3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by flashbk13
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180131_155445 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2812 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20180108_210933_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180106_104258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0124 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0120 (resized).JPG
    20160802_181104_(resized).jpg
    20160727_193534_(resized).jpg
    20160727_193546_(resized).jpg
    20160727_193540_(resized).jpg
    20160727_193550_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2396_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2395_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2394_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2393_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys. I recently picked up a midway deluxe shooting gallery. I am in the middle of getting it running, but I would like to work on getting some replacement parts right now. I am trying to source a set of the white discs that were made for this game. As you can see mine are cracked unfortunately. I heard that someone remade them awhile ago but I have no clue as to who did them. Any info or even the parts would be appreciated!

IMG_5913.JPG IMG_5932.JPG IMG_5936.JPG
    #2 3 years ago

I need those too!

and HOLY CRAP! Your clown is in extremely good shape! Could you capture a bunch of pictures of the clown? Mine is totally rotted.

#3 3 years ago

I also need those!!

Well, and the rest of the game..we've been looking for one of those shooting galleries for years. Great find! It really looks to be in great shape and should clean up nicely.

#4 3 years ago

My clown is on its way out as well. It is certainly complete enough to get a copy made via 3D printing however. I took it off with the anticipation of going that route. I can certainly send you some pictures if you need them however.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

My clown is on its way out as well. It is certainly complete enough to get a copy made via 3D printing however. I took it off with the anticipation of going that route. I can certainly send you some pictures if you need them however.

If you have one 3d printed, please do 2, and I will split the cost with you + shipping to CA! Mine is a hunk of rotted rubber at this point. (Same with the disc covers)

10 months later
    #6 2 years ago

Has anyone ever made the clowns after this came out?
    I could use one too.

#7 2 years ago

No nobody has yet. I actually hVe a decent clown. I would really like to get it 3D scanned so we could get something 3D printed

#8 2 years ago

Mine is also missing. I'd be interested if they ever get done too. But I've been looking for the last 10 years and have found nothing.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

No nobody has yet. I actually hVe a decent clown. I would really like to get it 3D scanned so we could get something 3D printed

Find out the cost, and I am sure the folks here would be willing to help out with the cost! (I know I would!)

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Find out the cost, and I am sure the folks here would be willing to help out with the cost! (I know I would!)

You can count me in for sure.

3 months later
    #11 1 year ago

Hello all,

I just bought a Midway Shooting Gallery Deluxe that is in great shape last week, but was totally missing the rubber clown. The metal bracket was their, but no clown. Once I got the key and got inside the machine, in the back I found what must have been an original replacement clown that was left inside!! It's used, but fully intact and in great shape except for a dented nose. The rubber is too rotten to even think about using it as it would not last long, but since its totally intact and all the colors are still there, I'm going to make copies of it. 3D printing might be an OK way to go, but unless one prints with various colors for each color layer, I can't see that doing something like hand painting the output print would hold up that well to being shot at all the time with it being hard plastic.

I'm making a mold and will be making copies of the clown using a flexible colored rubber resin casting material. Each color on the clown will be colored layer of rubber, so it wont wear off or chip (least that's the idea). I just have to get the right hardness of the material so its strong enough not to tear off its metal bracket, but also not so hard that its like solid plastic and still will still have some give to it like the original would have.

My discs are intact, and the globes are fine, but the blue side clear disk has a couple of cracks in it that I'll just be filling with a clear bartop style epoxy, but I might try and make a full mold of those as well and see how it holds up to being shot at with a couple of different casting epoxy. If one had a vacuum former, those would be easy to make out of a clear poly carb sheet, acrylic or similar that's strong enough to take the hits, but I don't have access to one (but I might try make a vacuum mold just for the fun of it).

If the clown turns out well and holds up, I'll let you all know as once the mold and material mix is figured out, its just as easy to make 10 as it is one.

The one thing I would appreciate some help on, is the motor for my clowns movement is totally gone. It must have malfunctioned at one point and was removed so my clown is just static at the moment. The bracket, wiring and the pull rope and pulley are in the machine, but no motor. Is the motor assembly the same or similar as the one that controls the disc rotation? If someone could post some pictures of it and its connection to the clown, that would be a big help as I might be able to jury rig a new motor setup in some way.

Thanks,

20160716_202828_(resized).jpg

#12 1 year ago

Hello,

I can help with some pics of the motors for you, but have no idea where to get them. They're actually motors and transmissions. I looked really well and didn't see any names or manufacturers on them except for a 401 that's raised inside the cast aluminum housing.
    If it were me, I'd call the master of old knowledge, Steve Young from Pinball Resource. He probably won't have parts, but he'll share a good story and if he can help, he'll steer you in the right direction.
    New plastic balls can be purchased from Salem Ball and I believe they're 11/16". Somewhere Clay Harrell has some info on these machines in his repair guides. If you can't find them I could look at a later time.
    I'm also very interested in a clown or 2 when it all works out too. Mine is totally gone. We had a troll head on it from MM but I took the machine apart years ago and one day I'll see if it goes back together without an argument.
    Good Luck,
    Walt

IMG_2392_(resized).JPG

IMG_2393_(resized).JPG

IMG_2394_(resized).JPG

IMG_2395_(resized).JPG

IMG_2396_(resized).JPG

#13 1 year ago

I could use a clown and discs as well. I have a picture of an NOS clown

image_(resized).jpeg

#14 1 year ago

Thanks for the motor pictures Walt - much as I though, its the same as the disc motor. Yesterday I came across a facebook posting from a fellow who sells machines of all types, (I see @kovalski3 that you saw it as well - same clown). The machine he posted looks to have a replacement motor on it that runs the discs. It has a label that I can almost make out but I emailed him for clarification. Shouldn't be to hard to find or make something that will work - I dont think the transmission gears are necessary if one can find, or dial in the right RPM motor, but it just has to be reversible on its electrical connections for the back and forth.

Attached are a few pics of my clown. It seems they made a couple different color schemes. Mine I thought was either a yellow, or a skin tone color that faded, I thought that it might have been white face at one point and spending 30+ years in the back of the machine degraded to this off yellow it is now. When I saw a couple examples of white ones, that also have a black shadowing line above the ears, which mine does not, I'm thinking now it was a off-skin tone color and they made a few different styles over the production run or for replacement parts. Who knows - not really critical I think, as when I cast these, I should be able to do any color pattern one would like, though the more colors the more steps involved.

One last question - and I know the answer to this before I ask, but by chance does anybody on this thread have an extra right side grip for the gun? Lol... Doubtful I know, but that's the only missing part on my machine besides the motor.

20160727_193550_(resized).jpg

20160727_193540_(resized).jpg

20160727_193546_(resized).jpg

20160727_193534_(resized).jpg

#15 1 year ago

Forgot to mention too - if anybody needs it I can scan it and upload, but inside my machine was the full wiring schematic.

#16 1 year ago

Hi Guys: I'm an another owner of Deluxe Shooting Gallery. Mine is up and running and we really enjoy it. I would be a buyer for both spinning dics and clown. I noticed hairline cracks on dics and weeks later they stated to break apart, just old brittle plastic. I would be happy to see a group of buyers to get these reproduced. Keep me posted. Thank you. Jon in Mn.

#17 1 year ago

First and second draft of my clown mold. Not perfect, but when compared to the originals detail quality, what I didn't get 100% right, the original has the same exact issues. (its tricky making tiny amounts of the casting rubber to do each color and then "paint" it into the mold with fine detail on the lips and collar before it sets in 2 to 5 mins). Making a few more I should get it down a bit better, but the originals were not detailed works of fine art either. at 4 feet away, and something that's made to be a target, I was super happy when I popped the first try out and saw it be pretty darn good. The first one I made to match the original one I had with a more "normal" skintone, then I made the white one.

A Scary clown would be easier to make lol! Messing up it's "makeup" one could easily make a crazy clown, vampire clown, green faced zombie clown.

I need to let it set up fully for 3 days, then I'll epoxy it onto the bracket in the machine and shoot it a couple hundred times and make sure it holds up, but the density is perfect just about - not to hard, but strong enough it will not tear off over time.

20160802_181104_(resized).jpg

#18 1 year ago

My congrats to you.
    Looks good and a whole hell of a lot better than what any of us have now.
    Also thank you for sharing, and I hope your test goes well.

#19 1 year ago

That is SWEET. Totally in for a clown or two, as well as discs if anyone can make them. Freeplay40 might be able to help, as he has been making vacuum formed ramps.

1 month later
    #20 1 year ago

Any update on the Discs and Clownheads for Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery? Im a buyer for a couple of clowns and rotating discs.

9 months later
    #21 1 year ago

Any progress on the clowns? I am about to begin restoration of my machine.

#22 1 year ago

A few years back when I restored the Deluxe, the Clown was totally gone,
    so I made one that resembled the clown on the scenery out of 1/8" lexan.
    His red nose is the bolt that held him on. Also had new scenery, backglass,
    and the header emblem made. I still (and I'm sure will always) have Midway's
    Rifle Gallery, but wish I also held onto the Deluxe. Kind of have my eye out
    for another one..

IMG_0120 (resized).JPG

IMG_0124 (resized).JPG

#23 1 year ago

Sooner or later I will get to wrk on mine. Gonna have to bit the bullet and figure out he clown and the spinning disc covers.

6 months later
    #24 6 months ago

Hey all, I just recently printed a clown for another member here. If interested in one pm me and we can go from there. It isn't perfect but beats the hell out of the old one he sent me. I made it as close to his as I could.

IMG_20180106_104258 (resized).jpg

#25 6 months ago

If someone want to send me one if their old disk I'm sure I could repro them as well.

#26 6 months ago

I know this is an old post, but if anybody has information on how the shoot again feature works on this game, would be most appreciated. Some of you probably still own the game. The schematic shows a button to implement, but I've never seen one on any examples. I have reached out to a few other folks, no luck so far. Thanks

#27 6 months ago

Working on the disks now

IMG_20180108_210933_01 (resized).jpg

#28 6 months ago

Pm sent. Interested in the discs and a clown.

#29 6 months ago

Anyone else want a clown head? I'm printing them tomorrow and won't do another batch for awhile.

#30 6 months ago
    Quoted from kovalski3:

Any progress on the clowns? I am about to begin restoration of my machine.

Making some clowns this weekend

#31 6 months ago
    Quoted from Ballzout:

Anyone else want a clown head? I'm printing them tomorrow and won't do another batch for awhile.

I do, but money is tight right now, and I haven't been to the game in a while

#32 6 months ago

What he said^^^

#33 6 months ago

has one coming through novaguy/ted. Thanks for the effort Ballzout. i noticed your post on FB and you seem to get a lot of arcade games.

#34 6 months ago
    Quoted from singlezero:

has one coming through novaguy/ted. Thanks for the effort Ballzout. i noticed your post on FB and you seem to get a lot of arcade games.

No problem, I try and aquire every old game I can come across even if I don't end up keeping most of them .

#35 6 months ago

All clown heads we're just shipped out, I hope you guys like them. The disks will be available very soon and will keep this post updated on progress.

#36 6 months ago

Here's a couple of games that my buddy Chris(singlezero)picked up a few weeks back.the one on the right is a working game were the one on the left needs some love but it's all there.

IMG_2812 (resized).JPG

#37 6 months ago

Man I would love to get another one of these!

2 weeks later
    #38 5 months ago

Starting the back disks tonight.

IMG_20180131_155445 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #39 4 months ago

Any one know where I can buy the reirnforced tubing and also my vacuume pneumatic doesn't suck anyone know where it can be repaired or purchased. Thanks in advance Phil

#40 4 months ago
    Quoted from Phil1234:

Any one know where I can buy the reirnforced tubing and also my vacuume pneumatic doesn't suck anyone know where it can be repaired or purchased. Thanks in advance Phil

The tubing is just vacuum tubing. Check around for a local repair shop, they should have it.

The vacuum (and interior of the game). Have to be kept really clean. You may just need to clean yours out, the unit is pretty robust. That being said, parts for this game are pretty much impossible to find, I don't think a complete vac. unit is going to be found by any supplier. Maybe a local pinhead could assist in fixing it?

4 months later
    #41 2 days ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

I know this is an old post, but if anybody has information on how the shoot again feature works on this game, would be most appreciated. Some of you probably still own the game. The schematic shows a button to implement, but I've never seen one on any examples. I have reached out to a few other folks, no luck so far. Thanks

Hi,
    on my game, the button to start the "shoot again" feature (free game) is connected to the slug rejector coin return plunger next to the coin drop (the switch is hidden by the slug rejector). When that light is on from beating the preset score, just push the coin return plunger down to start the new game. Hope this helps, Rick

#42 2 days ago

Thanks Rick, did find that out eventually... It wasn't that obvious for sure! Great game, it was for a client and in his collection now.

Quoted from flashbk13:

Hi,
    on my game, the button to start the "shoot again" feature (free game) is connected to the slug rejector coin return plunger next to the coin drop (the switch is hidden by the slug rejector). When that light is on from beating the preset score, just push the coin return plunger down to start the new game. Hope this helps, Rick

#43 2 days ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 109.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 64.99
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside