4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by konjurer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So, did anyone get a chance to see it last night? I'm a big fan of Hereditary (still messes with me whenever I think about it, afraid to watch it again), so I went to check it out.

Haven't stopped thinking about it all day. Man, what a messed up movie.

#2 4 years ago

Just got back from seeing it. I liked it a lot. My wife and I are debating which movie is more disturbing. I say Hereditary. She thinks Midsommar.

Both of his movies hide clues to the plot in images throughout. I feel like I should rewatch them both at some point.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Just got back from seeing it. I liked it a lot. My wife and I are debating which movie is more disturbing. I say Hereditary. She thinks Midsommar.
    Both of his movies hide clues to the plot in images throughout. I feel like I should rewatch them both at some point.

Definitely needs a second viewing. Did you catch the faces in the trees? Very trippy!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Definitely needs a second viewing. Did you catch the faces in the trees? Very trippy!

Oh, no. I missed that.

By the way, if you liked this, you should try “The Endless” which I think you can still watch on Netflix. Different feel to the movie, but the whole commune thing reminded me of it. It is also another movie that really makes you think.

#5 4 years ago

I want to see it. I'm a little discouraged that audiences don't seem to like it as much as the critics on RT, but it looks very interesting to me. I'm gonna have to watch Hereditary. I somehow missed that one.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I want to see it. I'm a little discouraged that audiences don't seem to like it as much as the critics on RT, but it looks very interesting to me. I'm gonna have to watch Hereditary. I somehow missed that one.

Hereditary will burrow itself under your skin and stay there for a long time. Ending is completely bonkers, almost no stingers ("jump scares") and amazing acting.

Midsommar isn't as much "horror" as it is just trippy, weird, pagan ritual stuff. Some horrific sights, for sure. And definitely a slow burn.

Both outstanding movies.

#7 4 years ago

Any surveillance on what his next movie is going to be? He’s becoming a favorite director of mine, and he only has done two movies.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Any surveillance on what his next movie is going to be? He’s becoming a favorite director of mine, and he only has done two movies.

Nothing that I can find. Dude is probably just enjoying the success of Midsommar first.

#9 4 years ago

Wife and I went to see Midsommar today. Was excited because it really sounded like an interesting and unique horror film. We both broke out laughing at the end and not in a good way. Both thought it was not very good. If you've seen Wicker Man then you've seen this movie already. It is better than Wicker Man but still awful. Not scary. Disturbing but not in a way that makes the movie interesting. Pan's Labyrinth had disturbing scenes but it really had depth in meaning and many interpretations. Midsommar seemed to have no purpose other than to be weird. My wife said she gets to pick the next 10 movies.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midsommar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.