(Topic ID: 286405)

Mid 70's Bally EM Playfield Glass Metal Frame

By JeffThanksYou

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello- looking to clean up the metal assembly that "receives/seals" the playfield glass as it slid back into the machine- just above the top end of playfield- its a 2 piece "frame" that appears to have some sort of gasket/seal in it. Can anyone post a pic of an intact one/showing the detail of where the seal is and how its positioned? Mine is pretty shredded - if I am going to clean up/polish want to fix and correct that as well. Thanks for the help.

#2 3 years ago

If you're talking the standard rails and not the lift up frame, it goes up on the top of the top piece of the frame assembly above the piece that screws into the cab. Right at the bend of the part.

It's basically beer seal and it doesn't run across the entire piece, or at least never has in any game I've ever worked on. It doesn't really seal, it is more there to cushion the end of the glass. The true beer seal goes on the lockdown bar.

You can use self stick foam insulation to replace it.

#3 3 years ago

Yes- that piece at the exact opposite end of the lockdown bar up under the head.....assumed it was merely to cushion - but thanks for confirm - agree think thin strip of self stick insulation after polishing cleaning should work out. Again thanks for the confirm.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mid-70-s-bally-em-playfield-glass-metal-frame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.