Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i may be doing the same trip with a game from Wisconsin to Texas to come see that show.

Have you decided how you will be attending MGC this year? Vendor or not? I don't care either way as long as I get to hang with KINGPIN!

1 week later
    #92 8 years ago

Any word on XBOX tourneys? My kids are so excited to go back and live in the basement again this year.

1 week later
    #98 8 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

Any chance the MPC could please have a lineup other than Metallica and Super Soccer for the 3rd (4th?) year in a row?

Agree.

1 week later
    #104 8 years ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

This will be my first year at MGC. Is there an alcohol policy in place for the event? For sale at hotel? BYOB? Dry? Same question for the Tom Taylor open house event. Thanks in advance. I don't want to cause trouble if I carry in a sixer for the day.

I've walked around the last 2 years with a cocktail in my hand all weekend. No problems at all. Well, except for the guy who tripped on a taped down power cord and soaked me and a sweet ass Metalica. Up to the room to change and back playing pinball in 10 minutes.
    Tom's might be a bit different. There is an area with a couple of booths but being holy pinball ground I would forgo the drinks for the short time you get to be there. Up to Tom and Dan ultimately I would think.

2 weeks later
    #115 8 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

Exactly 6 weeks from today, right now, I'll be playing a sub-par round of pingolf and struggling through clock chaos and HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE doing it.

+1

3 weeks later
    #162 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I know there is food over at the mall just across the way, but food carts are all the rage and some better options.

That's the first time I've heard that a food truck is a better option than a restaurant.
    More convenient for us MGC junkies though.
    Everyone raved at the subs last year! Is Jersey Mikes (or whoever they were) going to be back this year? Sure hope so.

1 week later
    #214 8 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Any guesses what the tournament game Dan has chosen but not yet shared might be?

I'm guessing Walking Dead!

#242 8 years ago

Just when you think it can't get any better. Nice!

#254 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

PM sent. As indicated previously, anyone that wants early drop off needs to contact me. It's so I can swap contact info and figure out times. The general, free-for-all setup starts at 1pm.
    Keith

PM sent.

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I'm guessing Walking Dead!

Am I good or am I good!?

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'm okay with it waiting a few days. And seriously, what the heck with the cold. Just got some new heaters...

Sorry Dan, I'm with Tom on this one. MGC WOO HOO!!!

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Ken, you're just lucky it wasn't Star Trek or Melody!

I'd take my chances 9 times out of 10 against you on Melody before taking another whoopin on ST!

Bummed Chris S had to give up his room and Tom T tickets

#294 8 years ago

Officially off work for the next 6 days. For me, MGC weekend has arrived!! Going to stock up on sleep now! Later today I'll tackle Doc Oc!!

#307 8 years ago

Chris already got a splinter. From my game!!

Doc Oc just about ready!!!

#315 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Coming!!!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

Phrasing!!

#346 8 years ago

What a great first night.

#372 8 years ago

I won pin golf! On Neo's Spooky!!

#409 8 years ago

Only my 3rd MGC but my favorite yet! Sorry to Chris S who loves the updates. I failed you miserably. But once I park my vehicle on Friday, I pretty much close out the entire rest of the world. I like to pack so much in that I forgo almost everything (even sleep) except my sons and MGC.
    Thanks to the ~500 volunteers who make it so special. Special thanks to the guy with the broom and dustpan (pic below) sweeping the cement at the entrance to the vendor tent early this morning!! And the guy lugging boxes of shirts at the end of today (photo did not turn out but it was Dan).
    Was very cool to officially meet Rob Anthony and his beautiful dog.
    Putting faces to MANY pinside names was great too. Thanks to Troy for the back box lock!
    I could go on for pages and still not thank everyone for the fun games and conversation. Chubby Rubbers???
    Last thanks goes out to David Pizon for a massive compliment he paid me that put me on cloud 9.
    See you guys soonish.
    /rant
    rant/ we also need a pro to help Gary with his TRON. Having some issues and I'm guessing he enjoys it more at home than I do at MGC, and that's a lot!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#434 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ken (unstoppable) Kulig

With chaos and golf it was a bit hectic but I really had fun going from machine to machine to machine... Less time to be nervous and more time to have fun! Thanks Neo and Hilton. Full Chaos results anywhere?

#441 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

You know a con is worth going to when you cannot possibly do everything you want to do in the time allotted.

Not for lack of trying though! You guys were busy. I didn't see you mention the museum. The first time I walked in there the nostalgia was almost overpowering! This year the museum really made me miss my Amiga 500. Glad you guys had a great time!

#443 8 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

Actually, they did!
    Running the seminars, I spend almost all of MGC at/behind the bar.
    Lindy, who has been bartending for us every year we have been at the Sheraton, said the hotel ordered five extra kegs of Spotted Cow, just for MGC. They were gone by Saturday late afternoon or early evening! At that point, she was serving lots and lots of bottles of it...I guess I wouldn't have been surprised if those were gone by Sunday!
    It's pretty funny...everyone that lives north of the "Cheddar Curtain" thinks nothing of Spotted Cow. Yes, it's a great beer, but is readily available in the area. However, it is *not* available south of the border! With many people attending the show from the Chicago area and elsewhere, it's a true novelty!
    -Mark

Great job running those seminars Mark! Video looked great when I had to watch the TV because it was so packed for the Diebolds. Audio was phenomenal too. Except for poor Jerry from Multimorphic. Ever figure out what was causing that?
    Also, not sure if you saw but someone asked if the recordings would be available sometime.

#445 8 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

Thanks!
    We were fortunate enough to have a small budget this year, to upgrade/replace the projector and screen, with two 55" TV's and a camera.
    Much credit also goes out to Jason, who provided the lighting and sound, as well as making introductions.
    I'm not sure what the issue was during the first part of Gerry's seminar. We used the exact same set up the night before, without any issues, and didn't have them later on, either!
    Dan will have to answer the question on the recordings...we have a few memory cards of seminars that need to be dumped onto a computer, be edited, and then uploaded somewhere.
    -Mark

Dan/Mark: Let me know if you need help with this. My daughter has taken an interest in video editing (I'm more of an audio guy with a background in radio). She just finished editing ALL the video she recorded for the boys basketball team. I bought her a nice Sony software package but the poor girl had to use a less than stellar web based program but still did a great job. I would of course help her as she is 15. Might take a bit as she has school and track and I of course have work. But the price is right

#447 8 years ago

Speaking of vendors. Does anyone know who the vendor is with the WW2 father who helps out? I gave my oldest $90 to spend in the tent and the father sold him a $120 Halo Xbox (plus accessories) for the $90. It made my son happy and taught him to at least try even if you don't have enough money. I wanted to thank them personally but they were gone when I got there.

#462 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

There were 2 iron mans with color. Which one won?

The one right next to CCC. Both E's.

#487 8 years ago

Dave B at 2:51!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2016-official-thread?tu=PinballKen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.