Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KingBW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013 (resized).PNG
    MPE-2016_GB-BANNER550 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Is this event now defunct? I'm finding zero information on any plans for this year. It's a bummer because I'm new to Michigan. Did anyone go to the last one?

https://www.facebook.com/MIPinballExpo/

#2 7 years ago

It already passed this yr

MPE-2016_GB-BANNER550 (resized).jpgMPE-2016_GB-BANNER550 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Also if you're new to michigan, don't miss pinball at the zoo http://www.pinballatthezoo.com

3 months later
    #4 7 years ago

what about 2017?

#5 7 years ago

Probably mid summer

#6 7 years ago

In addition to kZoo April 21-22, don't forget the Ann Arbor pinball show 2017, May 5-7. Come play 350 games. One of the largest shows in the country by game count. Tickets are pre-sale only, and are limited. So don't wait till the last second to get a ticket, because it does sell out. for details see www.vfwpinball.com

3 months later
    #7 6 years ago

Gotta agree with the OP, I can't find anything on an expo at Oakland University for 2017 either. Maybe it's dead. It sure was on life support last year anyway.

We had a schedule conflict last year and had to go on a Sunday. Previously we always went on Saturdays. Don't go on Sunday if you can avoid it. There was maybe 1/3 of the games that were there the year before, and practically no B/W, it was mostly late model Stern pros.

I guess all the B/W got sold, if they had any there at all. No offense to Stern fans, but we like 90s B/W.

Thankful for the VFW show, that is just awesomeness. Hopefully that never goes away.
    The Ohio expo looks pretty good too. We plan to hit that someday.

Too bad if MI expo is dead, we were going to give it one more shot.

4 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

If you like 90s B/W, check out SPARKS Pinball Museum.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from mamawaldee:

Thankful for the VFW show, that is just awesomeness. Hopefully that never goes away.

For 2018 the VFW show will have 400 unique and restored pin game titles. One of the largest shows in the country, if not the largest, by working unique game count. We plan to keep doing it!

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

For 2018 the VFW show will have 400 unique and restored pin game titles. One of the largest shows in the country, if not the largest, by working unique game count. We plan to keep doing it!

You're going to need another building ...

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikedetroit:

If you like 90s B/W, check out SPARKS Pinball Museum.

We hit that a couple weeks ago, its a little over an hour away from home. Very nice collection, although a few were broke and it wasn't obvious until you dropped quarters in. But the staff was very good at returning funds if a game was broke.

Will go there again in the future.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

You're going to need another building ...

Please don't say that....

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You know that is coming right?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

You know that is coming right?

And to think, it all started out as one humble building with a septic field and four car garage/storage building. As long as the next building is named after the night tournament director from the last show, I'm cool with it.

2013 (resized).PNG2013 (resized).PNG

#15 6 years ago

Time to rip off the roof and add another level

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

For 2018 the VFW show will have 400 unique and restored pin game titles.

I've never heard of this show.

#17 6 years ago

I'm detecting some sarcasm there Scott.

#18 6 years ago

No need for it to be marketed as it's been selling out weeks before the show dates the past two years.

Yes, selling out. Gauged sales, like Gottlieb's Gauged Production.....

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I'll help ... I'm down the road a bit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michigan-pinball-expo-2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.