3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by smohr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

I just started having some scoring issue with my Midway Bullseye game. At times it will add 12 or 14 points to the score. I did remove, disassemble, clean, reassemble both mechanisms, that did not resolve the scoring issue. I notice now that the Control Unit Disc does not make a smooth rotation from one notch to another. Could this be a sign of worn leather clutch washers? Video link below.

#2 3 years ago

Ok, I am marking this as resolved. Hurrayyyy!. I swear I disassembled the control unit side mechanism about 20 times. I focused on the Control Unit Disc and the hesitation that I was seeing. I loosened up on the Control Unit latch (spring in back) and that made a slight difference, wasnt applying as much pressure on the rotating disc. I also noticed on the disc itself, the area just before the latch stop, it was very rough, so I filed that smooth and that took care of the hesitation/premature stopping just before the actual stop. The last thing I checked was the contact fingers on the rotating control disc. I was able to feel a snag on one of the contacts. I lightly filed that smooth and also did a quick once over on the other 3 contacts on the disc and BULLSEYE!. I played 9 straight games to completion without the Control Unit disc hesitating and stopping prematurely. All scoring is correct. For giggles, while I hunt for new leather clutch washers, I cleaned them and soaked them in neatsfoot oil for about 7 hours, then overnight, I sandwiched them between paper towels to absorb all the excess oil and they seem to be working just fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midway-bullseye-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.