• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B54DF889-E7E0-4F18-A73D-2B833616C361 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
65CEB663-90EA-43C9-80A0-99613A9998AD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

If a saucer is supposed to keep a ball locked but it is ejecting at the wrong time, should I be looking at the solenoid ?
The micro switch tests fine. All the diodes in the row and column are good.
(I am reposting this to hopefully get some new eyes. Thanks )

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

First, go through all your switch and coil tests. Make sure everything tests correctly and matches the switch/coil names.
If someone repinned a connector and mixed up a couple wires, that could be a possible reason why something appears to be triggering at the wrong time.

Thanks.. I did go through all the switch tests... everything is registering correctly
I had tested coils and they did all fire, but I will pay specific attention to the numbers..

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m not familiar with the game. What normally causes the ball to eject? I would start there. So, if hitting switch X causes the ball to eject once it is in the saucer, perhaps you are getting phantom switch hits on switch X, either because it is gapped too close or some other reason.

Thanks..Its a strange system where the ball is supposed to stay in the saucer untill you complete a standup bank. It then goes into "arrest" mode and the saucer is to eject the ball foward to another saucer to allow ball 2 to come into the original lock.. Only one of the standups that gets you into the mode is in the same column, but I will check all the diodes in the bank

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

When exactly does it mis-eject (if you’ll allow me to make up a word)? As soon as the ball lands in the saucer, or some other time? If some other time, can you pinpoint when? Have you hit some of the standup targets but not all, for instance? Try to pay particular attention to when this is happening to see if there is a trend, or if it is completely random.

It happens happens consistently. I attached a photo. To start lock, you need to enter arrest mode by hitting stand ups. Then you make a ramp shot and it falls through a trapdoor and rolls into switch/lock 28. At that point it is supposed to stay in lock untill yoy activate arrest mode a second time. But it will eject it from 28 , roll into 29 and eject the next ball into the shooter lane. If you make the ramp a second time during arrest the ball falls into 28, ejects , bumps ball in 29 and rolls back into 28.
So it seems the problem has to do with 28, but I don’t know where.
Hope that wasn’t confusing

65CEB663-90EA-43C9-80A0-99613A9998AD (resized).jpeg65CEB663-90EA-43C9-80A0-99613A9998AD (resized).jpeg
#12 3 years ago

I am running 3.0

Def have 3 balls in..

I have put it in switch test and active switches with a ball in the 28. Even put ball in 28 /29 and trough.. they all register correctly. I tried ejecting the trough balls thinking when they roll down maybe they didn’t trigger but they do.
The trapdoor is just a flap that directs it to saucer 28, no switch. There are two ramp switches but they register correctly as well

There was a thread from years back with the same issue. I contacted the pinsider and it was fixed, but not by him. He was nice enough to try and contact that guy who fixed it but no luck yet

Thanks for all the response. I will go back to the ramp switches. And check all the diodes on the standups that begin multi

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13 3 years ago

Went through and checked the 2 ramp diodes and both were good. All diodes in row/column are good.

Went back to switch test. Every switch matches with the switch matrix. Then went into active switch test and held every switch, it also registers all correctly.

At this point I would think there has to be a bad board component? The connectors are all clean as well. If anyone else has an idea please let me know.

#15 3 years ago

Yes. Sorry I did the switch and coil tests

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

You can test the boards following the instructions below.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#On_Board.2FOff_Board_Switch_Matrix_Problem_Determination
I would suspect a switch (or diode) that's in column 4 or rows 5 and 4 has an issue. I would remove all balls, start switch edges test, put a ball in 28, then trigger all switches in that column and those rows. Still only getting 28 plus the other triggered switch? Try triggering multiple switches in those rows/ column with a ball in 28. Still no extra switches triggering? Repeat with ball only in 29, then balls in 28 and 29. Column 4 and row 5 are your biggest suspects.

I will try that. I had put balls in 28 and 29 and hit one switch then held
Down multiple switches. Everything did register.
But I will go through the suggested test process. I ordered new game roms since these appear to be original. At least rule them out
Thanks

#18 3 years ago

Ok. Went back and did the coil tests with the balls in the saucers. So I do have the eject holes firing at the wrong times. The correct coils were firing at the same time so missed that
Where does that lead me?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, one coil fires when another one should be firing? Is that right? Perhaps a crossed wire or a connector that is pinned wrong.

So every coil that is supposed to fire does, but the coil (switch 28 ) fires 2 other times
As well When it shouldn’t and 29 fires once when time it shouldn’t.
Does that make sense? Strange

#21 3 years ago

To try to make it clear, the locks that I am
Having the Issues with fire at the same time (incorrectly) as other
Coils fire. But they also fire when they are supposed to

#22 3 years ago

Went through checked all coil wires for shorts or breaks in insulation- clear
Checked coil diodes on suspect eject coils- both good

Now for the weird In Coil test mode Eject coil 28 fires not only at its time, but at the same time as outhole, shooter lane, a relay, then at the end of the coil test it lists two coils as unused and it fires each of them as well...

( I thank all those that have given me input)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/micro-switch-triggers-ejector-but-switch-tests-good?tu=topkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.