(Topic ID: 189747)

Middle Chime stays on

By stingray4me

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5419 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stingray4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Just got my Williams Hot TIp EM version for free off craigslist last week. Put a new flipper bushing on today & noticed the middle chime stays on once it's been activated. I can tell it's energized cause it wont hardly let me try to push it back down.

DSCN5419 (resized).JPGDSCN5419 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

None of the 7 bumpers give me any points.. Any of these 7 bumpers will activate the middle chime that stays on. so maybe the 2 problems are related. The bell will ring for the 1st hit on any of them as it should. but wont ring again since the middle chime coil is activated. I check all the switches on the playflield thought that may be it since I just put on new rubber yesterday. I just got this game the other day for free off craigslist so I'm noticing things on it that aint working right.

#5 6 years ago

Just checked the 10 pt relay before I read your answer. A yellow wire did fall off easily & I soldered it back on but that didn't help. I cleaned the relay switch & checked the wires on it. will look on the playfield now.

#6 6 years ago

Woo Hoo got it fixed it was the 10 point relay. I manually operated about 5 times & points didn't even registered. but they did after I activated manually about 20 times. I did that some more & it's working fine by it self now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stingray4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/middle-chime-stays-on?tu=stingray4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.