Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by edward472
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191019_135012 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0141 (resized).JPG
    20190720_113639 (resized).jpg
    20191012_143805 (resized).jpg
    20191011_172407 (resized).jpg
    20191011_164757 (resized).jpg
    20191011_165325 (resized).jpg
    20191011_162622 (resized).jpg
    20190707_150718 (resized).jpg
    20190920_201729 (resized).jpg
    20190916_194451 (resized).jpg
    20190915_164753 (resized).jpg
    20190915_151700 (resized).jpg
    20190912_174741 (resized).jpg
    20190915_145054 (resized).jpg
    20190716_174628 - Copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

Did one of these a couple years ago and ran into very similar issues as you are. Would have been nice if somebody already documented as well as you have. Will certainly be helpful for others in the future. I ended up making some doughnut-shaped discs to protect most of the spinning discs one of mine was also damaged and needed to be repaired. Clear lexan quarter inch thick. Did the trick. Very fun game once you get it all working. Following along.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Interesting, never heard of using bread. I have 5 more reels that need cleaning. I'll definitely try this.

The lack of documentation on this game is a pain. That's half the reason I'm putting all of this down.Interesting idea to make disc protectors. How did you mount the lexan to the disk?

I use three small Phillips flat head nickel plated screws for each disc. Not too obtrusive.

1 month later
    #45 4 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Wrapping Up Loose Ends
    I got the last part of the scenery installed. It was a bit too wide so it had to be shaved down. I'm pleased with how it turned out.
    [quoted image]
    I installed the velcro to the tabs that hold the backglass and to the score reel assembly. This should stop any vibration in the backglass during gameplay.
    [quoted image]
    While I was testing the game, the clown stopped moving. Upon further review, the string had snapped. My wife was heading to the craft store. So, I tagged along to see if they didn't have a suitable replacement. I found some cotton cording that was the right size. Putting a new string in was a pain. Getting the string and wheel setup just right so there is enough tension and slack was an exercise in patience. But I finally got it working. Went back to test the game and now the timer isn't running. The switch is making contact. So, I can only assume it's yet another cold solder joint on the timer reel.
    At this point,the only thing left to do is fix the timer and paint the cabinet. But I'm out of room and time for this project so the game is for sale. If I have time to look into the timer I will. If I can't get it sold, I'll probably just put it into storage until I have more room or buy a bigger house, but hopefully it won't come to that.

The string is a pain in the ass! The original was nylon, would have used something like that. Hopefully, your cotton string will not stretch out over time and start slipping sagging. Great game worth every effort to restore many hours of fun!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-deluxe-shooting-gallery-restore?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.