• Latest reply 5 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB03C7D7-2C1A-4F26-99BE-7E55678B4527 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Is there a way to adjust which hole the actuator comes out of on a cherry switch? I need the new one from PinballLife to match the old non-working PinBot eye socket one.

FB03C7D7-2C1A-4F26-99BE-7E55678B4527 (resized).jpegFB03C7D7-2C1A-4F26-99BE-7E55678B4527 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

I've heard people do that and pretty sure you can if you drill out the plastic that holds them tight, but I'd order the correct switch. I know they have both as I just had to verify the right one recently to order.

#3 5 years ago

I use a razer blade and carefully wedge the switch apart. I don't wedge it all the way apart, just enough to pull the actuator out. Then slide it in the other spot and pop the switch closed again. Its not really that difficult.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I've heard people do that and pretty sure you can if you drill out the plastic that holds them tight, but I'd order the correct switch. I know they have both as I just had to verify the right one recently to order.

They actually do not seem to have the correct switch. This is the best I could get for the eye socket in Pinbot.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

I use a razer blade and carefully wedge the switch apart. I don't wedge it all the way apart, just enough to pull the actuator out. Then slide it in the other spot and pop the switch closed again. Its not really that difficult.

I'll try it. Hopefully I don't f it up .

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

They actually do not seem to have the correct switch. This is the best I could get for the eye socket in Pinbot.

Gotcha, I was assuming it was like this one I ordered from PL, but apparently not. But if you can't make that cool trick from hailrazer (Thanks for sharing this!) work, maybe you can make this switch work for you. I was using it in a TAF FWIW:

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-5647-12133-12.html

#7 5 years ago

I was going to link to the one I bought on PinballLife...but oddly it does not seem to be there anymore :/. I just got four of them from either PinballLife or Marcos...I can't find them on either site. The Data East microswitch looks like it has the correct positioning, but I'm not sure if the actuator is long enough to be bent into the eye socket. I'll measure when I get home.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I was going to link to the one I bought on PinballLife...but oddly it does not seem to be there anymore :/. I just got four of them from either PinballLife or Marcos...I can't find them on either site. The Data East microswitch looks like it has the correct positioning, but I'm not sure if the actuator is long enough to be bent into the eye socket. I'll measure when I get home.

Pinball Resource has a few micro switches. Maybe he has what you need.

http://www.pbresource.com/microswitch.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/micro-switch-adjust-actuator?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.