Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Well you see, it's this show that people who love what they do, put tons of time and energy into doing the best thing they can do. Organizers and volunteers actually enjoy what they're doing and it shows in the end result, and how they treat their attendees, helpers, vendors, and exhibitors. Then those helpers, vendors, exhibitors, and even attendees do what they can to make the show the best it can be. Amazing stuff!
    You should check it out!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Wait...we are supposed to be having fun and loving what we do? Why didn't you tell us sooner???

Yea...I'll probably be there if I can remember where to find it...

4 months later
    #296 8 years ago

Heading out in a few minutes to help start laying things out and getting Doc Oct ready for Ken to work his electric voodoo magic. Not looking forward to the back breaking, but definitely looking forward to the friends and the craziness! See you all soon!

#509 8 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hide20160410_113602_(resized).jpg

Pretty sure my wife and I talked to you guys briefly right before you played this split flipper game on WrestleMania! I was waiting to play with my daughter and you told us the story about why John Cena is your favorite. Hope you guys had an awesome time...sure looks like it from your pics! That's what makes all the hard work of the weekend worth while. Hope to see you back next year!
    Chris

#517 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Although you say you don't intend on changing it, may I suggest you offer two AP entries to people who bring one machine that is substantially better than average (rare, brand new, expensive or otherwise special). This may allow you to improve overall machine quality by rejecting lesser machines that occupy floor space, and allow single-vehicle travelers a chance at the AP.

Better than average according to who? As one of only a handful of guys trying to coordinate the insanity that happens during load-in, no way am I going to take responsibility for determining who has the "more deserving" games. :/

I have to say, I'm getting pretty annoyed at people thinking if they bring a shinier game, they are somehow better than someone who can only bring a "beater". Not every machine needs to be a beauty queen. Some people only can afford a "rough" EM, and you know what...that's OK. I'm not going to tell them sorry...yours just isn't that good. If you decide to bring a "special" machine, it should be because of your desire to share it, not because you expect better treatment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2016-official-thread?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.