(Topic ID: 124204)

Michigan Pinball Expo 2015 - Photos/Review

By vid1900

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG7443.jpg
    image-840.jpg
    image.jpg
    Cthulhu Pinball.jpg
    112222.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.jpg
    47.jpg
    46.jpg
    45.jpg
    44.jpg
    43.jpg
    42.jpg
    41.jpg
    40.jpg
    39.jpg
    There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Cool photos, but.............
    You're screwing with us on that one picture, right?

Has to be. That is one excellent troll.

#52 9 years ago

Yea great time, had fun playing Predator. I figured out who Vid is because i saw you take that first picture

#53 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics! I'll be there tomorrow.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Yea great time, had fun playing Predator. I figured out who Vid is because i saw you take that first picture

Predator was actually there?

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Here are a bunch of pics from MPE 2015.
    Prices for all games are listed.
    1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    Banner $100

Hey- No one said that Penn from Penn and Teller would be making a guest appearance.

#56 9 years ago

If you’re in town for MPE and want to visit location pinball after your visit, there’s many locations that have a great selection of pinball machines and arcade games in the area-just travel down east from MPE and start your trail down to I-94 and travel down I-696.

1. Start off your journey in Chesterfield at Premier Lanes and Rosie O’Grady’s, which have a total of 39 pinball machines. There’s a concentration of Williams/Bally System 11 games at Premier and Williams/Bally 1990-1994 era at Rosie O’Grady’s. These two locations are only one-mile apart and also have a nice selection of classic arcade games as well. Both are located in Chesterfield on 23 Mile Rd. Premier Lanes, 33151 23 Mile Rd, Chesterfield, MI 48047

2. From there, take I-94 and go west and get off at the Metro Parkway exit to Terry’s Terrace, which has 4 pinball machines and a large selection of arcade games. 36470 Jefferson Ave, Harrison Twp, MI 48045

3. Get back on I-94 and take it to I-696 West and get off the Royal Oak exit and Turn Left at Woodward. One Eyed Betty’s has 5 pinball machines and is located in Ferndale at 9 mile and Woodward and is walking distance from M-Brew, which has 9 pinball machines as well. There’s also a few bars in the area that have a few games here and there. This might a good point to grab a bite to eat. 175 W Troy St, Ferndale, MI 48220

4. Get back on I-696 and take it to the Orchard Lake exit to Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, great selection of pinball machines and some of the craziest mechanical things you ever seen. 31005 Orchard Lake Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48334

5. Lastly, get back on I-696 and get off at the Arcade in Brighton, this location has a ton of pinball machines (not sure how many pinballs but Pinside says 70) and a mass amount of arcade games. You’ll be overwhelmed with all you see there. This is where you’ll see many of the new Stern games. 10816 East Grand River Ave, Brighton Township, MI

#57 9 years ago

Man! Predator wasn't there yesterday. Would have liked to see it before it disappears!

#58 9 years ago

Go meet Jersey jack !

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #59 9 years ago

Thanks for the photos/info. Planning on heading over there early in the AM. Just got done taking inventory of which LEDs I needed and talked myself into a Color DMD for my JM, so bummed to hear about the vendor situation. Should be a good time regardless!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from wontwa:

Thanks for the photos/info. Planning on Heading over there early in the AM. Just got done taking inventory of which LEDs I needed and talked myself into a Color DMD for my JM, so bummed to hear about the vendor situation. Should be a good time regardless!

Most of the vendors are at MGC. Its unfortunate to have 2 shows on the same weekend and I guess they have to choose...

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Most of the vendors are at MGC. Its unfortunate to have 2 shows on the same weekend and I guess they have to choose...

That crossed my mind a week or two ago (and makes sense), but after looking at the website earlier and seeing the list of vendors I assumed that was who would be there. Oh well - more $ to spend at PATZ.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Man! Predator wasn't there yesterday. Would have liked to see it before it disappears!

It is right between a Time Machine, and a Jokerz.

#63 9 years ago

Must have shown up today. There wasn't a time machine either. I may just have to go back in the morning

#64 9 years ago

If you go - a must play game is Happy Clown 1964 GTB . That is one fantastic em game !

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Must have shown up today. There wasn't a time machine either. I may just have to go back in the morning

You should go back, just don't expect to see that game.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Must have shown up today. There wasn't a Time Machine either. I may just have to go back in the morning

There's a Twilight Zone next to it now

#68 9 years ago

Thanks for this Vid, good stuff.

#69 9 years ago

There are only 3 more vids on my want list....Moonwalker, Journey, and Super Sprint. That is a SUPER SPRINT!
    I might have to make the trip this weekend.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

There are only 3 more vids on my want list....Moonwalker, Journey, and Super Sprint. That is a SUPER SPRINT!
    I might have to make the trip this weekend.

The Super Sprint was a lot of fun, if it weren't so bulky I'd totally want one. The one at the show does not have free play, however there's no lock on the coin door so it can be coined up via the switches.

#71 9 years ago

Nice...it is a beast of a game but if I heard right, it comes apart in a few pieces. I'll have to check it out, the currency exchange is brutal right now but it's not like there are a lot of these to choose from.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

"Read my lips, Predator will not ship with incomplete software" Kevin assured us.

Well, technically he wasn't lying. Thanks for the pics!

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, technically he wasn't lying. Thanks for the pics!

lol. Very true. I didn't see a lot of the games listed on the MPE website. I guess many games are/were only there for specific day(s).

What did folks think of the show this year? I hope today is a blast but the show in general definitely doesn't seem to be getting "bigger and better". Quite the opposite IMO.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you came to buy parts, rubbers, glass, playfields, displays, LEDs or any of the usual stuff, sadly, this was not the show for you.

Yea I was hoping to score some glass also was hoping to see what wrestle mania was all about, but at least I got some plays on hobbit

#75 9 years ago

Being a PAPA circuit event, any news on stream of the tournament today or tomorrow?

#76 9 years ago

wouldnt mind a robocop one of these days. not a lot to do on it, but love the theme.
    much like BTTF

thanks for the pics.

#77 9 years ago

$1,000 EM's if ya want 'em.

#78 9 years ago

A bunch of you guys emailed me that I mixed up the two Fireball IIs as far as which one had the great LEDs.

I posted the corrections - thanks for keeping my shit straight!

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

thanks for keeping my shit straight!

Thanks for posting that selfie, on page 1 (photo 1).

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

I wish I was as young and rich as Penn.

112222.jpg112222.jpg
    #81 9 years ago
    Quoted from funtimewithdave:

Being a PAPA circuit event, any news on stream of the tournament today or tomorrow?

I doubt they will be streaming this event. I think the next time they stream again is Pittsburgh in May.

Went up last night with the girl around 8:30. It was noticeably smaller this year, I was a little bummed that there was no Wrestlemania, but then again was surprised how much I like The Hobbit. Not a fan of the LOTR movies, but this pin i ended up enjoying a lot. Always nice to see Defender there and the color DMD games look amazing. It was a fun time, we got our moneys worth.

edit: the more I think about it, there isn't a shot in pinball more satisfying then hitting the spinner on Aztec. The sound of the reel spinning is awesome.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from funtimewithdave:

The tournament is a little behind with the times. No way to check scores online or no live updates like we've become use to at PAPA events. Right now I'm back in Ohio and have no idea where I set in qualifying or whether or not I should drive back for Sunday. They said they'd post the scores online at 11:30 PM tonight, but that's a little too late for me to know by. Also apparently there were suppose to be 10 games in the tournament bank, but some people that were bringing games bailed and now there are only 6, 4 of which are classic games, so it's mostly just an all weekend classics tournament.

#83 9 years ago

Predator ?

#84 9 years ago

Predator is NOT here at the 2015 MPE...That picture that was posted was from last year.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Nope he was the one taking the picture.

#86 9 years ago

1k+ for em's....sweet Jesus the market in MI is out of control!!

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

1k+ for em's....sweet Jesus the market in MI is out of control!!

Asking prices at MPE prior to the final day are always similar to eBay prices. I'm sure prices will get slashed tomorrow.

#88 9 years ago

I appreciate the effort but was not impressed. Had planned on spending the day but only spent about and hour and a half. Crowded and every game had a wait. No vendors to speak of, games were in OK condition. Had to look twice at the $7500 asking price for Scared Stiff when it didn't even have matching flippers?? World Cup's flippers had issues.

Don't know what I was expecting but that wasn't it.....

#89 9 years ago

I went to pump money in the classics tournament today. Just missed the cut, but had a helluva time playing. Saturday is always the busy day with waits on machines. Still had a fun time anyway, I think I'm slowly becoming a fan of Demolition Man

#90 9 years ago

thanks
    that was my initial guess... but then i started over-thinking it a little
    ya just never know... crazier things have happened

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

I appreciate the effort but was not impressed. Had planned on spending the day but only spent about and hour and a half. Crowded and every game had a wait. No vendors to speak of, games were in OK condition. Had to look twice at the $7500 asking price for Scared Stiff when it didn't even have matching flippers?? World Cup's flippers had issues.

That machine was HUO the flipper broke as it was being played like mad. It also sold for asking price. Was mine

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Almost no vendors at the show, unfortunately.
    No Marco, no IPB (obviously), no CPR, no Rottendog, no Cointaker, no nothing.

And what sucks about that is that Marco had a giant display of new Sterns last year. Without them, it looks like a few of the EMs got pulled inside from the concourse. Overall, the line-up feels pretty old.

Abel Electronics brought WOZ and Hobbit (thank you!).

Yeah! I got a few plays on each one. Got 250,000 once on Hobbit, which was pretty good for a two-ball game.

If you came to buy parts, rubbers, glass, playfields, displays, LEDs or any of the usual stuff, sadly, this was not the show for you.

I know. I was looking forward to getting a backglass for my wall, there weren't any available until Saturday afternoon, and most of those were older games.

I thought showrunners were getting pretty good about not having the overlap. Oh, well.

#93 9 years ago

Slim pickens for vendors at MGC. Marco is selling superbands with a few other things and PBL did pre-order only.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

That machine was HUO the flipper broke as it was being played like mad. It also sold for asking price. Was mine

Wow! Congrats on the sale! Maybe I should think of selling mine at those prices

#95 9 years ago

Yesterday you said you traded it for Tim Fife's modded Iron Man and 1500 cash....which is it?

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

That was the best nonrestored Scared Stiff I have ever seen in person. You should have looked a third time.

As a side note. The current model for most pinball shows is built on the collectors and sellers bringing games. I can not speak for all Michigan Pinheads, but my back is so torn up from years of moving games for myself and others, I left my games in my basement this year. I have decided I can not complain if I leave my games at home.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from eavedesian:

Yesterday you said you traded it for Tim Fife's modded Iron Man and 1500 cash....which is it?

That would be considered asking price in this business. I forgot, you're in the business when you get what you're wanting that's asking price. Stupid people now a days. Hate morons lmao

#98 9 years ago

That would be considered asking price in this business. I forgot, you're in the business when you get what you're wanting that's asking price. Stupid people now a days. Hate morons lmao

I hope you are not calling him a moron bro. Eavedesian is many things.....A great tech, a great guy.....Not a moron though.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Slim pickens for vendors at MGC. Marco is selling superbands with a few other things and PBL did pre-order only.

Marco had more than superbands and pretty sure they were running show specials that would ship to you, dirty d is here with limited edition prints, of course rob anthony is here with Tons of parts and board repair and taro. There is also a big huge enormous tent FILLED with all sorts of vendors, more video game stuff but still an insane amount of vendors.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

42.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    Power Play
    Joker Poker
    Haunted House - Mr Bates must have lit the house all in pink whenever he was dressed as his mother.

Haha that's my HH supposed to be purple led but I like your deductive reasoning. Very few would have come up with something that clever. Even fewer would have got us on the predator. Huge thumbs up to vid1900

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michigan-pinball-expo-2015-photosreview/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.