(Topic ID: 158137)

Midway 8 Track Player - NEW MODERN REPLACEMENT OPTION!

By thepita007

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by thepita007
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1050158 (resized).JPG
    P1050146 (resized).JPG
    P1050145 (resized).JPG
    Gangbusters__(9)_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I too could use this for gangbusters. Currently I have a custom 8track I recorded with gansters sounds taken from "filthy angles" from one alone.
    Fortytwo

I would get one from you too , very interested in this For my gangbusters , My "Robber" sound is not working due to a bad MFC 8040 chip on the pre amp .
    One tip for the guys with Midway Amp boards ,(larger Amp inside the rear door ) , put new IC sockets in for the LM354 IC's, this got the 'gun and explosion' sounds going again on my game,
    A picture of the pre amp board (3 tracks) used on the Gangbusters which lives inside the 8 track player ...
    Keep up the good work 007!

Gangbusters__(9)_(resized).JPGGangbusters__(9)_(resized).JPG

#21 7 years ago

Re Gangbusters ,
    The game (should have) the 3 pre-recorded tracks ( Car , Robber and background ) also the 2 extra Gun and Explosion sounds when trigger is pulled , Explosion only sounds when hit is made on the car ,
    hope this make sense ,
    keep up the good work guys , This will bring a few old Midway games back to life .

1 year later
    #24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

I would get one from you too , very interested in this For my gangbusters , My "Robber" sound is not working due to a bad MFC 8040 chip on the pre amp .
    One tip for the guys with Midway Amp boards ,(larger Amp inside the rear door ) , put new IC sockets in for the LM354 IC's, this got the 'gun and explosion' sounds going again on my game,
    A picture of the pre amp board (3 tracks) used on the Gangbusters which lives inside the 8 track player ...
    Keep up the good work 007!

I managed to get my sounds fixed , The Robber voices sound , It was a bad 555 timer chip on the Amp Board.
    I replaced both and new sockets .
    Originally I'd Thought it was on the 8 track pre amp board that's mounted inside the 8 track player .

Quoted from PACMAN:

Looking to buy one of the kits for my Haunted House. What's the latest?

Do you have the 8 track and sound amp boards Pacman?
    Maybe you can repair yours if you have all the boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-em-rifle-modern-audio-replacement?tu=Ralph67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.