(Topic ID: 122625)

Mid 90's Ford Bronco For A Pin Hauler?

By herbertbsharp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oj.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Anyone have any experience with haulin pins in a 1992-1996 Bronco? Does the back seat give you any trouble? I've never even ridden in one but I'd really like to pick one up. I want to make sure it will work before I get too excited . Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

Haha as soon as I saw the thread title I was going to say OJ!!

But I was tooooo slowwwww

rd.

#5 9 years ago

....White Broncos only haul Who Dunnits..

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

It's Obvious this thread ends.....We all hate a White Ford Bronco..

I have a 95 bronco as a daily driver, and unless you are going to take the back seat out, no, it's not a good pin hauler. The reason is you have this large locking mechanism for the seat that juts out about 4 inches into the cargo space. The problem is, the cargo space is **just* long enough to fit a standard williams or stern pin, but with the locking mechanism in the way, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in there flush and not damage the pin.

Sorry, man.

-Wes

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

I have a 95 bronco as a daily driver, and unless you are going to take the back seat out, no, it's not a good pin hauler. The reason is you have this large locking mechanism for the seat that juts out about 4 inches into the cargo space. The problem is, the cargo space is **just* long enough to fit a standard williams or stern pin, but with the locking mechanism in the way, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in there flush and not damage the pin.
    Sorry, man.
    -Wes

So if I remove the back seat you think it will work? I'm ok with that.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

So if I remove the back seat you think it will work? I'm ok with that.

Yep, it will. Just a few big ass bolts hold the seat down.

-Wes

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

Yep, it will. Just a few big ass bolts hold the seat down.
    -Wes

Thanks! That's a big help!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Thanks! That's a big help!

no problem, I'm happy to go grab some measurements if you need it.

-Wes

#11 9 years ago

Couple tips, as I had one of these long ago. Make sure there's not a ton of rust on the rear tailgate, a PITA to fix or to replace the whole thing $$. The reason being, if it's started to rust there's a possibility that your rear window components could be damaged and break at any point. And if that goes, you won't be using it to haul any pins until it's fixed. Also make sure the key works to lower the window as well as the switch in the cab.

One bonus, you probably wouldn't ever have to worry about snow stopping you from picking up a pin.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

Couple tips, as I had one of these long ago. Make sure there's not a ton of rust on the rear tailgate, a PITA to fix or to replace the whole thing $$. The reason being, if it's started to rust there's a possibility that your rear window components could be damaged and break at any point. And if that goes, you won't be using it to haul any pins until it's fixed. Also make sure the key works to lower the window as well as the switch in the cab.
    One bonus, you probably wouldn't ever have to worry about snow stopping you from picking up a pin.

Thanks!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mid-90s-ford-bronco-for-a-pin-hauler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.