Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HarrieD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FCB57280-592D-4BF9-BABE-BBC3B6605665 (resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    MV5BMjE1NzMxNDQ5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMT.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Can someone please explain this to me, and what machines this if offered on. It just happens at midnight if your playing your machines? Or do you turn into a zombie or what is it?

#2 12 years ago

I think the machines with midnight madness are Congo, Junkyard, Dirty Harry, and one or two others i am missing. it only happens at midnight so a lot of people off set the clock so it happens during the day sometime.

#3 12 years ago

It's a special mode where extra points are awarded and un-usual / fun sounds, lights, etc are played at exactly midnight. Basically during a ball if the clock hits Midnight while the game is in play, the machine "turns off" and then shows "MIDNIGHT MADNESS". Then you get to play for a few minutes.

Here is a video I recorded in January of my Johnny Mnemonic's Midnight Madness:

#4 12 years ago

Do the points you get during midnight madness multi ball count towards the game you were originally playing, and do you just pick up your original game where you left off?

#5 12 years ago

It is essentially a mode and you gain any points earned on that mode towards your current game.

#6 12 years ago

Yep, that's exactly what happens. Even if you're in the middle of a mode, the whole thing shuts down and then launches Midnight Madness. Once you're down to your last ball, it picks up right back in the middle of where you were.

Fun stuff!

Later,
    EV

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from trihedron:

It's a special mode where extra points are awarded and un-usual / fun sounds, lights, etc are played at exactly midnight. Basically during a ball if the clock hits Midnight while the game is in play, the machine "turns off" and then shows "MIDNIGHT MADNESS". Then you get to play for a few minutes.
    Here is a video I recorded in January of my Johnny Mnemonic's Midnight Madness:
    » YouTube video

wow looks cool on Jm, is there a list of machines that does that?

#8 12 years ago

you gotta love it

#9 12 years ago

Who Dunnit has it as well.

#10 12 years ago

Sadly I play at midnight all the time and I have never seen this function.
    I would also be very interested in a complete list of games that have this.

Thanks all

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Do the points you get during midnight madness multi ball count towards the game you were originally playing, and do you just pick up your original game where you left off?

They get added to your score... I was playing Midnight Madness just the other day on Congo, it was a 4 ball multiball... at first I thought the machine had re-set and I'd some work to do, then I realised, when it booted back up again with 'Midnight Madness' on the display that all was good!! I got about 700mil on that midnight madness alone, so should not be used in tourny play

I have my clock set so it gets to midnight at about 8pm so I can enjoy the madness more often, but to be honest I might re-set the clock to normal because it kind of screws the score up... I'd not like to get the high score in a game that included Midnight Madness for example 'cos I'd feel I cheated... especially if I wasn't playing the game at midnight!!

#12 12 years ago

When I first got Midnight Madness on my Congo it scared the crap out of me...I had no idea what it was. I also thought the game was freakin' out and was gonna have to be repaired. It was also not set up right time wise (from when I got it), so that was part of the problem too. I have since set the clock right, and gotten it a couple times at midnight. Fun to get once you know what it is. Once the MM multiball is over, it just goes right back to your regular game like nothing ever happened...

HMMMM...Now I am curious, does this feature turn off when in tournament mode?? cause My Congo was used in a tourney this past weekend, and was in heavy play at midnight 2 nights in a row...Curious whether this comes into play if the game is set to tourney mode??

Phoebe

#13 12 years ago

I just picked up JM this weekend, and am looking forward to Midnight Madness. Thanks for sharing the video, Trihedron!

#14 12 years ago

ToM has midnight madness.Advance clock to midnight trunk goes to magnetic side and you can bang on it for a while and grab big points.You also need it for one of the diamonds on the bottom of playfield to get Grand Finale,which is the ending/wizard mode.Scott

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

ToM has midnight madness.

It technically does since it is an actual mode on the game, but I believe this thread was about the series of games that have a "secret mode" that only activates at midnight on the internal game clock.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

ToM has midnight madness.Advance clock to midnight trunk goes to magnetic side and you can bang on it for a while and grab big points.You also need it for one of the diamonds on the bottom of playfield to get Grand Finale,which is the ending/wizard mode.Scott

By that logic, Funhouse has midnight madness too.

I would agree that it is just a game mode, not and actual "midnight madness" feature.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

When I first got Midnight Madness on my Congo it scared the crap out of me...I had no idea what it was. I also thought the game was freakin' out and was gonna have to be repaired.

The exact same thing happened to me too and thought I would sneak a game in before going to bed. While playing I shot the ball up the left orbit into the volcano to lock and then the machine went dark. I was like WTF?? Then a few seconds later it came back on flashing Midnight Madness and balls were shooting out like crazy. I tried to play them all but it was making way too much noise so I stood back and let it all drain before my wife came down to kick my butt! The next day at work I was dying to get home to change my system clock so I could get it

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Curious whether this comes into play if the game is set to tourney mode??

It can't do, surely...

#19 12 years ago

I knew the W?D had a MM mode but not Congo and JM, I will have to alter the clocks in mine to get it to happen. I think that you only get MM once after it has gone midnight. Am I right or will it happen on every game you play? Matt.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from matt_adams:

Am I right or will it happen on every game you play? Matt.

You get it once at midnight... every midnight... so if you only play just before midnight, you'll get it every game you play

#21 12 years ago

it happens on NBA fastbreak too. its gets the blood pumping. you can cheat by resetting the clock in the settings, but dont as it spoils it for the surprise when it kicks in..

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from hypertrev:

you can cheat by resetting the clock in the settings, but dont as it spoils it for the surprise when it kicks in..

You can always close your eyes when you set the clock, then it will be even more of a surprise than if the clock was set correctly

7 months later
    #23 11 years ago

I just activated it in my JM for the first time and it was awesome. It happened around 4:45 PST so obviously my clock is off. It happened early in the game and I had no clue what I did, since I had only hit a couple of shots. The entire game went dark and shut down and then started a four ball Multi for about 2 min. Every ramp and shot I hit the DMD said POW and BAM and other Batman-style phrases.

#24 11 years ago

I thought this thread was going to be about a disney movie, which also has an arcade scene (with pee-wee) with pinballs in the background

MV5BMjE1NzMxNDQ5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMT.jpgMV5BMjE1NzMxNDQ5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMT.jpg

#25 11 years ago

This stuff is so very cool, why programmers don't do this kind of stuff today is beyond me!

#26 11 years ago

Would be neat if they did this stuff more often.

2 years later
    #27 9 years ago

i Know this is an old post but the list is

Congo, Dirty Harry, Johnny Mnemonic, Junkyard, NBA Fastbreak, and Who Dunnit

Im kinda excited for TBL if it has Shabbos rules

1 year later
    #28 8 years ago

just resurrecting because its such a cool feature!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I think it's in GOT?

I heard this in another thread as well, and it seemed Dwight from stern confirmed it. Came here to see if anyone had any footage of it.

#31 8 years ago

GOT has midnight madness, lots of fun when you forget the time and wonder what the hell is happening in the middle of a game.

#32 8 years ago

I thought my GOT reset on me then the MM started. It's hilarious and full of Hodor.

#33 8 years ago

It happened to me in a tournament playing junkyard, was actually kind of upset as it happened when I locked a ball to start multiball.

2 months later
    #34 7 years ago

Looks like Ghostbusters has a Midnight Madness mode as well! It's nice that Dwight has resurrected this really cool easter egg type feature.

#35 7 years ago

Forgot about this. Set Johnny Mnemonic midnight for 7:15pm. Started a 4p game a few minutes before and my son got it on ball 1.

The game goes dark and then the mode starts. After its over the screen says "Reboot".
    Here's a few pics

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from parabol420:

I heard this in another thread as well, and it seemed Dwight from stern confirmed it. Came here to see if anyone had any footage of it.

that stuff better be off in tournament mode and TOPS play to keep it fair.

11 months later
    #37 7 years ago

I wonder if there is Midnight Madness on Junkyard on Pinball Arcade on the PS4?

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

I wonder if there is Midnight Madness on Junkyard on Pinball Arcade on the PS4?

does the clock work right in Pinball Arcade? Does there hooks in the roms get messed up by Midnight Madness?

#39 7 years ago

I can confirm MM is in pinball arcade. Got it while playing Who Dunnit

#40 7 years ago

Haymaker - thanks! (forgot about WD) Guess I'll have to stay up late!

#41 7 years ago

Skip to 1:40 or so for Game of Thrones.

Have seen it once live, and it's amazing.

#42 7 years ago

Don't leave out GB,I set the clock so MM happens at noon!! Fun!!!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Skip to 1:40 or so for Game of Thrones.
    » YouTube video
    Have seen it once live, and it's amazing.

I played it a few times

#44 6 years ago

Is there a MM in the MM?

It would seem logical!

2 years later
    #45 4 years ago

I had never heard of this before but it happened to me while playing last Friday

FCB57280-592D-4BF9-BABE-BBC3B6605665 (resized).jpegFCB57280-592D-4BF9-BABE-BBC3B6605665 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #46 4 years ago

The Munsters got it too. Thought I broke it at first. What a cool feature!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midnight-madness?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.