Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#414 8 years ago

Wow, that was fun!

First - thanks to all those that help with the event. Those guys are running around all weekend just trying to make sure everyone else can have a great time. THANK YOU!

We skipped most of the stuff on Friday, instead our group got a table at Friday's at Miller Park. It's really the only way I care to see a game. It seems like we missed out on a pretty good time, but we got a chance to hang out for a while after we got back.

I actually got to bed at a decent time on Friday, so I managed to get up and check things out at 10am on Saturday. I played in the tournament, but really did pretty poor. The format seems good though - 2 tries on each machine, and an average of those scores. It really rewards consistency, which I did not have.

I love walking around all the other areas of the show. I make a pass through pretty much every room just to check out what's going on. The guys in the basement always seem to be having a good time.

The vendor hall is really impressive.. It seems like that really got figured out, it was always at a good temperature, and dry! The music was great, it was loud enough to please those watching, but not too loud to prevent you from making deals with the vendors (at least not while I was in there). I was looking for some classic games, so I spent a lot of time out there browsing.

Saturday night I was thoroughly intoxicated, but had an absolute blast! Ghostbusters seems really fun - if I didn't feel like I might be missing something on the premium, I'd order a Pro right now. It was VERY cool of Dominos to donate all of that pizza!

I brought a couple of games, but sold both (before the show, actually). That made my Sunday a lot more relaxing than normal. It was great to be able to just hang out for a while before packing it in and heading for home. I learned quickly that taking off on Monday is a necessity, I've never once regretted that decision.

Thanks to everyone, it was really fun to hang out and have a few beers with all of you!

#440 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Then we went to check out the vendor hall. Plenty of games available, but after seeing the prices that some games go for I am very glad that I got the bulk of my collection several years.

Same here. I pretty much only care to collect SNES stuff. I'm always really interested to see what Earthbound is going for - it's one of my favorite games, and I have it complete. They had one complete copy there that I saw, listed at $850!! I had to say I contemplated putting it up for sale when I got back and just grabbing one of those ROM flashed cartridges (how are those legal??). The only things I really look to buy are the Mega Man X2 and X3, but they're never ever priced under $100 for just the cartridge. I'm wondering if the bottom falls out of that market after those ROM cartridges - it's really the first I've ever heard of them, and seeing their presence made me question whether I want to continue collecting.

#539 8 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

there were roughly 30 games in isles that needed to be placed in the morning.

I was amazed at the difference in scene between Friday night and Saturday morning - where did those machines go?!?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2016-official-thread?tu=deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.