly and I apologize that this is the first official email you've gotten from us. Normally I would try and reach out just after the New Year to start getting you guys thinking and excited about the show. So, while it didn't happen this year we'll strive to do a better job of keeping you guys in the loop earlier next year.

Let me start off by saying a sincere THANK YOU to all of you who came out and supported the show last year. The move to the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee was exciting and scary all at the same time. The first year at a new venue is always a challenge. As many of you are aware, last year was no exception. We got a double whammy last year with mother nature dumping snow all day on Sunday plus the Center putting unexpected requirements on us during load-out. While we can't control mother nature, we do have some pull on the other. We had a plan in place for load-out that we believe would have worked. But, at the last minute the center changed how it was supposed to work and created a hassle for everyone. We sincerely apologize for any frustrations and delays it might have cost you guys. We worked with the Center during the "off-season" and have agreement on how load-out will work this year. So, the issues of last year shouldn't happen again. In addition, we will have a group of professional movers available to assist you with loading your machines (if you wish for more help) once the show closes on Sunday. Thank you for your patience while we worked this stuff out.

If you are planning to bring machine(s) this year and have not yet let us know, please reply to this email with what you're planning on bringing. You may also go to this website and fill out the form in the middle of the page. THANK YOU!
    https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-machines/

We've got some cool new benefits this year as a way of saying thank you for lugging your games to the show. For each game you bring, you'll receive a commerative keychain that designates that the machine was an official MGC show game. In addition, each person who brings at least one machine will receive special, exclusive MGC shirt made just for you. We hope you like what we've come up with!

Instructions for bringing your games is copied below. This can also be found on the website linked above. Please note that the times the dock is open this year HAS changed. Please see the timing below. Also, as a reminder, if a game is removed from the show floor prior to Sunday afternoon, you will forfeit any unused benefits.

Please let me know if you have any questions! See you soon!
    Keith

BRINGING YOUR GAME(S)
    Following these step-by-step instructions to bring a game or games to the show! between 10am and 10pm on Friday, April 12th or between 8am-9:30am on Saturday, April 13th.

1. Upon arrival at the Wisconsin Center, you (the game bringer) will sign in and be directed to the gameroom hall ramp.
    2. Once parked near the gameroom hall ramp, unload your game with MGC arcade hall personnel in specified “set up” location. To ensure a fast moving drop off procedure, you will not be setting up your game at this time. Instead, we will give you a “set up” pass to return to set it up after you park your car.
    3. Move your car from the loading dock, park it and come back to the gameroom with your set up pass from the usual, “guest” side of the show. Note: If you expect to have a trailer, please use the contact form below so we can help ensure it has a place to go at the show. Trailers may be directed to off site parking.
    4. Set up your game where the MGC arcade hall personnel directs you too.
    5. Register your game to get your “welcome” packet including machine rewards, and enjoy the show! If setting up Friday, we would suggest looking into either visiting Tom Taylor’s Open House or taking part in our Friday Night Preview events. Note, due to their extremely limited nature, neither of these are part of our regular rewards.

Game removal times are expected to be Saturday, April 13th from 7pm-8pm or Sunday from 3:30pm-11pm. Game removal at other times may be accommodated by the Wisconsin Center by paying a $50 “dock fee” to get the personnel open docks at that time. This is per-vehicle feee.

1. Pack up your machine and move it our “prepped for removal” area in the back of the game hall.
    2. MGC move out staff will give you a gameroom pick up pass. You will need this pass to return to the loading dock, so please keep it with you.
    3. Retrieve your vehicle and come to the Wisconsin Center loading dock with your pass to get access.
    4. MGC move out staff will check for a pass and direct you up the load out ramp. At the top of the ramp, MGC move out staff will further direct you where to go.
    5. Once you are parked, you may get your machine and start to load it. MGC move out staff will check your ownership information, and is available to help you load your machine into your vehicle if you wish! Additionally, we will have hand trucks available to help move games.
    6. Once loaded, drive down the exit ramp and leave the Wisconsin Center knowing that awesome you and your awesome game(s) brought happiness to more than 10,000 gamers for the weekend… WOW!

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I bought a game through the MGC show special so I have to take it home sunday. Do I need to bring my own dolly, shrink wrap to wrap the head to the body, etc? Or is that kind of stuff provided at MGC? Sorry this is my first pinball show.

We will have dollies and people who can help. Usually, everyone has their own shrink wrap, padding, etc as everyone likes to do this to different levels/extremes. But everyone is usually very helpful and willing to share if you ask nicely.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would (and do) bring my own dolly and tools. Although the show has a dolly, it does not mean one will be available when you want it.

#149 5 years ago

I heard that if you purchase from "The King in the North" that he will help you breakdown, wrap and load....

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I heard that if you purchase from "The King in the North" that he will help you breakdown, wrap and load....

Doesn't get any better than that.

There are 442 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2019-bringing-selling-trading-list/page/3?hl=marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.