(Topic ID: 124204)

Michigan Pinball Expo 2015 - Photos/Review

By vid1900

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG7443.jpg
    image-840.jpg
    image.jpg
    Cthulhu Pinball.jpg
    112222.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.jpg
    47.jpg
    46.jpg
    45.jpg
    44.jpg
    43.jpg
    42.jpg
    41.jpg
    40.jpg
    39.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 9 years ago

Yea great time, had fun playing Predator. I figured out who Vid is because i saw you take that first picture

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Thanks for posting that selfie, on page 1 (photo 1).

Nope he was the one taking the picture.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I have been attending this show for a few years now and it has been in decine.
    VIDEO GAMES! Why not just have a big screen and a X-box and run a halo tourney.
    This show was not worth my three hour drive each way and a trip through the border. I have played better machines at area retailers in Hamilton/Toronto.
    Some of the machines I really was looking forward to playing were out of service by sunday. Jokerz had a broken flipper, MR/Mrs Pacman was off, as were South Park (up later), Robocop (which I really wanted to play as it's at auction this week. Twilight Zone was being fixed the whole time I was there. If it wasn't for all the JJ pins this show would have had very few recent offerings.
    Where were some of the recent decent pins like: Transformers, X-men, Avengers, Rolling Stones, Avatar, Tron.....
    The outer mezzanine was pretty bare compared to some of the other years I have attended.
    I really think that the organizers might want to re-think this show going forward.I for one will not be wasting my time/money on this event in the future. I went to play pinball machines and try to figure out which would be the best to add to my collection. None impressed me very much.
    I also went for a few odd parts and left empty handed there aswell.
    Organizers may want to think about teaming up with another local area pinball attraction Marv Marvs or the Ann Arbour pinball collections.
    This show needs something. If you're going the route of letting in video machines you may as well go all the way to game room and let in billiards, jukeboxes, slot machines, video consoles.
    Had a few great conversations with the repair staff and they seem good.
    Too bad this event sucks now....
    Did I mention the very very limited supply of shirt sizes by Sunday? But then again who would want to wear an advert for this dying show is beyond me.
    I hate to be blunt but it is what it is.

Should have went Friday, any show I have been to is pretty much over on Sunday, seemed like less pins but Marcos weren't there and they usually take up a lot of space, bummer they weren't there because last year they brought a bunch of new games to play. I would like thank anyone who helped organized or brought a game to play, I still had fun, but I am only 25 min away, and my shirt fits great.

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

How in the world do you enforce this? My 5 year old knows what he is doing when he plays, he really likes pinball. At the MGC, he walked up to the machines, pressed the button, didn't see the ball immediately served (game was resetting or whatever), so he pressed it again and a couple times started two player games. What is the plan to do with him? Boot him? Kick us both out? Explain to him what he already knows? Make him chimp flip for a while?
    I understand that the VFW show tries to not attract the general public, but seriously, it's crazy to think that if I brought him, we'd end up being kicked out because of this.

I dont think anyone's looking to kick your kid out of any show, just the ones that do it on purpose, we need young kids to grow up wanting to play pinball not scare them away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michigan-pinball-expo-2015-photosreview?tu=crlush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.