Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BabyPac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So, the solenoid voltage and a switch ground from a Middle Earth pin walk into a bar. . .

This joke did not end well, nor was it funny.

Long and short, after their trip to the bar, the start, coin-ups, all three tilt switches and the self-test switch are not working. I've replaced all the 145s in the switch circuitry, the 9301 , the switch input chip at C5, and the 7404 at E10 and the 7414s at C9, D9 and E9. All else on the game appears to operate normally (lamps cycle in attract mode, scores start at 888 and go to zero after 30 sec., etc.), just can't coin-up, start a game or self-test.

The light on the coin door is fine, as is the coin lockout solenoid. The ground from the coin door to the aux. board tests good and from the aux board to the main board as well (ground shows continuity for a split second then cuts out, actually).

What am I missing here? Could the power surge has fried something on the aux. board that I'm overlooking?

NOTE: prior to the unfortunate solenoid voltage to switch ground snafu, all switches were operating fine; just two solenoids were not working.

HELP ME, OBI-PINSIDE, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

TIA

1 week later
#2 6 years ago

The aux board was fine. The 7403 at D9 was the final piece to this puzzle. Now back to my two remaining solenoid issues.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/middle-earth-dead-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.