3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 563 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

respectfully disagree.
    Want to get into the after party, then there is only 1 criteria... Bring a game to share. After party is one of the best things about bringing a game. Take away that incentive and fewer games will show up IMO.

Sorry that's not the only criteria. There are people in attendance that themselves didn't bring a game. Plenty of people with friends that had extra tickets, people that bought tickets from those with extra games/tickets, the VIPs, etc. If you offer a decent cash prize for winning a certain category, I'd bet you'd see better games showing up.

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

Just a thought, but offer a limited number of tickets to the Saturday After Party for sale. $50-100 a pop, use that cash to fund prizes for the people that bring games. You sell 50 tickets at $50, and you've got $2500 in cash to give out for Best in Show, or whatever. That would be a pretty nice incentive to bring a top notch game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#503 3 years ago

Right now, you require a phone number on each machine. How about posting owner's name or company name on every machine along with the phone number for repairs? It's easy to bring lesser machines when no one knows it's yours. Add peer pressure and public shaming to the mix and I think quality could improve.

Think of it in Expo terms: I know if I see Chicago Pinball Mafia labeled or Phoebe's games, I have higher expectations of quality of game and play. People tend to take more pride when their name is attached.

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

How about posting owner's name or company name on every machine along with the phone number for repairs? It's easy to bring lesser machines when no one knows it's yours.

Not that I have any real Pinside cred or fame, but I had my Pinside badge on my games so that people could contact me via PM as I was selling my games.

I don't know if that had any impact or not. One game went to a Pinsider and one went to a first time buyer.

MGC was great this year. It seems like we are trying to over tweak that 2% we got marked off on our A+ 98% showing.

#505 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

MGC was great this year. It seems like we are trying to over tweak that 2% we got marked off on our A+ 98% showing.

agreed! but still fun to try and do better

#506 3 years ago

It was such a blast, so well put together and so many things to do. We were there all day Saturday and Sunday and there was still more to do!!!!

20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg

#507 3 years ago

20160410_113602_(resized).jpg

#508 3 years ago

20160410_140242_(resized).jpg

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hide20160410_113602_(resized).jpg

Pretty sure my wife and I talked to you guys briefly right before you played this split flipper game on WrestleMania! I was waiting to play with my daughter and you told us the story about why John Cena is your favorite. Hope you guys had an awesome time...sure looks like it from your pics! That's what makes all the hard work of the weekend worth while. Hope to see you back next year!
    Chris

#510 3 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

Just a thought, but offer a limited number of tickets to the Saturday After Party for sale. $50-100 a pop, use that cash to fund prizes for the people that bring games. You sell 50 tickets at $50, and you've got $2500 in cash to give out for Best in Show, or whatever. That would be a pretty nice incentive to bring a top notch game.

Been discussed ad-nausea in past years (ie: selling after-party tickets)...

Short answer, not gonna happen.

Jaz

#511 3 years ago

Hell, I watched Steve Ritchie get told he couldn't go to the after party if he didn't bring a game.

Though I think they made an exception.

#512 3 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

I like this idea too, now the State of WI may say no to this but one more idea would be a 50/50 raffle to help pay for after party and fund gifts.

State of Wisconsin does say no to this.

Without going into it deeply, Gary and I had long conversations about the after party after last year and how to best make it better. One of the things we determined was to really clamp down on tickets given out to it, which we did this past year.

I know it sucks for those who cannot bring a game with them because they are flying in, car broke down, don't have enough for all the people who they want to take, can't bring more than one because the car isn't big enough, game just broke and can't fix it, or whatever. That sucks. I get it. And since you can't read into text very well, I mean no sarcasm with any excuses - it's HARD to bring a machine, it really is. I get that.

But, at least for the planned future, it's a non-starter for us to even consider after party ticket sales of any type. As I've said in the past, if that causes people to not want to bring one game to the show because they can't bring two, I get it and support it - but it's a call we made to keep the thing manageable this past year, and not one we intend on changing.

I hope people can understand.

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

One of the things we determined was to really clamp down on tickets given out to it, which we did this past year.

I really appreciate it also! This after party was the BEST ever and largely becuase you could tell that things had been clamped down on for afterparty tickets and there were fewer total people than in years past.

I still can't believe how much better everything was this past year! My favorite show and it continues to amaze me how much better it gets!!!!

#514 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I meant more so to encourage them to bring GOOD vids and leave the others at home.
    Similarly I think all shows need to start thinking about how to incentivize more based on quality of games fro pins. I know a few guys that specifically now own a "show" game. This is typically less desirable title that is pretty beat. They get it working just enough to get it in the door and set a high enough price on it that nobody in theri right mind would pay it. I even specifically heard 2 guys at expo last year talking about how they bring the same clunker to every show just to get the perks.
    More ways to incentivize more good playing and quality games (both vids and pins) is always good IMHO.
    As for vids in partciular; I really dont care for them but would have definately played that killer queen game had it come back

Yes, to bump up the quality of the machines brought to the show, you need to reward the better machines. Not just the single best-of-class winner, but a significant reward for the top-half of the heap.

I take machines to show also. And, with the risk of side art damage (not cheap to repair, find, or replace), there needs to be a significant reward for the risks taken.

By now, most pinball players recognize the risk-reward shots, and when you take them.

How did your bounty idea go? was that a success?

#515 3 years ago

I had at least 15 people ask me for an afterparty ticket. I had access to 20 of them and most went to waste. In years past, I have put up a post saying that I would give one out to someone if they were willing to help me unload/load my games. NO TAKERS on the help, but they would gladly pay me for one.

Not going to happen. And I talked to Dan and Keith about it this year how people were asking and letting them know that i respected their wishes not to sell them, etc.

Now i did give 2 of them out to people that have helped me out one way or another. By either bringing me a part that i needed, or running an errand for me. But i refuse to sell any of my spares

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

As I've said in the past, if that causes people to not want to bring one game to the show because they can't bring two, I get it and support it - but it's a call we made to keep the thing manageable this past year, and not one we intend on changing.

Quoted from scott_freeman:

Yes, to bump up the quality of the machines brought to the show, you need to reward the better machines. Not just the single best-of-class winner, but a significant reward for the top-half of the heap.

Although you say you don't intend on changing it, may I suggest you offer two AP entries to people who bring one machine that is substantially better than average (rare, brand new, expensive or otherwise special). This may allow you to improve overall machine quality by rejecting lesser machines that occupy floor space, and allow single-vehicle travelers a chance at the AP.

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Although you say you don't intend on changing it, may I suggest you offer two AP entries to people who bring one machine that is substantially better than average (rare, brand new, expensive or otherwise special). This may allow you to improve overall machine quality by rejecting lesser machines that occupy floor space, and allow single-vehicle travelers a chance at the AP.

Better than average according to who? As one of only a handful of guys trying to coordinate the insanity that happens during load-in, no way am I going to take responsibility for determining who has the "more deserving" games. :/

I have to say, I'm getting pretty annoyed at people thinking if they bring a shinier game, they are somehow better than someone who can only bring a "beater". Not every machine needs to be a beauty queen. Some people only can afford a "rough" EM, and you know what...that's OK. I'm not going to tell them sorry...yours just isn't that good. If you decide to bring a "special" machine, it should be because of your desire to share it, not because you expect better treatment.

#518 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Better than average according to who? As one of only a handful of guys trying to coordinate the insanity that happens during load-in, no way am I going to take responsibility for determining who has the "more deserving" games. :/

I'll stand behind you so I don't get hit in the face when you tell someone there games suck.

#519 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

for determining who has the "more deserving" games. :/

I can't imagine opening that ball of crap.

1 game = 1 AP tic. Keeps it simple and easy

Quoted from Jediturtle:

they are somehow better than someone who can only bring a "beater".

beaters are great, so long as they play good.

#520 3 years ago

This was my first MGC, and the after party was far and away the best part. However it's been handled in the past - I'm certainly happy with how it was this year.

One question - am I wrong in my understanding that people have gotten tickets to the afterparty in the past by helping out / donating time to the show? Like - volunteering to keep scores for the tourneys? It seems that there should be some avenue to getting a ticket other than getting someone's extra, or bringing a machine since so many people have no means to do so. Not a fan of selling them either, but some middle ground between bringing a machine or knowing the right person and just buying one would be nice. Donating time to the show itself seems a decent compromise to me.

Regardless - massive thumbs up from me. Will be attending and bringing a table again in the future for sure.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Obviously this would be arranged w Dan or show organizers well before load-in. They would be the ones deciding if a game is desirable enough for 2 admissions. They'd have to compare what is offered to current list. Even "good" games could get declined if other examples are already booked, etc.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have to say, I'm getting pretty annoyed at people thinking if they bring a shinier game, they are somehow better than someone who can only bring a "beater".

This isn't a beauty contest, it's just a way to get better games to the show and possibly accommodate out of town folks better. A way to combat those who deliberately bring "show games" just to gain admission.

#522 3 years ago

We have offered this type of option to people in the past as an alternative and, for the most part, people don't take us up on it.

Jaz

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

This was my first MGC, and the after party was far and away the best part. However it's been handled in the past - I'm certainly happy with how it was this year.
    One question - am I wrong in my understanding that people have gotten tickets to the afterparty in the past by helping out / donating time to the show? Like - volunteering to keep scores for the tourneys? It seems that there should be some avenue to getting a ticket other than getting someone's extra, or bringing a machine since so many people have no means to do so. Not a fan of selling them either, but some middle ground between bringing a machine or knowing the right person and just buying one would be nice. Donating time to the show itself seems a decent compromise to me.
    Regardless - massive thumbs up from me. Will be attending and bringing a table again in the future for sure.

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

We have offered this type of option to people in the past as an alternative and, for the most part, people don't take us up on it.
    Jaz

Their loss.

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Now i did give 2 of them out to people that have helped me out one way or another. By either bringing me a part that i needed, or running an errand for me. But i refuse to sell any of my spares

I agree. i did give a couple of mine out, but they were not sold. they went to people that had helped me out in some way or another.

#525 3 years ago

After Party: The food, libations, silent auction, etc., all icing, extraordinary icing, on an already delicious cake. The cake is that there should theoretically be one person per machine on the floor. THAT is what makes the AfterParty so rewarding for me, not having to wait long to play.

Moving a machine is no effortless task, which is why I only do it once or twice a year. There's a reason the party is so good, and it's because it's attended by the people who really care about the show, who care enough to risk their own machine being greased out by crowds and kids who mash flippers. Hell, forget the crowd, it's risk enough just wheeling a pin around, loading it in and out of a vehicle.

It is totally rad that the show is starting to pick up more notoriety with out-of-state attendance. But the AfterParty is not "pay more money, get more show", that is what Friday VIG is for. The AfterParty is "MGC Arcade Hall is ONLY possible by you, the people who bring machines. Thank you and now let's all hang together."

As others have mentioned "AfterParty tickets in exchange for help", believe me, if I had multiple machines I would LOVE to give my extra admissions to my friends BUT the clear caveat would be, "sure you can have a ticket, just come by my place and pick up the machine, transport it there, set it up, take it down on Sunday, drive it back to my house and unload it and set it up again." Really, the arcade hall at best makes up only 33% of the Midwest Gaming Classic, more like 25 or 20%. AfterParty admission should be a reward and is a great reward for people who volunteer time and effort to make the show happen. Clearly, there is a ton that goes into putting on this show besides just bringing machines (PITA as it is).

#526 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

this is a good idea. Or even for games with production runs of less than 10 maybe even 3.

I really like the way the after party is handled now. Pretty much one body per machine on the floor. Whether or not they brought the machine, or gave a handy J to someone that brought 2, doesn't matter. The more bodies at the party, means the more games that are there. All of us have friends that don't own games, or unable to. So if you have the ability to bring 2 and share the experience with them. So much the better. Between the best in show contest, and the afterparty and free entry, it's more than worth it for me to bring a game or 2 every year. Now if there is a super double jackpot, for bringing exceptionally nice or rare games, i'm all for that too, since that's usually what I bring. Unless it's super soccer, then i'm bringing it so people can bitch about it in tournament. > YEA in your faces!!!!!

#527 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

That is an option that is always on the table, but as Keith noted is surprisingly rarely picked up on by people. I have general rule of thumbs that I follow, but just as a for instances... Jim runs our tournaments, many of you know him. He rarely brings a machine. He also spends the whole show time at the machines taking scores. He gets a ticket to the after party because of that. It isn't *just* him that gets it too, but a couple handfuls of people. A lot of our people who volunteer don't go to the after party though.

Quoted from mr2xbass:

It is totally rad that the show is starting to pick up more notoriety with out-of-state attendance. But the AfterParty is not "pay more money, get more show", that is what Friday VIG is for. The AfterParty is "MGC Arcade Hall is ONLY possible by you, the people who bring machines. Thank you and now let's all hang together."

Yay! You get it! VIG was created because of two things - we had a ton of people asking for another date, and they wanted it to be limited. Technically, VIG is more limited than the After Party is, and it takes a while to sell out. I'm also fascinated by how Tom's never sells out instantly. If you want a truly limited After Party like experience, yeah, you come a day earlier, but it's hard to beat 350+ working machines for four hours.

Quoted from mr2xbass:

Really, the arcade hall at best makes up only 33% of the Midwest Gaming Classic, more like 25 or 20%. AfterParty admission should be a reward and is a great reward for people who volunteer time and effort to make the show happen. Clearly, there is a ton that goes into putting on this show besides just bringing machines (PITA as it is).

Here's what's both kind of funny and sad about this whole thing... First off, the after party is great and I don't want to change it. There is a lot that we do differently than other shows perhaps to our detriment (closing the show at 8pm?! CRAZY!) but it's to thank people... so, here's the crazy thing...

Throughout the content rooms, similar after-parties go on for the majority of the content at the show! We are tied in directly to the arcade and museum ones (providing food and whatnot), but there were at least six other parties going on by other folks. If you looked at my Facebook feed, I have pictures of stuff happening all over the show.

Due to the quantity of the people involved, the arcade after party is the one that takes up the most of my time Saturday night. People probably didn't notice (and if you didn't good, it's *supposed* to be that way), but I didn't actually get to stop by and play any machines until just past midnight. Before that point, I was dealing with show issues including helping to coordinate food, some tent stuff, and so on. It's all good, but the larger it gets, the tougher it becomes for me to manage it all without going nuts. That's a big part of the hard cap on tickets for it.

I did get to play machines with my son on Saturday though. For anyone who says the show is crowded, I walked in and watched him play Star Wars Arcade for a while, played the P3 system with him, played a few pins, Ms. Pac-Man, and then SWDE. When it was all said and done, we had waited for two games one player - P3 once and SWDE once. To me, that's what it is all about.

(random note: I have two sons. The 1 year old was not with me for this time, although I spent a while playing Outrun with him on Sunday )

#528 3 years ago

Reminder to self: Bring $1K in cash in case there's a deal that swings by, as I know that ATM wouldn't be able to take it.
    Someday I want my Vector to be as good as that one there. That was the only time I played a flawless-condition Vector. 1 ball away from filling that chamber.

As for the console & classic computer room, I would love to see more of that. More consoles, more computers. Hell, I could even bring a ColecoVision or Apple 'puta for the mix.

I think I have a theory why MGC attendance is so huge. Winters are cold, so we stay in & play games.

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Reminder to self: Bring $1K in cash in case there's a deal that swings by, as I know that ATM wouldn't be able to take it.
    Someday I want my Vector to be as good as that one there. That was the only time I played a flawless-condition Vector. 1 ball away from filling that chamber.
    As for the console & classic computer room, I would love to see more of that. More consoles, more computers. Hell, I could even bring a ColecoVision or Apple 'puta for the mix.
    I think I have a theory why MGC attendance is so huge. Winters are cold, so we stay in & play games.

I tell you what, coolest video game console thing of my life happened this year at MGC. It's not everyday a designer of the 2600 hands you a factory master copy of the schematics and programming manual to flip through, as well as one of the prototype unpopulated PCB's. Neat guy, tried to buy a tube of EPROM's from me, I refused to accept any payment.

-Hans

#530 3 years ago

Clock Chaos results are already in IFPA.
    Full Throttle has been reported and should show up in a few days.

Dan and Neo, Any status update on results for the main tourney and pingolf?

#532 3 years ago

The GM must not have been around lol.......

#533 3 years ago

There needs to be a smily face with a mind blowing up at the end of this sentence .

#534 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Clock Chaos results are already in IFPA.
    Full Throttle has been reported and should show up in a few days.
    Dan and Neo, Any status update on results for the main tourney and pingolf?

I sent it to Dan, but i'm sure he's got a lot of stuff to do before he settles down. Did you submit your results yourself? If dan wants me to, I can submit pingolf results if he needs.

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Did you submit your results yourself?

Yeah,

I registered and submitted them myself in order to speed it up.

Dan, If you or Jim need me to submit the main event results then please get me the info and I can assist.

#537 3 years ago

They'll be submitted soon. Since the MGC ended, I have what I believe is a dying cat and have suddenly discovered I need to learn how to be a multi-property landlord (*sigh*) all this week. Oh, and because of the heat for the tent this year, I'm not sure what we still owe for the show, which is making figuring out what the company can reimburse me for on my down payment... uh... "fun."

It's on my list, but please bear with me if it takes me a few more days.

#538 3 years ago

I finally have a few minutes, so here goes...

This was my 11th MGC, and 9th year being involved with the Arcade Hall. It's one of my favorite weekends of the year that I always look forward to. It's an honor to spend time with great people, some of which I only see once a year. Thanks to Dan, Gary and the countless volunteers for making it all possible. Special thanks to Keith, Chris, Eric, Tom, Brian & all who helped make the Arcade Hall run smoothly this year. Also, extra special thanks to those who brought Games to play.

A few observations...

- Set-up on Friday went well, but I woke up at 3am Saturday morning thinking "WTF have we gotten ourselves into?!!" Due to the Tournaments and VIG party, there were roughly 30 games in isles that needed to be placed in the morning. Somehow, we pulled it off and it all fell into place!!

-I think I'm officially one of the "old guys" now. Seems like I played more EM's than SS games this year. GREAT selection of games of all eras.

- I brought the Genco Cadillac Pinball. It worked fine until late Saturday afternoon. In hindsight, I should have eliminated the ratchet in the coin slide. I'm guessing a kid pushed it in halfway and walked away leaving the reset coil to fry. I didn't reset the audits until Saturday morning, but WrestleMania had 375 plays Saturday and during the side tourney on Sunday.

- Things are close to perfect the way they are. Imposing some sort of quality ranking system would not work. I met a first time couple who brought a beat up but working Ms PacMan. They were as excited to be a part of the show as anyone. I've seen this before... As time goes on and they get into the hobby more, their games WILL get better.

- I need to slow down, pause and chat more... I made an effort to socialize more this year, and had a great time doing so. But learned I shouldn't just say Hi while passing in the hallway and thinking that we'd catch up later. With so much to see & do, odds are good that you won't see that person for a year.

- I got to talk pizza with the local Domino's guy while playing Rob Zombie, and he said they delivered 125 Pizzas Friday night, and 115 on Saturday!!

A great weekend!

Tully

April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg

April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

there were roughly 30 games in isles that needed to be placed in the morning.

I was amazed at the difference in scene between Friday night and Saturday morning - where did those machines go?!?

#540 3 years ago

Yes, great work giving those aisle machines homes. I had 5 in the aisle and was very pleasantly surprised on Saturday morning. I don't know how you guys did it. Thank you.

#541 3 years ago

you know what was missing this year?

the pudding shot girl!

what was the deal with the police action going on? does anyone know the story?

-c

#542 3 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

I overheard someone on Friday (not a pinhead) drank a little too much and was a bit too offensive to some of the female security.
    I heard the same guy and his buddies attempted to sneek in to the afterparty on Saturday and they were escorted off the property. I was told it was basically a non-event as security did a great job and the police backed them up quickly to remove the offender/s.

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

Was a hotel thing, not a MGC thing.

#544 3 years ago

After Party-------1 machine = 1 ticket. Very simple to understand and implement. I say keep it the same. If you bring more machines and get more tickets I have no problem with you handing them out. The ratio is still 1 person to 1 machine or better.

People bringing "a beater" machine for the show perks----- I don't think their is really that much of this going on. The quality(and quantity) of the machines seems to get better every year. Besides most of these games are old and lots of them show their age. If the game works good who cares?

Awards for "best" machines at the after party----- I really like this with the trophies but if you want to expand it to other categories or 1st, 2nd, 3rd I'm good with that too. I'm not sure if that will help with people bringing "better" machines but it won't hurt and advertise what the categories are ahead of time so people can make an effort to win it. I really make a solid attempt to bring a game that is fully working, dialed in, plays great. Plus I usually re-imagine the lighting scheme and spend a lot of time balancing it out so it works and looks good. I know lots of people want it "original" but we all have plenty of original machines in our collections and its fun to go over the top on some games and I like bringing those to MGC to show them off and see what other people think. I'm always on the hunt for new ideas and trying to implement them in the next game.

I think this years show was fantastic and ran smoothly. I look forward to next year.

#545 3 years ago
    Quoted from ekthoren:

I really like this with the trophies but if you want to expand it to other categories or 1st, 2nd, 3rd I'm good with that too. I'm not sure if that will help with people bringing "better" machines but it won't hurt and advertise what the categories are ahead of time so people can make an effort to win it.

I agree.

More categories, advertised in advance, and trophies through 3rd for the main catergories would be great incentive.

#546 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pretty sure my wife and I talked to you guys briefly right before you played this split flipper game on WrestleMania! I was waiting to play with my daughter and you told us the story about why John Cena is your favorite. Hope you guys had an awesome time...sure looks like it from your pics! That's what makes all the hard work of the weekend worth while. Hope to see you back next year!
    Chris

Yup that was us!!!!! It was nice meeting you man, we had a blast and look very forward to attending more and more of these!!!!

#547 3 years ago

in regards to the coin return buttons being pushed in and messed up. How many other people had this happen? I had 2 friends have all of the square block buttons pushed in, in a way, they were angled so they would not come back out. 2 different games, not even near each other. So either someone had a kid that was standing by them that would push them all in and screw them up, or someone was up to shenanigans.

Anyone else have the coin returns stuck closed?

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

I had at least 15 people ask me for an afterparty ticket. I had access to 20 of them and most went to waste. In years past, I have put up a post saying that I would give one out to someone if they were willing to help me unload/load my games. NO TAKERS on the help, but they would gladly pay me for one.

Damn, and I helped you set up a few games just because you looked like you could use a hand!

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in regards to the coin return buttons being pushed in and messed up. How many other people had this happen? ... Anyone else have the coin returns stuck closed?

Take 'em apart, clean 'em, put a little bit of light oil on the housing. Never happen again, no matter how many times it's pushed!

#550 3 years ago

just seemed weird that both of their games have them jammed upwards and can't get them to pop out. 8 games away from each other. My game just has the button type so it couldn't happen to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    There are 563 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside