(Topic ID: 309858)

Michigan Pinball clubs

By unclerudy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

There are also clubs that play on location, so if you only have one game, or none at all, you can still be part of a league.

I've been in the Detroit Pinball League since the beginning, and while some guys are really good players and actually concentrate on scores, for a lot of us it's more about getting off the couch once a month and drinking some beer and eating way too much food. Which is great. No pressure and lots of laughs.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

I would love to meet up with some of you guys in the DPL, and the socialization and food and beer sound like what I want to do. I do want to also play pinball. I am guessing the 5 pin minimum is to make sure that you are serious about pinball, and don't want just anyone to just show up who you don't know. I just hope that the rules that you have don't turn people off to the hobby. And if you are happy with the group that attends, and don't want to grow, that's fine also. I was just trying to find something related to pinball that was similar to my homebrew meetings, where we learn, socialize, and eat and drink.

The 5 pin thing is that we want people in the league that can host.

The rules are there to protect the games (No pounding on the glass, setting drinks on games etc), and then like what do we do if a ball gets stuck someplace in the middle of a game. Nothing like "you must wear DPL approved clothing" or anything lol. There's also a travel/distance limit but I think South Lyon is within it - we have members from Ann Arbor out to Macomb and everywhere in between.

It's really casual - when someone approached me years ago about the league I said I wasn't interested, I didnt want to turn something fun into a competition. He assured me that it's pretty laid back, beer and basement league, it's as serious as you wanna make it, and 15 years later, I'm still there. We're in a growing stage right now, in fact just got a new member last week.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Did M Brew shut down for good?

Looks that way, I was gonna go last weekend, glad I checked first, says closed permanently.

1 year later
    #37 1 year ago

Belleville MI, door always open.

Ladies night is Mon - Sun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michigan-pinball-clubs?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.