By parkway

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Midway Haunted House B (EM Gun Game)

Added: 2015-12-27 11:55:06 UTC • Ended: February 28th, 2016

Price

$ 1,200

Up for sale is one of my Midway Haunted Houses. We'll call this one Haunted House "B". (Haunted House A, the nicer of the two will go up for sale later today.) Making room in my arcade and, frankly, I'm not an EM guy, so I have no real attachment to this. When I received it, it was non-working, but I have gotten it to about 90%. It's probably easier to list the "bad" aspects of the game than the good:

- Game does not score correctly. This is likely an issue with the score assembly that is connected to the score motor. This is a game that uses the Midway motorized scoring system. The score reel assembly has to be taken apart, adjusted, and cleaned most likely to get the scoring back in order. I did not feel like doing this as it's a pain in the neck with these games.

- At the initial slow speeds, the cat/witch carriage sometimes gets stuck. This is an adjustment issue and also from the wires being a little stiff. It does not freeze indefinitely and the carriage motor works; once the player starts shooting the "dance" logic will start to move said carriage left and right. Once the player starts to score and the game gets harder, it will move freely.

- The 8-track tape has a bad section of tape where it does not play the background. This lack of background sound lasts for about 10 seconds. The monster sound is a little hard to hear as well.

- Cabinet is a little rough. Not water damaged; wood is solid, however, lots of bumps and bruises, scrapes, dings, etc. The upper back door is also cracked from me getting up and slamming my head into it. The piece of wood that the reset bank is screwed to is holding it together though (and quite solidly, I might add).

Everything else works as it should. It's honestly still a fun game to play. Once the scoring is adjusted, it can be used as a "player's" machine and be fine in a collection as is. For a better view of all of the above, see the attached video. The first 50 seconds are horrible, so skip to :54 to get a clear shot of the game play with a cabinet "tour" to follow. My iPhone ran out of storage so it abruptly ends, but you get a good feel for what it looks like. I was also pretty tired, so I apologize for the babbling/losing my train of thought during it.

I would greatly prefer to NOT ship this. By their nature, these games are notorious to have all sorts of hiccups after being moved around and transported. The sighting is dialed in nicely as it is now. I would also like the buyer to be able to try it out and put hands on at the time of purchase; I'm more comfortable with that as a seller.

However/whoever picks it up though must being help as it needs to go up a very short, but steep staircase from a basement to my family room (and then it's ground level out the door to the driveway). This game is heavy; NOT a one-man move.

I think I've covered it. Any questions, post or PM. Thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are parkway's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to parkway's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Yorktown Heights, NY, US

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-haunted-house-b-em-gun-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.