Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by quinntopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5244 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5235 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5233 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5239 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4610 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I have the same game. I don't have a parts catalog, but if there's anything I can help you with, let me know.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out what the appropriate E26 medium base bulbs that go down in the bottom shooter alley should be. I have the fluorescent tube style backlight, but over the years someone replaced the E26 bulbs with some poorly painted incandescents that look bad when they light up. I am thinking of going with some colored LED medium base bulbs, but might opt for another lbacklight as well since the UV effect looks so cool.

3 weeks later
    #5 6 years ago

Not sure if this helps, but it's a convenient list inside my cabinet of the various coils and motors:

IMG_4610 (resized).JPGIMG_4610 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Plus it is such a PITA to work on since you very often have to remove the whole bottom unit

Yeah, that's going to be. A problem for me too!

Mine has worked okay for years, but has mostly sat in storage. Now it's freaking out and I think my ball motor needs some serious work. Plus replacing those bulbs in the lower section (the little 44's) under the target cover is a mystery. Mine even has some short instructions on how to remove it to replace he bulbs, but I don't think it's going to be easy!

Also, I've only had one original "planet" ball. Really hard to find the exact replacements! Any idea how many they originally had?

#7 6 years ago

Here's a few more images of my game....

IMG_5239 (resized).jpgIMG_5239 (resized).jpg

IMG_5233 (resized).jpgIMG_5233 (resized).jpg

IMG_5235 (resized).jpgIMG_5235 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #9 6 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Mine came without any balls. Racquet balls are the same size. Been taking a break from working on this, time to get back to it.

I got mine about 20 years back and it had one original (as near as I can tell; just pink with no markings) and one racquetball. The pink original ball is dried out and deflated, and the racquetball seems a bit too hard.

Finding original or similar balls is pretty tough.

I ended up trying these balls out. They have a "planet" look to them and seem slightly fluorescent under the black light and not quite as hard as the old racquetball:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/order-history/item/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o9

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

When I hit the link, it simply went to Amazon log-in. What is the name of the ball and I can search it.
    Thanks for the input, like the idea that they are slightly fluorescent.

Sorry about that! I think I shared the link to my order page instead of the product page!

I think I have the right link this time, but just in case they are called "Sky Bounce Rubber Ball Rainbow"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010ICOS/ref=pd_aw_sim_21_1

BTW, I did locate what appears to be actual Midway rubber balls at Johns Jukes/Flippers.com. He seems to have a bit more vintage EM stuff than anywhere else I've found. Unfortunately none of the parts indicate if they are Space Gun parts and they are usually listed for other Midway games (baseball, driving, etc). This is why that Space Gun parts catalog would be useful, otherwise you have to guess that it's an identical part!

Oh, these potentially authentic balls are $10 apiece. At this point I think the SkyBounce balls actually look better than the sickly pink originals and you get 12 for just about the same price.

#13 6 years ago

I don't know why I didn't think of this before! Here's a photo of the deflated 'original' ball and a crazy new 'sky bounce' ball.

IMG_5244 (resized).jpgIMG_5244 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-space-gun-parts-catalog?tu=quinntopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.