Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2596[1].JPG
IMG_2595[1].JPG
IMG_2594[1].JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

I'm looking for flipper rebuild parts for my Rotation VIII. These are the parts in the owner's manual.

When I search online for any similar rebuild kits or parts, they don't appear to be the same as what's shown in the manual. Is a typical Bally rebuild kit from 1975 to 1980 the way to go? Worst off there are three flippers so I need 1.5 kits.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

looking at the kits available the link that attaches to the plunger appears to be unique to your game, nice by the way.
and the lever arm assembly/crank looks to be like later Williams.

but looking at the IPDB the under table view looks to have original flipper assemblies that match the generic Bally style.

how bad are your flipper assemblies?

can you post pics of them?

#3 1 year ago

Upper rightIMG_2594[1].JPGIMG_2594[1].JPG

Lower rightIMG_2595[1].JPGIMG_2595[1].JPG

Lower leftIMG_2596[1].JPGIMG_2596[1].JPG

#4 1 year ago

Coils have been replaced (with the wrong coil). Definitely looks like Bally.

#5 1 year ago

your pin so your call, but apart from a torn coil wrapper and in the second pic it looks like the EOS switch is open, but it could just be the fishpaper blade, the assemblies look in good condition, nothing that a tear down, clean and new EOS switches and coil sleeves should fix.

but can't see the coil stops, they may be fine or they may need replacing?

what are your concerns, like what are/aren't the flippers doing? too strong? too weak? not working?

or do you just want to tidy her up?

and yes have the same windings as Bally

#6 1 year ago

Yeah, want to tidy it up. Doing a complete teardown and rebuild so may as well address he flippers now.

#7 1 year ago

Midway was a Bally subsidiary and obtained their parts from there although they gave them different numbers. You can rebuild the flippers with a late 70s Bally pinball rebuild kit and parts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-flipper-rebuild-parts?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.