7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OHEMIO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Haunted House pic 2 (resized).jpg
    Haunted House pic 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OHEMIO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Pinsider's

Have searched the web. Have not found a post or vid on how to repair a Midway Score Motor. Purchased a Haunted House well over a year ago. I have decided to repair the motor in advance of the restoration.

I'm confident that the Score Motor needs to to be rewound. Per the attached picture the winding is black and it's Ohm reading is a dead short.

I feel comfortable tearing down the assembly. I completed this process for the motor on my Midway S.A.M.I. However the magnet windings were in perfect condition. The gears were seized with oil.

The uncharted territory for me is the disassembly of the magnets and how to measure the enameled wire. I picked up Empire digital calipers.

I measured is .0295 to .0290 however I'm wondering if this should be measured without the enamel on the wire. I believe that this gage is either 21 or 22 AWG.

The other challenge I have is ordering enough enameled magnet wire. Must be the same length. How to measure the same amount of wire.

Will start posting the tear down this weekend. Open to ideas of someone has had past experience rewinding. Everything will be documented for future reference.

Appreciate any feedback you may have...or if there is a rebuild post out there. Last thing I want to do is create another.

OHEMIO

#2 7 years ago

Haunted House pic 1 (resized).jpgHaunted House pic 1 (resized).jpg

Haunted House pic 2 (resized).jpgHaunted House pic 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OHEMIO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-haunted-house-score-motor-rebuild?tu=OHEMIO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.