(Topic ID: 1935)

Microswitches...switchable?

By PwninShiznat

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Hey guys, I'm in need of a new switch for the left cellar door kickout on my Whirlwind. The schematics show that the switch I need is part #5647-12073-25. I've checked a few places and can't find one. I've found a very similar switch #5647-12693-25, and I was just wondering if it's possible to use one of these instead? Any potential problems that could create, or anything I need to be careful if I do? Thanks in advance

#2 13 years ago

I had to change a switch on JP and the only problem I had getting one similar was the blades didnt work. Switched blades to new switch and problem solved. If theres a diode on old, make sure theres one on new and shouldnt be a problem.

#3 13 years ago

Should be fine, if there isn't one available, then sometimes you have to get a different switch and make it work, bend it, swap parts, etc.

#4 13 years ago

I've done the same as tomdotcom mentioned and taken apart the leaf contacts and spacers and built up what I need from two different ones.

#5 13 years ago

I had to buy a generic switch with a long straight wire and had to bend/cut the wire lever to match. Works fine.
Usually the last two numbers of the part# reference the shape of the lever/wire.
I can't find any reference to your 12073 part to compare them. Are you sure that is the correct part #?

#6 13 years ago

Sounds good, thanks everybody.

SC: Yeah, that's the number, got it from the pdf off ipdb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/microswitchesswitchable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.