(Topic ID: 28383)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2013. Anybody Else Gearing Up?

By davewtf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GizzArd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago

I will be there and plan to bring a game (not sure what yet).

I actually hope to take time off work and lend a hand with more stuff this year. It works out really nice for me since any leftover PTO at work needs to be used by the end of March or I lose it

I am looking forward to MGC already. Can someone remind me what days of the week it runs?

I thought load in was thursday, opens to public on Friday-Sunday, with game bringer afterparty on Sat night?

#16 11 years ago

great thanks.

so sounds like I need to plan for Friday before and maybe Monday after to take off work...

#23 11 years ago

I vote for more pinball area also at MGC! IMHO, it was the one obvious place for improvement over last year.

Dan (goatdan) is on pinside and I assume he will see this thread soon if he has not already.

#26 11 years ago

Were there any unused/underused conference rooms in other spots of the hotel? I know some of the gaming areas seemed underutilized in my opinion (of course that is coming from a pinhead and I understand that MGC has its roots in gaming). Happy to help in anyway Dan needs it this year!

#35 11 years ago

I would love a pinbrawl event at MGC!

1 month later
    #60 11 years ago

room booked, PTO reserved, MGC tickets purchased...

Super pumped!

Now I just need to do a ton of work to get FT torn apart, restored, and put back together...

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Snow. You thinking of selling the FT? Put me in line.

No idea at this point. Would be more likely to look for a trade at first... I honestly do not even know the game that well yet. I bought it and have only played one game before starting to work on it.

I am in the process of a ground up restoration/ refurb (whatever you want to call it). I already have a NOS pf that I had to do some touchups on and had it clearcoated professionally. Just waiting another month for the cc to set up before working on the swap. I am taking my time with this one, but hope to have it all done before MGC so I can bring it to share and stress test it at the same time.

Are you going to bring anything to MGC?

#68 11 years ago

Dan,

What do I need to do to get on the list for bringing a game. I know that space was tight and I would like to make sure my game fits in the hall.

Also, If I have not already said. I would like to help as much as I can this year. I plan to be there birght and early on Friday to help with Load In. I am sure Steve and Tom and etc... will put me to work.

Let me know what else I need to do? or you need from me?

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I think you're behind me in line but maybe i'm mistaken.

Dave is correct. I think he called dibs before I even picked the game up. Dave will have first right of refusal but not sure if Dave will be interested when he hears the final total of $ I will have put into the game...

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from DayDay:

I've never been to this event. Is it worth coming from the south side of Chicago?

YES, 100%

Bring a game to share if you can. The afterparty is AWESOME!

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Planning on coming with the family again. Trying to figure out what machines to bring and how many. I think I am going to bring my four million BC and something else LOL. Probably Addams Family. You cant have too many of those at a show.

I do not think there was a single TAF last year...

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Hopefully we see a Waunakee Tourney thread soon - then I know MGC is officially getting close.

I can not remember the date right now, but Tully said it is official! Looking forward to it.

#98 11 years ago

anyone localish and planning on MGC should def come over towards Madison for the warm up event at WannaBowl!

1 month later
    #119 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

you know what I meant.

Nah, you had it correct the first time. You likely had more fun at MGC 2012 than you will at Expo 2013.

2 weeks later
    #123 11 years ago

bump >> go buy your MGC tics

Can hardly wait!!!! Less than 2 months now!!!!

#125 11 years ago

Make sure you sign up for Clock Chaos on Friday evening. It should be a fun time and an opportunity for some amount of pinballing on Friday!

#131 11 years ago

Great news Dan. More room is GREAT!

Last year, I was wondering how come there were so many vids crammed in the 'pinball hall'?

It seemed to me like the vids were in many other places AND in the pinball hall. The vids in the pinball hall were not played as much it seemed.

My obviously biased pinball perspective made me wish the vids were kept in the hallway since they would fit well in that space and then move more pins intot he pinball hall.

I know you are awesmoe and do what you need to in order to make it all work, but just an observation form last year.

#134 11 years ago

don't forget to register what you are bringing...

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/machines/sell-arcades/

1 week later
    #147 11 years ago

blocked at work for me also. I had to register at home via Modzilla

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2013-anybody-else-gearing-up?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.