(Topic ID: 28383)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2013. Anybody Else Gearing Up?

By davewtf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GizzArd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chriss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Call me crazy but I >LOVE< the location that MGC is held at.
    I love the crowded feel it has!
    I love the fact that games are all over the place, in the halls, in the rooms, everywhere!
    I love the layout of the hotel, how you go down stairs to all the smaller rooms and explore all the cool things going on in each room.
    I love the crowded pinball hall.
    I love the loaded vendor hall.
    I love that there are some people walking around in costume.
    I love that you can play a lot of great pinball games, then go downstairs and go to a retro video arcade with a 1980's theme.
    I love that there are area with guys playing board/card games. I don't play these myself but I love seeing them be played in this environment.
    I love that there is a room dedicated to electronics hackers modding whatever they brought.
    I love that you can hang out in a bar and watch the seminars.
    I love that you can walk into a room that has 80's music cranked, the lights are low, and there are a bunch of 8-bit Atari, Commodore, Apple, and TRS-80 computers on display to play with.
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MGC. Please don't change it too much!!! It really has a nice intimate feel. It is >by far< my favorite pinball related show. I would be sad if the location moved.

Yup. It's one of the best parts about the events. Stuff in every corner, rooms packed to the gills. It's really great. I think better signage is in order. I didn't make it downstairs until Sunday after 12pm only to find out that there were a row of 80's vids. It was great.

Not sure there is a way to organize things better. My only suggestions would be tp line up the vids in front ove the windows to the pool. You may get another row of pins in the pin room that way. I know this would affect pincades the most

Also I don't think there is room but maybe a room or space for all sale machines. This would keep the pin hall without holes throughout the weekend. I think that's more about trying to move things in and out.

Regardless, Dan it's a fantastic show. If I'm around this year ill be happy to help. Probably bring the Family Guy in its road case. Just need to find a friend with a trailer.

Chris

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ironfinger at Tom's . I'm in !

That would be sick. JAY's was tough enough last year. 300 machines would be insane.........I love it.

Chris

1 month later
    #61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

room booked, PTO reserved, MGC tickets purchased...
    Super pumped!
    Now I just need to do a ton of work to get FT torn apart, restored, and put back together...

Snow. You thinking of selling the FT? Put me in line.

1 month later
    #120 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

No idea at this point. Would be more likely to look for a trade at first... I honestly do not even know the game that well yet. I bought it and have only played one game before starting to work on it.
    I am in the process of a ground up restoration/ refurb (whatever you want to call it). I already have a NOS pf that I had to do some touchups on and had it clearcoated professionally. Just waiting another month for the cc to set up before working on the swap. I am taking my time with this one, but hope to have it all done before MGC so I can bring it to share and stress test it at the same time.
    Are you going to bring anything to MGC?

Sorry I just saw this SNOW. I'm not sure what I'll bring to the show. I thought about packing up my Family Guy in a road case for the show. I would just have to sort out a trailer to get it there. Or maybe I'll just me muscle for load-in day.

We will have to wait and see. I mean MGC seems like a world away. It's hard to tell what will be around to head to the show. My basement is such a pain to get in and out of I really try not to drag something down there knowing it will be coming back out.

Maybe I'll bring the Panthera I'm trying to sell and maybe the CFTBL that feels like is on the chopping block. More on that in the WI/MN thread when I get home next week.

chris

2 weeks later
    #144 11 years ago

Dan,

I think you do one amazing job and I know hours are spent putting this thing together. I like many love the energy created by everyone jammed in there. Watching machines roll in and out all day is really great.

Next up. Start dropping them in the lobby. Everyone register outside. It seems like the show owns the building that weekend anyway.

Chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chriss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2013-anybody-else-gearing-up?tu=chriss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.