4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 563 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HAWS.jpg
    April-May-June-2016_010_(resized).jpg
    April-May-June-2016_001_(resized).jpg
    20160410_140242_(resized).jpg
    20160410_113602_(resized).jpg
    20160409_131728_004_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113239_(resized).jpg
    20160409_113232_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_02_(resized).jpg
    VECTOR_01_(resized).jpg
    winner_(resized).jpg
    20160410_014613.jpg
    941317_10207590349629792_3033858398120702075_n_(resized).jpg
    12985498_10207590349789796_4993159148576140990_n_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 563 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
    #1 4 years ago

I kind of hate starting a thread for my own show, but while there are some big threads about different aspects of it, there is no single thread for the whole show, so I guess here it is.

First, if you don't know, the Midwest Gaming Classic is an "all encompassing gaming trade show" in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area which will be held this year on April 8th, 9th and 10th. April 8th is a "pre-show" day with some various special events, while the 9th and 10th is the main show.

If you're JUST into pinball, last year we had about 350 arcade video and pinball machines set up for play, with about 2/3rds of that number being pinball machines. This included new machines such as America's Most Haunted (which sold out at the show!), the Hobbit, Big Lebowski, WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, and many others.

In addition to pinball, the show features home consoles old and new, table top games, and card games. There are seminars, vendors, music, CosPlay and places to just chill out.

People who bring pinball machines get a free two day pass to the show and admission to the exclusive Saturday Night Arcade After-Party, where we open up the arcade hall only to those who bring machines to mingle with one another and play their games and others until 3am. Bring more machines than you need two day tickets, and you get show cash on Sunday that you can spend at any vendor. Full details for this program will be revealed soon!

In addition to the regular show April 9th and 10th, we do special events on April 8th. The first is local collector Tom Taylor hosts an open house of his machines from noon to 5pm. For a donation of $20 or more, with 100% of the proceeds going to a local charity, you can have five hours to check out and play anything in Tom's collection of more than 240 machines set up and ready to go. Limited to 100 tickets, the machines outnumber the people by more than 2 to 1! Make sure to get your tickets for this early, as they are selling quickly (Note - Based on Tom's request, you also need a two-day ticket to purchase this. If you are bringing a machine, please contact me and I can give you a link to purchase.)

At night, we host a trip to a Brewers baseball game, and our VIG Pre-Party. The VIG Pre-Party is an exclusive six-hour long party where you get special VIG merch, get to visit rooms to see and learn stuff about the displays in a laid-back way, can participate in exclusive VIG tournaments (including two different pinball tournaments), try new things, and even get dinner! Tickets are limited to less than 250, so it's like getting the VIP experience throughout the entire show so you can have more time to see what is going on!

Room reservations can be made at https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1509113952&key=10B949C4 starting at $99 / night, but hurry as some options are already sold out! We have a nearby secondary hotel in case we sell out however that will even transport you to the door of the show if you stay there!

Tickets can be purchased at http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/ . If you are hoping to participate in either Tom's Open House or the Friday Night VIG Pre-Party, please do purchase your tickets sooner than later to ensure availability, as both events will sell out.

Thanks! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask! I'll do my best to answer them here

#2 4 years ago

GOING!!!

ALways look forward to this show once Dan invited me about 5 years ago. Havent missed a year since

#3 4 years ago

Going! Bestest show ever.

#4 4 years ago

See you there!!!

#5 4 years ago

Already reserved my tables near the hall.

#6 4 years ago

Unbelievable. MGC still keeps getting better and better !

Great work Dan and crew !
    LTG : )

#7 4 years ago

Never heard of it. Do tell!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Never heard of it. Do tell!

Well you see, it's this show that people who love what they do, put tons of time and energy into doing the best thing they can do. Organizers and volunteers actually enjoy what they're doing and it shows in the end result, and how they treat their attendees, helpers, vendors, and exhibitors. Then those helpers, vendors, exhibitors, and even attendees do what they can to make the show the best it can be. Amazing stuff!

You should check it out!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#9 4 years ago

Don't know if I can make it. Having TOO much fun with my TFTC 4.0. Lol

#10 4 years ago

My wife and I have our tickets and room booked for all three days. Last year was a blast, but the show is so big that you can't do everything in one day. We spent the bulk of the time in the arcade hall and got a single game in on maybe 1/3 of the machines. Looking forward to trying out Killer Queen (if it's there) since I heard lots of good things from those who played it last year.

#11 4 years ago

Im in and will be bringing a game. to far away to tell what game yet

#12 4 years ago

reserved.. somehow think rooms will go much faster this year.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Looking forward to trying out Killer Queen (if it's there)

I sure hope Logan's Arcade brings it back!

Only Vid I played (after a little arm twisting) and WOW was it fun!

#14 4 years ago

room booked. still deciding if i will come as a vendor or as a spectator for this one.

#15 4 years ago

Just want to cross link a fun little contest I am putting on all by myself (not anything official with MGC but was given the OK by Dan; thanks DAN).

MGC 'RARE' pinball challenge. Bring a sweet rare game and win some cool prizes from me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-rare-challenge

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Well you see, it's this show that people who love what they do, put tons of time and energy into doing the best thing they can do. Organizers and volunteers actually enjoy what they're doing and it shows in the end result, and how they treat their attendees, helpers, vendors, and exhibitors. Then those helpers, vendors, exhibitors, and even attendees do what they can to make the show the best it can be. Amazing stuff!
    You should check it out!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Wait...we are supposed to be having fun and loving what we do? Why didn't you tell us sooner???

Yea...I'll probably be there if I can remember where to find it...

#17 4 years ago

I have not brought a game to MGC and wondered if early Saturday is ok to bring one? Load in similar to Expo? Let me know.
    Thanks

#18 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking about coming to MGC next year and bringing a game (or more), please drop me an email at arcadehall@midwestgamingclassic.com. Include your name and we'd like a phone number as well (optional). I'll add you to our list so you get our informational emails that go out in the spring.

Thanks!

#19 4 years ago

Everything booked. I cannot wait.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

You should check it out!

I hear the bruschetta is amazing!

Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Don't know if I can make it. Having TOO much fun with my TFTC 4.0. Lol

Oh nuts, that's half my fault

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

reserved.. somehow think rooms will go much faster this year.

I'm positive of it. The hotel is over half booked like I mentioned, and there is a room type or two that are already sold out. Last year, the hotel sold out around the end of January, I will be surprised if we make it to the end of this year before selling out. We are something like 75 rooms ahead of last year at this point in time.

#22 4 years ago

MGC is an incredible show that just keeps getting bigger and better every year! I'll certainly be bringing a game or two. Looking forward to it already! Is it spring yet?

#23 4 years ago

You may have to find your own beer money for the after party next year, Dan. But there'll be a lot more room to move.

#24 4 years ago

I hope to attend this year and personally meet some of my detractors. In fact, though I've never been, I'm modeling the Big Sky Gaming Expo in February after what I have studied of this show.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You may have to find your own beer money for the after party next year, Dan. But there'll be a lot more room to move.

I am confused??? Are you not coming to MGC Mr Kelly?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am confused??? Are you not coming to MGC Mr Kelly?

It's not looking good, Hilton. My wife is telling me I've got somewhere more important to go that weekend.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's not looking good, Hilton. My wife is telling me I've got somewhere more important to go that weekend.

Well that is a huge bummer! Totally understand, esp after meeting your wonderful wife. You better continue to do everything you can to stay in her good graces

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

For years you made it seem like you wear the pants in the house, but i gueww i was just close and off by a few letters like i was on WHeel of Fortune, but you wear the pant"ies"

Hope you can make it bud, if not, i know its something important, take care

Troy

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If that happens Bryan let me know. I'll get a group to continue on your tradition.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

For years you made it seem like you wear the pants in the house,
    Troy

I do wear the pants in the family. My wife just tells me which ones to put on in the morning.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Well that is a huge bummer! Totally understand, esp after meeting your wonderful wife. You better continue to do everything you can to stay in her good graces

I'll probably see you next at Bangerjays. I wouldn't miss that for the world.

#32 4 years ago

You'll be missed Bryan, but you better listen to Deb, she definitely knows best!

WAIT!!! Did someone say bruschetta?????!!...

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#33 4 years ago

Every year I say, "MGC was too crowded, I might not go next year," but I always go next year. They must be doing something right.

Looking forward to the return of Tom Taylor's open house. If your priority is just playing a bunch of great pinball, it's the highlight of the weekend.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Looking forward to trying out Killer Queen (if it's there) since I heard lots of good things from those who played it last year.

I heard SO many good things about that game too, and of course with my running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I never got to play it. Can someone explain what the game play was like? If it's back, I WON'T miss it this year.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Technically speaking, we don't provide any alcoholic beverages ourselves. We just don't stop people from bringing them in

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Technically speaking, we don't provide any alcoholic beverages ourselves. We just don't stop people from bringing them in

Technically, I just gave you money. I have no idea where the beer came from.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Technically, I just gave you money. I have no idea where the beer came from.

As you may recall, you didn't give me money.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I heard SO many good things about that game too, and of course with my running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I never got to play it. Can someone explain what the game play was like? If it's back, I WON'T miss it this year.

There are youtube vids of tournament play with commentary, or tutorials if you really want to get into it, but essentially it's 2 teams of 5 trying to complete one of three possible win conditions first. Each team is 4 'drones' and a queen. The queen can attack and take control of certain items, the drones can collect things and/or upgrade themselves to be faster and/or fighters. The play area joust-ish with floating platforms and jumping/flying between them.

#39 4 years ago

When I found out Killer Queen was coming, I had to research what it was. I initially thought it would be a cool think for MGC. Boy was I wrong.

It was a GREAT thing. I remember when we were setting up on Friday and Eric and I jumped on, holy crap was that addictive and fun. It was played solid all weekend long.

Jaz

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

WAIT!!! Did someone say bruschetta?????!!...

You should provide that alongside your wrestling match. Yum!!!

#41 4 years ago

Ok, was trying to describe the event to my wife when I noticed she was already on the website buying us tickets! We are in for Tom's event, the VIG Friday night, and a weekend pass. Now discussing if we commute or book a hotel

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

room booked. still deciding if i will come as a vendor or as a spectator for this one.

HHHMMMM!!!!
    NO HOBBIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO WOZ!!!!!!!!
    SHAME ON YOU.
    Just Kidding

Room Booked, Awesome Show To Those That have Not Attended!

BK You will be Missed.

Pincades
    JT

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

Ok, was trying to describe the event to my wife when I noticed she was already on the website buying us tickets! We are in for Tom's event, the VIG Friday night, and a weekend pass. Now discussing if we commute or book a hotel

book a hotel! seriously the only way to do this show. Also, bring a game/2 so you can both come to the after party (the highlight of the show and a super fun adult time). MGC is amazing!

#44 4 years ago

Ok.
    I can't miss MGC this year just because I moved to New Jersey. Starting my flight research now...

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

book a hotel! seriously the only way to do this show. Also, bring a game/2 so you can both come to the after party (the highlight of the show and a super fun adult time). MGC is amazing!

Ok hotel room booked...now to discuss whether or not to bring a game or two.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Ok.
    I can't miss MGC this year just because I moved to New Jersey. Starting my flight research now...

best news I have heard all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

Ok hotel room booked...now to discuss whether or not to bring a game or two.

ummmmm.... There really is no practical reason to not bring a game.

Pros : It is super fun!
    Seeing someone else enjoy your game will make you happy and proud.
    Giving back to the community is the cool thing to do.
    Centerflank and Bangerjay have promised to personally teabag all games this year
    Hand sanitizer stations are plentiful
    There will be so many games you want to play but the hall will get busy during peak times making that tough, so bringing a game gets you into the hall with a less than 1 person per game ratio at the afterparty
    Afterparty also means beer, dollar games, great food, and hanging out and making connecitons with other great pinball collectors.
    There are many more but if you aren't convinced from that, then I dont know what it take.

MGC is like xmas even and bringing a game means you are santa. Who the F does not like being santa and partying with all the other santas???

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There will be so many games you want to play but the hall will get busy during peak times making that tough, so bringing a game gets you into the hall with a less than 1 person per game ratio at the afterparty

This isn't actually true is it? Sure, the after party crowd is far smaller than the full attendance - but it's not actually less people than games is it? Don't the guys bringing all those multicades in the back hall, and the games in the basement earn bands too?

#49 4 years ago

apparently, I need to get my act together quickly to get reservations and such in order.

dan:
    how does one go about becoming a "vendor" to set up a table (multiple tables)? I would really love to bring a good portion of my sealed game collection and try to unload a good portion of it (over 2,000 sealed games)

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This isn't actually true is it? Sure, the after party crowd is far smaller than the full attendance - but it's not actually less people than games is it? Don't the guys bringing all those multicades in the back hall, and the games in the basement earn bands too?

pretty sure you have to have a game in the arcade hall to get a wrist band? I know a few voulenteers and other folks get in also, but after the first hour or so it is WAY less than 1 person per game ratio. Heck by 11pm I think you could play pretty much anything you wanted with absolutely no wait (aside from TH and AMH and a select few other super popular games). Entire empty rows of games which you could hop on any one of them.

By far the best game to person ratio I have ever seen. After the initial rush of food and chaos then it settles down pretty quick. Last year there were more people out playing the tiltmaster game (what the heck is that thing called again) in the hallway than anything it seemed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 26.95
    $ 25.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 275.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.50
    $ 234.99
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    There are 563 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside