(Topic ID: 28383)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2013. Anybody Else Gearing Up?

By davewtf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GizzArd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 11 years ago

MGC is great. The pinball part keeps growing and the gamers add a level of excitement you don't see at other shows.

Make plans to attend now.

LTG

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

Is there any way to increase the pin area? Last year was tight to say the least. I bet you could fill another room without blinking an eye.

I can't speak for them. But get ahold of Dan Loosen now. Let him know. Show promoters do the best they can.

LTG

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Will you be able to attend this year you think? I know time is money for an op such as yourself.

I doubt it. I'd love to but that is a busy time of year for me.

LTG

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Call me crazy but I >LOVE< the location that MGC is held at.

I love the crowded feel it has!

I love the fact that games are all over the place, in the halls, in the rooms, everywhere!

I love the layout of the hotel, how you go down stairs to all the smaller rooms and explore all the cool things going on in each room.

I love the crowded pinball hall.

I love the loaded vendor hall.

I love that there are some people walking around in costume.

I love that you can play a lot of great pinball games, then go downstairs and go to a retro video arcade with a 1980's theme.

I love that there are area with guys playing board/card games. I don't play these myself but I love seeing them be played in this environment.

I love that there is a room dedicated to electronics hackers modding whatever they brought.

I love that you can hang out in a bar and watch the seminars.

I love that you can walk into a room that has 80's music cranked, the lights are low, and there are a bunch of 8-bit Atari, Commodore, Apple, and TRS-80 computers on display to play with.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MGC. Please don't change it too much!!! It really has a nice intimate feel. It is >by far< my favorite pinball related show. I would be sad if the location moved.

You forgot one.

I love the greatest and most helpful hotel staff.

LTG

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

It was nice meeting you at Jacks dinner Friday night Lloyd. Will you be at the upcoming MGC?

Chris W

The pleasure was mine, thank you Chris.

MGC is at a bad time of the year for me to go. Last of good business as Spring and Summer approach.

I was last there in 2010. My seminar didn't go so good. Spent 7 hours Saturday night with Rob Anthony and Andrew Barney fixing games, and was there late on Sunday helping tear down. I had a great time. That was the year with Andrew's help we got the BBH from Stern up there and back. And I dragged that DH back here for somebody.

The show is a blast. Dan works hard and puts on a heck of a show. Like I said the gamers add a level of excitement to the show you won't see elsewhere.

Plan to attend now and have the time of your life !

LTG

1 month later
    #74 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I've heard from several people this is the show to attend. I'm trying my best to see if I can make it. Dan is a great guy. Too bad he was only at Expo for one evening this year. As I will be flying in (if I can make it) I won't be bringing any games. However, if it is finished, I may be bringing some copies of Pinball Magazine No. 2.

Do it if you can. Shows are known for their uniqueness. And MGC has something to offer you don't see at other shows.

Gamers and pins. Pins are about 1/3rd of it and keep getting better. But the gamers add/trigger a level of excitement you have to see to believe. Gaming costumes, excitement, they really bring MGC alive !

LTG : )

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from DayDay:

I've never been to this event. Is it worth coming from the south side of Chicago?

It's worth coming from the South Pole.

People that go once keep going back year after year.

I tell you, you have to experience the excitement level to believe it.

1 month later
    #112 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gomer1969:

If anyone is thinking of going let me just say GO.

Agreed. There is an excitement there that is unmatched !

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Had way more fun last year than I did at Expo this year.

Expo hasn't happened this year yet.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

you know what I meant.

Now that you edited it, yes I do.

2 weeks later
    #129 11 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Also, it's not a pinball show. It's a gaming show. Pinheads are supporting it quite a bit but I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the classic computers, gaming systems, random Storm Troopers, energy drink, hacker space, card game, podcast and general nerdvana that this show is. I hope that never changes.

There is an energy level that makes MGC unique.

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

For those of you that don't like the overcrowdedness,

That is one of the things I liked. That and the extreme energy level makes MGC unique.

Might not be able to please everybody, but the majority have a blast there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2013-anybody-else-gearing-up?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.