Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 563 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
    #251 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll be there early on Friday.

How early on Friday can I drop my games off? Earlier the better for me.

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

How early on Friday can I drop my games off? Earlier the better for me.

I think around 10?

I am not sure how early they allow games to be dropped off on Friday.

Jazman, Tully, Tom... What do you say?

#253 8 years ago

PM sent. As indicated previously, anyone that wants early drop off needs to contact me. It's so I can swap contact info and figure out times. The general, free-for-all setup starts at 1pm.

Keith

#254 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

PM sent. As indicated previously, anyone that wants early drop off needs to contact me. It's so I can swap contact info and figure out times. The general, free-for-all setup starts at 1pm.
    Keith

PM sent.

#255 8 years ago

Just curious if anyone else got a PDF by email earlier today with updated tickets that they were unable to print? I did request a new PDF, but am wondering if anyone knows if the original tickets would still work or perhaps we will be able to get sorted when we arrive in Milwaukee. Thanks!

#256 8 years ago

I got the email (and I had NOT requested a new PDF), but I didn't look at it until just now, because I already had everything printed and laid out by my suitcase. The new PDF is 3 pages, but only the first page has anything on it. It's my 2 day pass, but the number is different than the one I already have. No new VIG ticket was received.

So now I'm confused.

#257 8 years ago

Our ticketing system messed up. It's supposed to send everyone an auto reminder with their tickets attached so it's handy (in case they didn't bring them and the old email isn't easy to find). It screwed up tickets.

We're on it fixing it now, but yeesh, not good. Not sure how to fix it just yet, we're trying to figure out the extent of the error.

#258 8 years ago

Ok - looks like the re-issued link was able to generate the correct tickets

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I'm guessing Walking Dead!

Am I good or am I good!?

#260 8 years ago

MGC can't get here soon enough!

#261 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

MGC can't get here soon enough!

I'm okay with it waiting a few days. And seriously, what the heck with the cold. Just got some new heaters...

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'm okay with it waiting a few days. And seriously, what the heck with the cold. Just got some new heaters...

Sorry Dan, I'm with Tom on this one. MGC WOO HOO!!!

#263 8 years ago

Speakers are up! Pinball line up is...

Saturday
    1pm – Butch Peel: Jersey Jack Pinball Update
    1:30pm – Gary Stern: Pinball Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
    4pm – John Trudeau and Jeremy Packer: Who are you Gonna Call? Ghostbusters Pinball!
    7:30pm – Jim Schelberg: PINBALL: Obsessively Hiding Your Gun While Barenaked and Drunk (Jim's will go a little past official show close, so you can hang out while waiting for the After Party to start!)

Sunday, April 10th
    11am – Gerry Stellenberg: Multimorphic and the P3 Pinball Platform
    1pm – Don Caldwell and Mark Bakula: The History of Pinball

#264 8 years ago

I'm looking to buy 1 VIG ticket for Friday night. If anyone has an extra one please let me know. Thank you

#265 8 years ago

Hey All,

Just cancelled my hotel at the Sheraton. Go and get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

PinballKen said:I'm guessing Walking Dead!
    Am I good or am I good!?

Ken, you're just lucky it wasn't Star Trek or Melody!

#267 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Speakers are up! Pinball line up is...
    Saturday
    1pm – Butch Peel: Jersey Jack Pinball Update
    1:30pm – Gary Stern: Pinball Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
    4pm – John Trudeau and Jeremy Packer: Who are you Gonna Call? Ghostbusters Pinball!
    7:30pm – Jim Schelberg: PINBALL: Obsessively Hiding Your Gun While Barenaked and Drunk (Jim's will go a little past official show close, so you can hang out while waiting for the After Party to start!)
    Sunday, April 10th
    11am – Gerry Stellenberg: Multimorphic and the P3 Pinball Platform
    1pm – Don Caldwell and Mark Bakula: The History of Pinball

So is this list accurate? Lots of speakers missing from the previous list of guests.

#268 8 years ago

Thanks for posting the lineup!

I would love to see the Multimorphic presentation but I'll only be there Saturday.

#269 8 years ago

Less than a week... really looking forward to MGC as always! We'll have the entire crew, including Mr. Fawzma to make on the spot code tweaks over the weekend on the Rob Zombie Spookshow International game in our booth.

The Spooky sponsored Cosplay contest is at 7:00 Saturday... with some pro help this year from "Bright Eyes Cosplay"... now what are we gonna wear?! KT was thinking about being a Koala (thanks to Dom & Chris from Pizza n' Pinball)... maybe I should be a eucalyptus tree???

#271 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

So is this list accurate? Lots of speakers missing from the previous list of guests.

The others listed are VIPs who will be at the show and hanging out throughout the weekend. Look for their large VIP badges.

While we have a ton of VIPs that are coming to the show, we are not the best show for seminars. That is BY FAR Pinball Expo. We have two days to cover way more topics than what Pinball Expo does in their time for just one, so it ends up like that.

Having said that, all of those on the earlier list are confirmed to be there, and we have actually added some more today!

#272 8 years ago

Hey All,

So I have 4 Tom Taylor tickets I can't use now because of work. Not sure if they will be transferable but I would hate the 4 people would miss out on the opportunity to check out his collection.

Hit me up if your looking for some and I will see if there is a way to send a link to print them.

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Ken, you're just lucky it wasn't Star Trek or Melody!

I'd take my chances 9 times out of 10 against you on Melody before taking another whoopin on ST!

Bummed Chris S had to give up his room and Tom T tickets

#274 8 years ago

So pumped. So much to do yet. I don't know how you guys who actually run the show do this, I'm just bringing down a truck full of warehouse games and I'm exhausted.

#275 8 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

KT was thinking about being a Koala (thanks to Dom & Chris from Pizza n' Pinball)... maybe I should be a eucalyptus tree???

Nice!

#276 8 years ago

Thinking about attending Saturday. Is there a hotel in walking distance that has rooms still for a Saturday night stay?

#277 8 years ago

It's hard to say. I've been hearing chatter of a few people canceling their reservations at the Sheraton. There is also the partner hotel Just up the road. Google "Brookfield Wisconsin hotel" and you'll see what's near the Sheraton. if you're get a room somewhere too far to walk, you can always Uber.

#278 8 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

It's hard to say. I've been hearing chatter of a few people canceling their reservations at the Sheraton. There is also the partner hotel Just up the road. Google "Brookfield Wisconsin hotel" and you'll see what's near the Sheraton. if you're get a room somewhere too far to walk, you can always Uber.

There is nothing at the Sheraton - they are oversold.

Our partner hotel, Brookfield Suites, if you call still has limited availability from what I know. It is a half mile from the Sheraton and I don't even know if it's that long - that's the drive. They are also running a shuttle all weekend.

There are other hotels nearby, but they are all further out and / or not as nice. Hope that helps!

#280 8 years ago

Hmm looks like its gonna be another good show.
    Shame Im not going to make it this year

#281 8 years ago

I always stay at the doubletree. Helps me decompress.

#282 8 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

with the free cookie?

#283 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

with the free cookie?

Free cookies are rarely a bad thing

#284 8 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

I was going for quadrupletree. I was almost there!
    - mitch hedberg

#285 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Is there a hotel in walking distance that has rooms still for a Saturday night stay?

Nothing is walking distance with this weekend's weather, at least not for me. Mid-20s on Friday & Saturday night.

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

Shame Im not going to make it this year

Bummer, I enjoyed playing your Spectrum last year.

#287 8 years ago

Anyone else have an extra VIG ticket? Buddy who wasn't com8ng Friday is now coming down Friday.

#288 8 years ago

Anyone have a gottlieb sys 3 flipper and a few rubbers for a sling?

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone have a gottlieb sys 3 flipper and a few rubbers for a sling?

I think I have an old spare bat I can bring if you need.

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I think I have an old spare bat I can bring if you need.

That would be great! I think both are cracked :/ but holding well..so far. I'll buy some at Mgc if anyone has them otherwise. I appreciate it!

On another note.. I know John? Is usually at Mgc fixing boards. Anyone know of any place or person that does original Chexx board repair?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#291 8 years ago

They had a meeting to name the hotel. It was quite short. Someone said Tree. No. How about Doubletree? Hell ya, meeting adjourned.

Quoted from j_m_:

I was going for quadrupletree. I was almost there!
    - mitch hedberg

#292 8 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

They had a meeting to name the hotel. It was quite short. Someone said Tree. No. How about Doubletree? Hell ya, meeting adjourned.

Two trees are better than one right?! I mean you need two to pollinate fruit trees

#293 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Bummer, I enjoyed playing your Spectrum last year.

No worries ill be back next year wife is flying in Saturday afternoon so need to be in Chicago early afternoon to pick her up.

#294 8 years ago

Officially off work for the next 6 days. For me, MGC weekend has arrived!! Going to stock up on sleep now! Later today I'll tackle Doc Oc!!

#296 8 years ago

Heading out in a few minutes to help start laying things out and getting Doc Oct ready for Ken to work his electric voodoo magic. Not looking forward to the back breaking, but definitely looking forward to the friends and the craziness! See you all soon!

#297 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Officially off work for the next 6 days. For me, MGC weekend has arrived!! Going to stock up on sleep now! Later today I'll tackle Doc Oc!!

Replace sleep with drinking!

#298 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Heading out in a few minutes to help start laying things out and getting Doc Oct ready for Ken to work his electric voodoo magic. Not looking forward to the back breaking, but definitely looking forward to the friends and the craziness! See you all soon!

I have to remember to bring my moving gloves!

#299 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I have to remember to bring my moving gloves!

Real men don't wear gloves.

#300 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Real men don't wear gloves.

True. I'm spineless.
    I had a good splinter go through my hand one year under a cabinet and since I work with my hands all day, I need them.

No hand jokes JediTurtle.

There are 563 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2016-official-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.