Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by edward472
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8nfjd1 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240419_220522475.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240412_173950754.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240419_131438852.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240419_132002296.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240419_220510669.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240413_221739196.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_175140193.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_174521514.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_171517669.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_171021434.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_170957063.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_171001751.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_170953311.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_231238135.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240418_231139105.MP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

I found some on eBay before but can’t locate the pink right now. Does it need to be corrugated? What’s the benefit? Why not just vinyl tubing from Home Depot?

I think it helps maintain the critical ID dimension for balls to rapidly flow through. On another link for these Midway shooters someone posted a link to the correct replacement hose.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

ebay.com link
    Seem right?

I like that setup if its the correct size! Thanks

#30 4 years ago

An assist for those as Cheap as me. I went to that Salem Specially Ball to get a quote and they wanted dam near $2 per ball. Hell no! Found these nylon balls used for paintball practice on Amazon for pennies. Available in different colors. Weight is spot on exact and the diameter is within .001". Bought a bag of 100 for a lifetime of spares. Made from the same nylon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5L11KK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00
    IMG_4427 (resized).jpgIMG_4427 (resized).jpg

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Nice find. Gonna order some. Glad the ball came in handy!

Yes it did! I am So looking forward to working on this beautiful Midway and can’t thank you enough for doing all the hard work! New clowns are in process just refining them so they are perfect.

3 weeks later
    #46 4 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

[quoted image]

Just ask for 80 of these swatches and a bottle of glue! Lol. I’m sure it will turn out great and a bit of patina might be a good look. Not rat urine patina though...

4 months later
    #75 3 years ago

That’s Ducking awesome! They look new now amazing.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Ball Lift Mech
    While I was cleaning the duck targets, I decided to experiment with the Evaporust to see why that film was forming. I thought maybe my batch of Evaporust got contaminated. I opened a new never used batch and dropped part of the ball lift mech in. Came back half an hour later and green/yellow film on some of it. At this point, it has to be something that is on the metal that is reacting to the Evaporust. It's not a big deal and doesn't hurt anything it was just weird. I'm sanitizing every part in the game. My wife won't allow the game in the house when it's done unless it's clean enough to eat off of because of the previous tenants in the game. Maybe I'm not getting all of sanitizer off. While I was doing all this, I was browsing Pinside and came across this:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-3/page/2#post-5653163
    If you aren't following his restore, you should. I was floored when I saw that stepper. The parts in these games are zinc plated steel. I didn't think you could get the corrosion off the plating and get it to a mirror shine like that. Leckmeck set the bar high and I had to see if I could get mine the same way. I took the ball lift mech part out of the bath. Rinsed it and set to work on it. I know mileage varies based on the condition of the existing plating, but I have to say I'm pretty proud. Will I do this to the whole game? Maybe. I haven't decided if the juice is worth the squeeze, but it's good knowing that I can if I want to
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Been using Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish for years. Depending on the part size I put 2 heaping teaspoons of the Mother’s in my walnut shell tumbler (Berry) and let it run for 2-3 days. All parts and screws come out Mirror finish every time. Works fine by hand but with the tumbler it’s just dump and let it go all night. Try polishing a copper penny with that stuff. Crazy looks like gold.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

I tried out the same thing. The results are amazing. Only different is that i used corn.

Consider walnut shells (any pet store, animal bedding). They break down much less (dust) and last longer when polishing. Love this setup.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Both of you need to stop egging me on to buy a tumbler I have a shop separate from the house. So the noise for me isn't an issue. But it's hard to buy a tool that expensive that I'm not going to use a lot. But my fingers are starting to hurt

Honestly not that expensive for all you will use it. I Think mine was $100? Sold at most major Cabelas type sporting goods stores in the gun shells isle. Been using mine for over 16 years with never an issue but Yes, you do want it in a separate garage as running it all night can be a noise issue.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

You're starting to convince me I need another tool... now convince my wife.

I gave up doing that with my wife. Instead I opt for the buy it and respond “that’s always been there!” Reply. Lol

1 week later
    #98 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

I havent been working on the game because I was waiting for this! Finally here. Time to get back to work. 1 of 2 deliveries this week I was really looking forward to. Second delivery this week is really gonna turn some heads!
    [quoted image]

Just remember it takes Time and patience to get incredible results. Pet store walnut shells (bed liner) and 2-3 spoon scoops of Mother’s mag and chrome polish. Don’t over fill with parts or they tend to scratch together, and Time! Results are ok in 12 hours but if you can turn it on and leave it go all weekend the parts will be Unreal and mirror finish. Don’t bother with plastic parts. To aggressive. Even old balls will look new again. After parts are done I personally use a magnet to pull the small screws etc out and a few minutes with each part and a cotton towel and Magic! Good luck.

1 year later
    #177 2 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Clown
    Tongue and forehead added.
    [quoted image]

Holly Crap I completely forgot!! I have one made for you, you will just have to paint it as we won't have time. Dam I'm getting old... lol. Shoot me a PM with your address and I can try to get it out this weekend. Cast copy and improved from original. Keep that project going!

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

How much do you charge for your Clown? You mean ruined it was cast? Any pictures?

He had an NOS original I made a cast from and made new ones. Just haven't gotten around to finishing them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-rife-gallery-restore-previous-rat-mansion-?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.