Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 8 years ago

apparently, I need to get my act together quickly to get reservations and such in order.

dan:
    how does one go about becoming a "vendor" to set up a table (multiple tables)? I would really love to bring a good portion of my sealed game collection and try to unload a good portion of it (over 2,000 sealed games)

2 months later
    #91 8 years ago

I will be in the vendor tent under the guise of "digital rats nest"

I hope to have a good portion of my goods cataloged prior to the beginning of april that I will make available (in spreadsheet form). if there's anything special that people here want me to bring and potentially hold ahead of time for them

lots of sealed video games, japanese gaming magazines and video game related goodies (candy toys, figures, promo items from years of attending E3, etc...)

2 months later
    #178 8 years ago

in addition to a huge assortment of sealed videogame and videogame related merchandise, I'll have 5 or 6 run-dmd clock kits (for the red, green (avengers LE) or blue (avatar LE) stern sized LED panels) available for sale at my booth.

with the kit, all you need to supply is the stern LED panel from a machine where you've got an extra lying about after installing a ColorDMD or SmartDMD solution (everything else is included, even the tools). I've made the assembly process so quick & painless that if you can use a allen wrench, you should be able to assemble the kit in 10 mins or less.

I'll also have one last HUB08 sized run-dmd clock from the last run for sale.

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

do you have a link to those kits to see? I vaguely remember them and they were neat!

here's a link to the thread for the new kits
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-stern-sized-dmd-frames#post-3054591

note: the kits were specifically made for the stern LED panels, which have been shipping with all of their latest games (iron man ve, spider-man ve, metallica, ac/dc, kiss, wwe, the walking dead, avatar, game of thrones, etc...)

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Just to confirm this for you, I believe you mean IMVE and SMVE. My original IM has a non-LED panel.

correct. all of the stern games that used the low voltage LED (not high voltage plasma) displays

I'll post photos once I receive the new legs that I'm having laser cut. I'm actually really happy with this design. minimal parts, compact design and easy to assemble. it took me a few tries to get everything just right, but I think that my time and effort paid off given the end result

1 week later
    #284 8 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

I always stay at the doubletree. Helps me decompress.

I was going for quadrupletree. I was almost there!
    - mitch hedberg

#446 8 years ago

just wanted to say hats off to all of the people that made the midwest gaming classic possible.

this was my first jump into vending (outside of the little KoC shows) and although I'm still exhausted (even with an extra day to recoup before heading back to the office job this morning), it was a blast. non-stop customers who were for the most part, very friendly and easy to deal with. all of the other vendors were fantastic too!

the stern sized run-dmd clock was up and running all weekend and got plenty of looks of amazement from non-pinball people

the only thing that I would change (if possible) is the way the vendor tent is constructed. I spoke with Aaron Katz, and he mentioned that they may try and go with a semi-permanent structure for next year (which I would be 100% in agreement with

I was interviewed on channel 12 (WISN) news with Van McNeil on saturday morning, right before the show opened and not 5 minutes later, all of the condensation from the heat rising inside of the tent and the cold weather outside caused a mini storm front to move across 2 of my 3 tables literally raining down on all of my expensive collectibles. fortunately, quick hands and cool heads prevailed and we were able to move things out of the way for the next 90 minutes until the mini-rainstorm finally dissipated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2016-official-thread?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.