4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ElectricCircuit
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG7443.jpg
    image-840.jpg
    image.jpg
    Cthulhu Pinball.jpg
    112222.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.jpg
    47.jpg
    46.jpg
    45.jpg
    44.jpg
    43.jpg
    42.jpg
    41.jpg
    40.jpg
    39.jpg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from aalucero:

Haha that's my HH supposed to be purple led but I like your deductive reasoning.

It did not come out in the pictures but the colors were very saturated - very "moody" playfields on that one.

You might have to put scraps of Lighting Gels over the LEDs if you want deeper purple.

#102 4 years ago

Me and my Peep's had us a good time ! there was lots for sale we didn't buy anything but we has fun

Tyrone

#103 4 years ago

Now that mpe is over I hope that all the mich dudes can support kazoo (2 weeks!) and Ann Arbor (4 weeks!) for more pinball fun. We don't know the kzoo games ahead, but Ann Arbor will have 250+ games to play. Both upcoming shows will be great fun. April/may is awesome in michigan. Oh yea and sachedell and tamore's party in 5 weeks!

#104 4 years ago

What is sachedell and tamore's party?

#105 4 years ago

I have been attending this show for a few years now and it has been in decine.
    VIDEO GAMES! Why not just have a big screen and a X-box and run a halo tourney.
    This show was not worth my three hour drive each way and a trip through the border. I have played better machines at area retailers in Hamilton/Toronto.
    Some of the machines I really was looking forward to playing were out of service by sunday. Jokerz had a broken flipper, MR/Mrs Pacman was off, as were South Park (up later), Robocop (which I really wanted to play as it's at auction this week. Twilight Zone was being fixed the whole time I was there. If it wasn't for all the JJ pins this show would have had very few recent offerings.
    Where were some of the recent decent pins like: Transformers, X-men, Avengers, Rolling Stones, Avatar, Tron.....
    The outer mezzanine was pretty bare compared to some of the other years I have attended.
    I really think that the organizers might want to re-think this show going forward.I for one will not be wasting my time/money on this event in the future. I went to play pinball machines and try to figure out which would be the best to add to my collection. None impressed me very much.
    I also went for a few odd parts and left empty handed there aswell.
    Organizers may want to think about teaming up with another local area pinball attraction Marv Marvs or the Ann Arbour pinball collections.
    This show needs something. If you're going the route of letting in video machines you may as well go all the way to game room and let in billiards, jukeboxes, slot machines, video consoles.
    Had a few great conversations with the repair staff and they seem good.
    Too bad this event sucks now....
    Did I mention the very very limited supply of shirt sizes by Sunday? But then again who would want to wear an advert for this dying show is beyond me.
    I hate to be blunt but it is what it is.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I take it you never saw the entire room of video games downstairs in years past?

#107 4 years ago

Great pics, but who got a pic of Vid? that's the one I want to see.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Great pics, but who got a pic of Vid? that's the one I want to see.

Lately I haven't been showing up in shots from cameras that use mirrors, like DSLRs.

Cthulhu Pinball.jpg

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lately I haven't been showing up in shots from cameras that use mirrors, like DSLRs.
    Cthulhu Pinball.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Too funny!

Now what the hell is that! That's amazing!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Did I mention the very very limited supply of shirt sizes by Sunday?

Limited shirts the last day of the show...shocking!

Quoted from cfh:

Now that mpe is over I hope that all the mich dudes can support kazoo (2 weeks!) and Ann Arbor (4 weeks!) for more pinball fun. We don't know the kzoo games ahead, but Ann Arbor will have 250+ games to play. Both upcoming shows will be great fun. April/may is awesome in michigan. Oh yea and sachedell and tamore's party in 5 weeks!

Man April/May is always jam packed...don't know if this old body (or the old lady) can put up with it!

#111 4 years ago

Too funny!

I thought the same thing, lol. One thing seems for sure though, that does not look like an easy game to ever move/transport! Can you imagine?

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Did I mention the very very limited supply of shirt sizes by Sunday?

Take this from someone who has run some large car shows. As a nonprofit group you want to sell out of day of event T shirts. Storing and selling off old shirts can become tiring, even selling them at cost can be an effort.
    The best thing that I have seen is a on site T-shirt printer. But for a smaller pinball show that would most likely not be ideal.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

This show was not worth my three hour drive each way and a trip through the border. I have played better machines at area retailers in Hamilton/Toronto.
    Some of the machines I really was looking forward to playing were out of service by sunday. Jokerz had a broken flipper, MR/Mrs Pacman was off, as were South Park (up later), Robocop (which I really wanted to play as it's at auction this week. Twilight Zone was being fixed the whole time I was there. If it wasn't for all the JJ pins this show would have had very few recent offerings.
    Where were some of the recent decent pins like: Transformers, X-men, Avengers, Rolling Stones, Avatar, Tron.....
    The outer mezzanine was pretty bare compared to some of the other years I have attended.
    I really think that the organizers might want to re-think this show going forward.I for one will not be wasting my time/money on this event in the future. I went to play pinball machines and try to figure out which would be the best to add to my collection. None impressed me very much.
    I also went for a few odd parts and left empty handed there aswell.
    Organizers may want to think about teaming up with another local area pinball attraction Marv Marvs or the Ann Arbour pinball collections.
    This show needs something. If you're going the route of letting in video machines you may as well go all the way to game room and let in billiards, jukeboxes, slot machines, video consoles.
    Had a few great conversations with the repair staff and they seem good.
    Too bad this event sucks now....
    Did I mention the very very limited supply of shirt sizes by Sunday? But then again who would want to wear an advert for this dying show is beyond me.
    I hate to be blunt but it is what it is.

Should have went Friday, any show I have been to is pretty much over on Sunday, seemed like less pins but Marcos weren't there and they usually take up a lot of space, bummer they weren't there because last year they brought a bunch of new games to play. I would like thank anyone who helped organized or brought a game to play, I still had fun, but I am only 25 min away, and my shirt fits great.

#114 4 years ago

Did Party Animal ever show up? Wasn't there Friday morning/afternoon. One of the few modern games I've never stumbled across for whatever reason.

#115 4 years ago

What was the price on the S.A.M.I and did it sell?

#116 4 years ago

The Metallica right at the front entrance got some plays. Keep it mind it was set to two balls and it was NIB before the show.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

What is sachedell and tamore's party?

Here's some details....don't know who sachedell is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/13#post-2311137

#118 4 years ago

I feel I should chime in. This was the first show I've been to. I live about 1.5 hours away and it was definitely worth my drive and entry fee. In 5 hours I played my fill on about everything I was interested in. My wife had fun too and she's not quite as geeked about pinball as me. It would've been nice to pick up some parts though. What did surprise me was the condition of some of the games... I would be ashamed to take games like that to a show. Loose inserts that spin when the ball hits them, dead flippers, masking tape on the playfield! But lines were about what I expected, very reasonable. Some games were open, most just a player or two in line. Newest games maybe 6 in line. Lastly, nothing to do with organizers, but something that happened multiple times- stood in line for a game before realizing the person loaded up all four players! Or two friends each playing two players. Takes all kinds I guess.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

Lastly, nothing to do with organizers, but something that happened multiple times- stood in line for a game before realizing the person loaded up all four players! Or two friends each playing two players. Takes all kinds I guess.

Do you go to many shows? This is a constant problem everywhere that involves the public instead of just pinheads. Frustrating for sure, but par for the course sadly.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you go to many shows? This is a constant problem everywhere that involves the public instead of just pinheads. Frustrating for sure, but par for the course sadly.

It should be posted and enforced at all shows. Posted all over at the VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Showcase.IMAG7443.jpg

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It should be posted and enforced at all shows. Posted all over at the VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Showcase.IMAG7443.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Although, it would be a good idea if Clay added "Each person is entitled to play only 1 game at a time, not multiple players at the same time."

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It should be posted and enforced at all shows. (Click image to enlarge)

What about Chimp Flipping Homes?

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

What about Chimp Flipping Homes?

New posters are at the print shop as we speak.

#125 4 years ago
    #126 4 years ago

Lastly, nothing to do with organizers, but something that happened multiple times- stood in line for a game before realizing the person loaded up all four players! Or two friends each playing two players.

I noticed that when I was there too. Anyone who sets themselves up for 4 players or plays a second game when there is clearly someone who is waiting to play needs to have their face smashed into the playfield glass. I'm not a violent person and (probably) wouldn't actually do that, but my blood boils when that happens. And when you see it happen to a young kid, you really want to go bananas. This gray-haired pony-tailed loser that was there was one of the offenders. If you're on Pinside, you are one inconsiderate a-hole.

I realize that those who do this probably don't have much going on in their lives and feel that this is their way to control something, but be considerate of others. The world doesn't revolve around you.

#127 4 years ago

Too funny!

https://vimeo.com/71088172

More art project than playable machine, but the skinny pointed flipper section for each player is pretty clever.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I hope you are not calling him a moron bro. Eavedesian is many things.....A great tech, a great guy.....Not a moron though.

Don't worry....most people here have ElectricCircuit figured out. Unfortunately it looks like one did not though.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is a constant problem everywhere that involves the public instead of just pinheads.

Oh these were definitely pinheads.

As my grandfather said, "people are no damn good."

#130 4 years ago

Oh these were

Oh these were definitely pinheads.
    As my grandfather said, "people are no damn good."

He is refering to Pinheads as people who own games, bring them to events, are in leagues. I have never met a pinhead who does that. Part of the problem on occasion is people have no clue what they are doing. Rules posting can help to a degree though.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It should be posted and enforced at all shows. Posted all over at the VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Showcase.IMAG7443.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How in the world do you enforce this? My 5 year old knows what he is doing when he plays, he really likes pinball. At the MGC, he walked up to the machines, pressed the button, didn't see the ball immediately served (game was resetting or whatever), so he pressed it again and a couple times started two player games. What is the plan to do with him? Boot him? Kick us both out? Explain to him what he already knows? Make him chimp flip for a while?

I understand that the VFW show tries to not attract the general public, but seriously, it's crazy to think that if I brought him, we'd end up being kicked out because of this.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

How in the world do you enforce this? My 5 year old knows what he is doing when he plays, he really likes pinball. At the MGC, he walked up to the machines, pressed the button, didn't see the ball immediately served (game was resetting or whatever), so he pressed it again and a couple times started two player games. What is the plan to do with him? Boot him? Kick us both out? Explain to him what he already knows? Make him chimp flip for a while?
    I understand that the VFW show tries to not attract the general public, but seriously, it's crazy to think that if I brought him, we'd end up being kicked out because of this.

I dont think anyone's looking to kick your kid out of any show, just the ones that do it on purpose, we need young kids to grow up wanting to play pinball not scare them away.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

That absolutely wouldn't happen. How we handle minor issues is that we have a Staff member assigned to each row of machines. Their role is to answer questions, help remove stuck balls, that kind of thing. If they were to see someone playing multi-player games solo, the Staff member simply asks the person not to do so.

If someone were to continue to do so, they'd get asked to stop multiple times. So far, we haven't run into that issue, as any time this came up last year, people were completely understanding and didn't do it again after being reminded.

If someone were to get really belligerent or abusive with the games, they'd be asked to leave.

I don't think you or your son have anything to worry about, so please join us in May!

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Don't worry....most people here have ElectricCircuit figured out. Unfortunately it looks like one did not though.

If you don't know someone personally it's not possible to have them "figured out" I can have any opinion I want. Notice how I had ten pins for sale here and only two left...? Figure that one out. I may be an opinionated ass sometimes who doesn't take criticism well but on the business side the games are as described and the transactions are smooth. Every single game went to a pinsider.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 0.35
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 64.00
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside